Required to watch safety video in order to use the TV.

denmarks

Really? We're complaining about safety? 

My sister was a flight attendant. I take that instruction seriously before each take-off, too.  People get really, really, REALLY stupid when they're panicking during an emergency.  It never hurts to take a few minutes and re-acquaint yourself with safety drills no matter how many times you've seen them. 😐

• Like 7

Got off of the Regal a couple of days ago.  I don't know if it is something new option or not, but I found that if you press the Home button on the remote, it will take the viewer to the regular TV menu.  I didn't experience anything locked the viewer into watching the entire clip.  The annoying thing about that video was the use of an actor that had a similar appearance resembling a younger Gavin McLeod; pretty cheeky.

20 hours ago, denmarks said:

Princess requires that you watch a safety video staring the current Love Boat cast and theme. If you do not watch the entire video the TV will not allow you to select anything. What do you think of the idea? It duplicates much of the muster drill.

What a great idea!! Of course it has no way of knowing if I'm watching or unpacking 🤪

8 hours ago, pablo222 said:

Turn on the tv when you first drop your carry on bags in the cabin.   Go to lunch.   Problem solved.

This isn't the Princess Clockwork Orange, where they duct tape you to a chair, prop you eyelids open with toothpicks, and force you to watch.

Now that is funny!!!!!   Laughed out loud

They should make that mandatory in place of going to muster stations, although I do understand why we have to go to the muster stations.

The video? Is brilliant, it's entertaining. I remember watching it right after they added it. Most people I've spoken to who saw it before it was sort of mandatory, loved it. How can anyone NOT remember everything they saw and heard in that video?

23 hours ago, denmarks said:

Princess requires that you watch a safety video staring the current Love Boat cast and theme. If you do not watch the entire video the TV will not allow you to select anything. What do you think of the idea? It duplicates much of the muster drill.

Actually, Princess does not require you to watch it. They only require that it runs IF you turn on the TV. If you don't use the TV, it won't come on. If you use the TV, you are not tied to a chair with your eyeballs propped open . You can unpack something or walk out and go get some lunch.

But, it's the cast of the Love Boat doing it. It's funny, entertaining, and people might actually learn something. They mixed information you need to know with nostalgia. It's about 10 minutes long. I'd watch it anyway. I think it's hysterical and I remember that more than what I hear from the female voice droning on at the required muster station.

And, my constantly in pain body doesn't get bumped while people are trying to find seats at muster stations. 

It's entertaining. Enjoy it.

1 hour ago, missaretha said:

And, my constantly in pain body doesn't get bumped while people are trying to find seats at muster stations. 

I hate to hear you if there was a real emergency & were crammed into a lifeboat with 150 other people.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:40 PM, Kwaj girl said:

Who is "Stewart"?

A number of people here seem to think it's incredibly "funny" to constantly refer to the Steward as "Stewart". This was a somewhat common error among people who mistook the two names/titles/whatever. People here thought it was "funny" and have perpetuated it by repeating it over and over and over... It ends up confusing people who honestly believe what they read here. I really wish they would stop. It's neither funny nor clever.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

A number of people here seem to think it's incredibly "funny" to constantly refer to the Steward as "Stewart". This was a somewhat common error among people who mistook the two names/titles/whatever. People here thought it was "funny" and have perpetuated it by repeating it over and over and over... It ends up confusing people who honestly believe what they read here. I really wish they would stop. It's neither funny nor clever.

It makes me wonder about their sense of humor. 

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

I really wish they would stop. It's neither funny nor clever.

It might have been funny the first 10,000 times it was posted.

Now it is simply repeated by people who are trying (and failing) to be funny.

Also see 'mustard drill'

3 hours ago, pablo222 said:

It might have been funny the first 10,000 times it was posted.

Now it is simply repeated by people who are trying (and failing) to be funny.

Also see 'mustard drill'

I always thought mustard drill took place at the grill on the lido deck.

Mini suite in both cases here...one TV for the bed, one for the couch....

In May on the CB we had to do it for each of the TV's in the room individually.  Thought we were in the clear having done it once and then being surprised to have to do it all over again when turning on the second tv. 

Last week on the island we seemed to get credit for watching it just the once.  After doing one TV we loaded up the other tv to check the box and get ahead of the game but it immediately let me change channels.  Maybe we turned it on earlier and didn't remember?  Not impossible, but I don't think so.

The only notable difference in the tv setup between the two was that the CB had the small TV's on the semi-circle TV stand, whereas on the Island the TV's were larger and wall-mounted, leaving the TV space on the semi-circle as additional storage and outlets.

No big deal either way, not something I would ever complain about, just an observation.

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

You can't outlaw stupidity.

DON