Required to watch safety video in order to use the TV.

denmarks

Princess requires that you watch a safety video staring the current Love Boat cast and theme. If you do not watch the entire video the TV will not allow you to select anything. What do you think of the idea? It duplicates much of the muster drill.

It's a minor annoyance.  I've already been to muster so I've heard the stuff and don't really want to listen to it again. No big deal. I just run it with the sound muted.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 7

It's a great multi-tasking activity. It is playing in the background when we first get into the cabin and continues playing like white noise in the background as we get acquainted with Stewart and the cabin, read our various papers and head out to lunch.

Hardly even notice it.

• Like 6

oh, is this new? because my recent mexician riviera cruise on the royal did not have this.  but it was playing constantly on the default channel when you turned on the tv.  seems easy enough to turn on tv, go do something and when you come back it is done.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Princess requires that you watch a safety video staring the current Love Boat cast and theme. If you do not watch the entire video the TV will not allow you to select anything. What do you think of the idea? It duplicates much of the muster drill.

It is funny and shows our safety is important to Princess.

A good idea imo.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

It's a great multi-tasking activity. It is playing in the background when we first get into the cabin and continues playing like white noise in the background as we get acquainted with Stewart and the cabin, read our various papers and head out to lunch.

Hardly even notice it.

Who is "Stewart"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Who is "Stewart"?

Stewart is the long dead ghost of the founder of the entire cruise industry.  The former person is held in the highest regard by all cruise passengers. Famously, Stewart is known to have said: “I will leave no room unclean.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, denmarks said:

Yes. I turn it on as soon as I arrive. Princess CTA.

Could care less. 

Yes Stewart.

18 hours ago, denmarks said:

Turn on the tv when you first drop your carry on bags in the cabin.   Go to lunch.   Problem solved.

This isn't the Princess Clockwork Orange, where they duct tape you to a chair, prop you eyelids open with toothpicks, and force you to watch.

With regard to the video, and the current muster drill --- it should be something to be take seriously, and yet princess has dumbed

it down to a second grade level.  Well done, Princess.

• Like 3

They say no kids have died in a fire in a school in the US due to schools doing fire drills all the time (recently). There is something to be said for repetitive learning.

Not a big deal. Doesn't take that long. May save lives.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4