Diamond Princess passenger "tested positive for Wuhan coronavirus"

gvre

16 minutes ago, JennAngel9 said:

Has anybody heard from the Abel family in the past 24h?

There was a new Youtube video by the son about an hour ago.  Look for David Abel Celebrant Training, Vlog 67. 

Edited by ar1950
  • Like 1

Nebraska Medicine is gaining one more patient from the Diamond Princess who has tested positive for the virus.. This individual has been staying in Lackland Air Force Base in Texas and is being flown to Omaha. I am not exactly sure why they are coming here - except their spouse is in an isolation unit in Omaha. They will also be in an isolation unit as their condition doesn't warrant the biocontainment unit.

This brings out count to 14 in Omaha.

Here is a daily update site: https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, npcl said:

what I am saying is that there was an agreement with the japanese. there was a list developed and agreed to. Custody was transferred from the Japanesr to the US. At that point it is a problem for the US to deal with. Leaving them there would have required the Japanese to allow the transfer of custody back to Japan. So at that point the choices were 1. get Japan to accept custody and leave them there 2. transport them back to the US 3. get another plane to put them on.  The choice taken was 2 with as much separation as possible.

The most possible separation possible would have been to put all 14 on the same plane, totally separated from the passengers on the other plane.

By dividing the 14 confirmed infected passengers between two planes, they risked exposure to all the other passengers on both planes.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, npcl said:

Were you on the plane?  If so how was it sealed? Was it set up with anything to filter air in that part of the plane and make it slightly lower pressure.  How far were those passengers separated from the others in the plane? Could you feel any air flow around the sheeting?

Have you seen the photos of the plane?

No way anything was set up to filter air from a section of the plane.

No way there was a different air pressure behind the plastic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apologies if this was already posted. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/02/24/coronavirus-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-quarantine-flawed-japan-says/4860071002/ 

TOKYO — Japanese health officials and experts on a government panel acknowledged Monday that the quarantine of the coronavirus-hit Diamond Princess cruise ship was not perfect, but defended Japan's decision to release about 1,000 passengers after 14 days.

The officials said Japanese health authorities faced tough challenges in dealing with a foreign-operated ship that required international negotiations in the absence of established rules in such a crisis. Princess Cruises is owned by Carnival Corporation and its headquarters are in Santa Clarita, California.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Have you seen the photos of the plane?

No way anything was set up to filter air from a section of the plane.

No way there was a different air pressure behind the plastic.

I was the one that posted about the partition....that was simply not going to create different air pressure and any other filters etc.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

The most possible separation possible would have been to put all 14 on the same plane, totally separated from the passengers on the other plane.

By dividing the 14 confirmed infected passengers between two planes, they risked exposure to all the other passengers on both planes.

I would think that if you are infected in a cabin with your spouse, they remove you from the cabin, wouldn't your spouse have to start their 14 day quarantine all over again.

As for the couple from the US, who had posted on Facebook, there seems no common sense.  
This is what I got out of the whole situation. 

1) They had the divider open on the balcony so they could 'hangout' with their friends in the cabin next to them.

2) The wife, posted a video on Facebook of herself walking all over the cabin and balcony bragging about spending time with her friend.

3) Her friend tests positive and is taken off the ship.

4) Shortly after that The US sends 2 planes to bring the Americans home.

5) I see her interviewed on a news station and she said,  "they made up a lie, and said their tests came back negative", this was so they could board the plane.

6) A couple of hours into the flight her husband has a high fever.

If all of this is true, who allowed it to happen?

Her husband tested positive.  So, doesn't that mean that all those people they were in contact with on the bus and plane are at very high risk?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Nebraska Medicine is gaining one more patient from the Diamond Princess who has tested positive for the virus.. This individual has been staying in Lackland Air Force Base in Texas and is being flown to Omaha. I am not exactly sure why they are coming here - except their spouse is in an isolation unit in Omaha. They will also be in an isolation unit as their condition doesn't warrant the biocontainment unit.

This brings out count to 14 in Omaha.

Here is a daily update site: https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID 

The CDC is reporting 36 passengers from the Diamond Princess that we brought home are testing positive for the virus.

Omaha has 14. Lackland AFB says they have 5 more.  Are the other 17 near Travis AFB?

51 minutes ago, dog said:

Thanks. Sounds like they got pocket wifi. I had that on my cruise around Japan. Worked better then ship’s internet

They have a iPhone with unlimited internet. Stephen thinks it was organized by Princess. Davind is having problems connecting with YouTube though.

Stephen had a FaceTime session with them. They are both doing OK although Sally's cough is worse. No fevers which is confusing the medical experts. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, khewston said:

I would think that if you are infected in a cabin with your spouse, they remove you from the cabin, wouldn't your spouse have to start their 14 day quarantine all over again.

As for the couple from the US, who had posted on Facebook, there seems no common sense.  
This is what I got out of the whole situation. 

1) They had the divider open on the balcony so they could 'hangout' with their friends in the cabin next to them.

2) The wife, posted a video on Facebook of herself walking all over the cabin and balcony bragging about spending time with her friend.

3) Her friend tests positive and is taken off the ship.

4) Shortly after that The US sends 2 planes to bring the Americans home.

5) I see her interviewed on a news station and she said,  "they made up a lie, and said their tests came back negative", this was so they could board the plane.

6) A couple of hours into the flight her husband has a high fever.

If all of this is true, who allowed it to happen?

Her husband tested positive.  So, doesn't that mean that all those people they were in contact with on the bus and plane are at very high risk?

I have been watching that group too...one video has them making jokes about the masks....now another person in quarantine in Omaha has been transferred to the hospital unit with symptoms...I believe at this point 3 of the 4 in those cabins are positive and under care.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, charmed1959 said:

The CDC is reporting 36 passengers from the Diamond Princess that we brought home are testing positive for the virus.

Omaha has 14. Lackland AFB says they have 5 more.  Are the other 17 near Travis AFB?

Omaha has 12 who have tested positive (assuming the one arrived tonight from Texas). 2 are still testing negative and in isolation rooms.

Sorry I implied otherwise. 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

Omaha has 12 who have tested positive (assuming the one arrived tonight from Texas). 2 are still testing negative and in isolation rooms.

Sorry I implied otherwise. 

By the way, I’ve appreciated your ongoing contributions from the “inside”. 

• Like 1

Sorry if this is a repeat question.  I have scrolled the last five pages and can not find an answer. 

Is there any information regarding the passengers let off the ship after 14 days who tested negative?  They were given a ride to the train station and a day later told to do a self imposed quarantine. 

Are there any numbers of these passengers, some Japanese who went home and some others, who went touring Toyko, who have now become sick?  Are they just roaming without any tracking?  I'm more concerned about them, than those who went home to their own countries for an additional 14 day quarantine. Better to become ill in your own country and be taken care of and hopefully protect the rest of the population.  To be given a ride off the ship to do whatever...on day 15 was irresponsible.

Thanks

Edited by BRANDEE

2 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

Has anyone fully recovered from this thing? If so, where are they?

Not on the Diamond Princess, but the first patient in the US to be diagnosed was in Washington State and he fully recovered and was released.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Coral said:

Not on the Diamond Princess, but the first patient in the US to be diagnosed was in Washington State and he fully recovered and was released.

The article I posted said 2 crew from the Philippines have recovered and been released and 5 more are expected to be released soon. That was an article specifically about the Filipino crew and guests so there are likely more.

what I don’t know is if anyone has gone from serious or critical to recovered. 

40 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

I have been watching that group too...one video has them making jokes about the masks....now another person in quarantine in Omaha has been transferred to the hospital unit with symptoms...I believe at this point 3 of the 4 in those cabins are positive and under care.

I am open to the possibility that we are talking about different people, or that I am behind the times,   but if we are talking about the same group of 4, Carl said on his last blog post that his wife is still testing negative, and Mark is at Travis AFB and I have been keeping up with his and his wife Jerri's FB posts.  I think the group is still at 2 pos 2 neg.  Jeri,  Carl's wife, (wives are Jeri and Jerri) quit posting because she feels people misunderstood what she said and every time she tries to explain she is just making it worse. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, imescaping said:

I am open to the possibility that we are talking about different people, or that I am behind the times,   but if we are talking about the same group of 4, Carl said on his last blog post that his wife is still testing negative, and Mark is at Travis AFB and I have been keeping up with his and his wife Jerri's FB posts.  I think the group is still at 2 pos 2 neg.  Jeri,  Carl's wife, (wives are Jeri and Jerri) quit posting because she feels people misunderstood what she said and every time she tries to explain she is just making it worse. 

you are probably correct...i guess it was someone transferred from elsewhere.  IT is hard to keep all of these people straight. Carl sure is taking the whole thing well....guess not much choice.

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Is there any information regarding the passengers let off the ship after 14 days who tested negative?  They were given a ride to the train station and a day later told to do a self imposed quarantine. 

Are there any numbers of these passengers, some Japanese who went home and some others, who went touring Toyko, who have now become sick?  Are they just roaming without any tracking?  I'm more concerned about them, than those who went home to their own countries for an additional 14 day quarantine. Better to become ill in your own country and be taken care of and hopefully protect the rest of the population.  To be given a ride off the ship to do whatever...on day 15 was irresponsible.

The short answer is no.  As far as I can tell, Japan has no plans to retest any of them.

• Like 1