Disappinted Silhoutte

Mr&MrsBee

Very  disappointed in Silhoutte  cruise prime  Dec 13 2919.  No wheelchair assistance,  Rude employee at Port of Miami.  Refused to get a supervisor so I could get assistance and wheelchair.  Once on board employee did not know about CC luncheon.  MDR luncheons not  quality of previous 12 cruises on X.  Service very slow with incorrect food items.  Virtually no wine service.  Beef dishes  I think were from Florsheim.  Very tough and no flavor.  Exception was prime rib was excellent,  Breakfast in MDR totally disorganized with again slow service had to ask rolls, coffee, or juice.  Management employees (two young ladies) just walked around doing nothing.  I guess LLP will want to promote them very soon.  Speaking of that the Capt Club Hostess did not mingle   with guest like Rose Dishay or Rossy like did in the past. idien the CC hostess was very helpful and friendly solving 2 concerns. 

Food quality and portions did not match previous  cruises,  The two dinners at Tuscan Grill were very good with  filet mignon and lobster alfredo. Lobster at Murano was a piece of mush with no flavor. The risotto was outstanding.  Service excellent.  MDR evening waiter and asst were very good.  Wine steward was rude and nonexistent.  Two young ladies at the buffet were very helpful in getting my food and taking to my table.  I tipped them  and were very reluctant to accept.  Roostck  the room steward was excellent.  The Martini  bartenders were as always  good displaying their bar antics.  Of course it was fun watching male guests kiss and  but will stop. each other.  Did not order room service but had fruit and cheese delivered.  The crackers  although wrapped were soggy or stale.

While waiting to disembark we waited in a room that you hang beef in.  Not very pleasant.

I could  go on about the negatives but will stop.  Celebrity did not meet previous expectations.  Have another cruise planned with friends and would cancel if not for our friends.  LLP has certainly taken X downward.  I feels sorry for the employees as they seemed overworked.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Very  disappointed in Silhoutte  cruise prime  Dec 13 2919.  No wheelchair assistance,  Rude employee at Port of Miami.  Refused to get a supervisor so I could get assistance and wheelchair.  Once on board employee did not know about CC luncheon.  MDR luncheons not  quality of previous 12 cruises on X.  Service very slow with incorrect food items.  Virtually no wine service.  Beef dishes  I think were from Florsheim.  Very tough and no flavor.  Exception was prime rib was excellent,  Breakfast in MDR totally disorganized with again slow service had to ask rolls, coffee, or juice.  Management employees (two young ladies) just walked around doing nothing.  I guess LLP will want to promote them very soon.  Speaking of that the Capt Club Hostess did not mingle   with guest like Rose Dishay or Rossy like did in the past. idien the CC hostess was very helpful and friendly solving 2 concerns. 

Food quality and portions did not match previous  cruises,  The two dinners at Tuscan Grill were very good with  filet mignon and lobster alfredo. Lobster at Murano was a piece of mush with no flavor. The risotto was outstanding.  Service excellent.  MDR evening waiter and asst were very good.  Wine steward was rude and nonexistent.  Two young ladies at the buffet were very helpful in getting my food and taking to my table.  I tipped them  and were very reluctant to accept.  Roostck  the room steward was excellent.  The Martini  bartenders were as always  good displaying their bar antics.  Of course it was fun watching male guests kiss and  but will stop. each other.  Did not order room service but had fruit and cheese delivered.  The crackers  although wrapped were soggy or stale.

While waiting to disembark we waited in a room that you hang beef in.  Not very pleasant.

I could  go on about the negatives but will stop.  Celebrity did not meet previous expectations.  Have another cruise planned with friends and would cancel if not for our friends.  LLP has certainly taken X downward.  I feels sorry for the employees as they seemed overworked.

LOL!!

We were on the Silhouette twice and the Equinox once and all three were excellent cruises, no complaints at all.  Next March we're doing Equinox for a second time and we're sure we will not be disappointed.  A vacation is what you make it, complain about anything and everything and you will not enjoy it or, go with the flow and have a great time!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We cruised back to back starting on Dec 1st and except for the transfer to the ship and some guest relations issues, we were very happy with Silhouette.

Our waiter and assistant in the MDR were among the best ever; wine flowed freely from our wine guy.

We thought Sofia the CC hostess was great and always had time to talk to us.

Cafe al Bacio crew were fantastic, again best ever on any ship.

Vann John at the Passport bar appeared seconds after we sat down for our live music events.

The activities staff doing general and music trivia were dismal, self absorbed and put in the penalty box as the Activities Manager, Pete had to take over.

No cruise is perfect based on expectations but Silhouette gets a 9+ from us.

We were on the Silhouette December 1st Cruise; the one before the OP’s.  I can certainly state our sommelier, Svetlana, was omnipresent and sweet and professional.  We dined with friends who had the Premium Package and we had the Classic and all of us were taken care of very well.  We had a great cruise; Silhouette is a beautiful ship with friendly employees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting !

We got of the Silhouette on the 13th when you boarded.

Not sure of what could have happened with you but our experience on the Silhouette was excellent, (review pending).

All the crew members we encountered were polite, courteous and very efficient.

Ofcourse you will always have some sort of negative experience but not for us on this cruise.

It sounds as if you were on a completely different ship than us.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

• Like 2

Our experiences on the Silhouette was the main factor in us leaving Celebrity, altogether, after 24 cruises and almost 300 days at sea. We tried the Equinox this past August and even being in a Sky Suite, with all four perks, it wasn't enough to bring us back, at least not now since we found the Yacht Club in MSC Seaside.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 5:44 PM, grandgeezer said:

Our experiences on the Silhouette was the main factor in us leaving Celebrity, altogether, after 24 cruises and almost 300 days at sea. We tried the Equinox this past August and even being in a Sky Suite, with all four perks, it wasn't enough to bring us back, at least not now since we found the Yacht Club in MSC Seaside.

au revoir

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 7:06 PM, Pickels said:

We were on the Silhouette twice and the Equinox once

Nearly three years plus ago - that’s like two decades in X terms 😆. Good grief, the free movies have been removed and reinstated twice, Edge has virtually been rebuilt and the beverage surcharges have removed in less time than that 🤣

• Haha 1

We have been on cruises where other people’s experience seemed to be like they were on a totally different ship. There’s always people that just will never be satisfied or their expectations are so lofty they can’t be met. Our experience on Celebrity has always been great. We treat the staff with dignity and respect and have had nothing but a great experience. We are going on Silhouette in March for 12 nights and can’t wait, as it will be going in for total refurb and Edge upgrades.⛴ 🌴 🍸

• Like 2

I have noticed that sometimes if your trip gets off to a bad start it is hard to get into a positive frame of mind. Since wheelchair assistance was a challenge at the port.. I wonder if that got OP off on a wrong footing... so to speak.  We had one cruise where passengers were kept standing outside the terminal for hours in the hot sun... with no word on reasons for the delay and no water... saw older passengers force to walk a Disney like back and forth route with walkers... by the time we boarded we were so annoyed we considered turning around and going home. Took a day at sea for that attitude to dissipate ... fortunately we got over it and had a good cruise. But for a while all we could see was red....

• Like 2