Princess Tuxedo Rental

Rockymountainsparky

The company that provided tuxedo rentals for the cruise lines went out of business. Tuxedo wearers are now in a very small minority. But, if that is your thing, I can see the disappointment.

Perhaps see if there is a Men's Wearhouse near your embarkation port? I did that once.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

What a shame.  Looks like all the complainers got their way and tuxedos are becoming a thing of the past.  Some ruin it for all.

file your complaint with Princess for not enforcing their own 'guidelines' … 

15 hours ago, getaway101 said:

What a shame.  Looks like all the complainers got their way and tuxedos are becoming a thing of the past.  Some ruin it for all.

I don't believe anyone complained about others choosing to wear a tux, it was just about being forced to dress up when it wasn't a necessity. You can still wear one if you prefer and no one will say a word. 

• Like 4

The complaining was all going one way. Not once did I see someone complain because someone else wore a tux.

Society just moved on. Having a tuxedo business was not viable because most people did not want to wear a tuxedo. If you want to wear one - fantastic. If you don't, then you are part of a growing majority. 

Either way, its okay you wake up with yourself.- Billy Joel

• Like 3

A nice black jacket that fits perfectly, with (perhaps) a silk lapel, a pair of black creased pants and shiny black shoes.

It's the shirt and the tie you choose that will make or break a "tuxedo look."

Spend a little extra for the fancy, tuxedo front shirt, and don't cheap up on the tie.   Learn to tie the damned thing.

You should be able to stay under $400 and have a black suit that you can use in formal settings, weddings where you can't wait to leave and funerals.  You'll have those to attend for the rest of your life.  Why rent over and over something that wasn't even made to fit you?

I think I built this for my husband from scratch for $480 or something like that at Macy's.

PC060026.JPG

Edited by MotownVoice
Add photo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Regal February 2 cruise.  While waiting at the PAX Services Desk for another reason, I saw a notice on the large monitor behind the desk stating that you can rent a tuxedo at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if that was really the case and I was told that yes, they now have tux rentals (including shoes) at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if you would be able to book this through the Personalizer and was told 'no' only once you are on board and at the PAX Services Desk.  I was also told this is fleet wide now.

That said, knowing how things differ from ship to ship and person to person with Princess.  Don't shoot the messenger if your experience turns out differently. :classic_dry:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, getaway101 said:

And some seem to be unable to adjust to changes. Ruining it for those who can.  Life goes on.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:13 AM, MotownVoice said:

A nice black jacket that fits perfectly, with (perhaps) a silk lapel, a pair of black creased pants and shiny black shoes.

It's the shirt and the tie you choose that will make or break a "tuxedo look."

Spend a little extra for the fancy, tuxedo front shirt, and don't cheap up on the tie.   Learn to tie the damned thing.

You should be able to stay under $400 and have a black suit that you can use in formal settings, weddings where you can't wait to leave and funerals.  You'll have those to attend for the rest of your life.  Why rent over and over something that wasn't even made to fit you?

I think I built this for my husband from scratch for $480 or something like that at Macy's.

PC060026.JPG

Why spend all that unnecessary money for around 2 hours use twice n a 7 day cruise.  Can use that amount for many other things while aboard the ship.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I was on the Regal February 2 cruise.  While waiting at the PAX Services Desk for another reason, I saw a notice on the large monitor behind the desk stating that you can rent a tuxedo at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if that was really the case and I was told that yes, they now have tux rentals (including shoes) at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if you would be able to book this through the Personalizer and was told 'no' only once you are on board and at the PAX Services Desk.  I was also told this is fleet wide now.

That said, knowing how things differ from ship to ship and person to person with Princess.  Don't shoot the messenger if your experience turns out differently. :classic_dry:  

👍 thanks for the useful info Daniel, I am looking forward to the new service.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cabernet Girl said:

Does anybody know the cost of the Tux rental Princess are offering?  We are flying to our cruise this year so we will be limited on how much luggage we can take.  Husband might have to leave his tux at home which is a shame as I love getting dressed up for formal night.

I was told the rate is $107.00 for an entire cruise any length and he stated it includes everything including shoes.  After that info, I don't have anything else to provide (i.e. styles, colors or other matters.) 

• Like 2

Our issue with tuxedos and formal dresses was it required a lot of luggage room, and we just can't manage extra suitcases now we're a bit older. We both enjoyed going formal 30 years ago, but now we're with the majority in the MDR on "formal nights"; for me a conservative sports jacket, dress shirt (no tie), nice slacks, shoes.

I had considered renting a tux after I quit taking my own, but by then they were hard to get and expensive, so I just started bringing my own jacket and dress shirt for formal nights. Everything else I would have with me anyway.

Ah, we looked very good in our formal attire, but those days are sadly behind us.........😪

Doug

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Ah, we looked very good in our formal attire, but those days are sadly behind us.........😪

Same with us even though we could carry as much clothing as we want.

The days of dressing up for dinner is long past especially if you're they type that cruises often. Let the younger folks enjoy their moment & we'll just merge into the background and enjoy ourselves. 

• Like 3