Best hotel in best location in Seattle- No budget

LeCricket

4 Seasons, Fairmont Olympic, Inn at the Market

The Inn at the Market has a good location across the street from Pike Place Market. It’s really a fantastic place although a smaller boutique hotel with few amenities other than a great rooftop deck overlooking the market and Elliott Bay.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

4 Seasons, Fairmont Olympic, Inn at the Market

The Inn at the Market has a good location across the street from Pike Place Market. It’s really a fantastic place although a smaller boutique hotel with few amenities other than a great rooftop deck overlooking the market and Elliott Bay.

Also the Thompson, Hotel 1000 and the Edgewater, depending on your tourist aims and priorities.  

If budget is no issue then its pretty hard to beat the Four Seasons from the quality of accommodations, location (right at Pikes Place Market), and service standpoint. I've stayed at many of the others mentioned before but the Four Seasons is the best it gets in Seattle. 

I have a warm place in my heart for the Fairmont Olympic, which incidentally used to be the Four Seasons years ago before they built the current one. Its a grande dame hotel with a lot of wood paneling and chandeliers-- very nice spaces. Fairmont has done a nice job updating things but it is not up to the level that it used to be under Four Seasons. 

I saw the Edgewater mentioned which I like a lot as well but its not to the same level as the FS or the Olympic for that matter. If you want to splurge I would book the Four Seasons and go for a drink or snack at the Edgewater (while its still light out so you can see out into the harbor from the bar/lounge area) and also check out the Olympic (the little bar off the lobby is a little drab but the lobby itself is magnificent). The oyster bar at the Olympic is a lot of fun. 

On 1/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, princeton123211 said:

If you want to splurge I would book the Four Seasons

Agreed the FS is by far the best, but if the FS is $600 a night while The Fairmont Olympic, Hyatt at Olive 8, The Edgewater, The Theodore, The State, Inn at the Market, Thompson, etc are coming in at or under $300, or even $400, I'd have a hard time justifying the cost different; too much Scots in me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Agreed the FS is by far the best, but if the FS is $600 a night while The Fairmont Olympic, Hyatt at Olive 8, The Edgewater, The Theodore, The State, Inn at the Market, Thompson, etc are coming in at or under $300, or even $400, I'd have a hard time justifying the cost different; too much Scots in me.

And I do agree with you-- but based on the title of the post, the OP was feeling distinctly un-Scottish in their request. 

The location isn't exactly next door to the cruise terminal (it's about 30 miles away) but the Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie is a very nice "off the beaten path" choice, located right next to Snoqualmie Falls.  

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

We love Cedarbrook Lodge. Don't let the location fool you. Check out their website. We loved it. 

DANCING GRANDMOMMY we also LOVE Cedarbrook, but I wouldn't call it luxury accommodation or splurge-worthy. It's also at the airport, which I consider a plus for flying out but not for anything else. 😊 Obviously JMHO. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The Fairmont Olympic is probably my favorite, but I also enjoy the Hyatt at Olive 8. More boutique like hotels, The Edgewater, The Theodore, The Charter Hotel, The State, the Inn at the Market, Thompson and Motif. Old standbys include the Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel, Loews Hotel 1000, Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Kimpton Hotel Vintage and of course your standard Hyatt, Hilton and Sheraton. The Four Seasons is the ultimate, but usually outrageous compared to the others.

• 1 month later...

We had a very nice stay at the Inn at the Market. Great location, nice rooms and friendly staff who could not do enough for us.  I was worried about possible noise....there wasn't any.

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see, Seattle has ALOT of downtown choices and what one person may consider luxury, someone else may think---not so much.

I have stayed at the Westin...nice hotel and really good downtown location but I would not consider it "luxurious".  If you have an unlimited budget and price is no object? Four Seasons....for sure.

The Hilton and Hyatt properties? To me, they are your normal hotels. Nice and fine for what they do, but I don't put them in the luxury category.

• Like 1