RCL Stock

heidikay

5 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

I sold out at $125, went short at $100 and have been persistently bearish all summer.  Covered this week around $60 and went long.  

I have no idea what any of that means.🤔

If I want to gamble, I'd rather play 3 card or Dancing Drums😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

Do you think it will ?

I guess it depends on timing of covid solutions......I am with @John&LaLa and @Ocean Boy - I think it will go back down, which is why I sold but  I also never thought it would hit $70+ this soon......This stock is not performing like any brokers predictions, its actually an enigma right now in my eyes. If you have been playing with it since it hit $19, you were in line to make some good cruise cash. 

So I'm in a watch and learn mode right now and feel real good about my sale today regardless if it shoots up to 90+ .... 

Edited by CTCruiser76
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:27 PM, Baron Barracuda said:

I sold out at $125, went short at $100 and have been persistently bearish all summer.  Covered this week around $60 and went long.  

It's simply amazing that no one on these boards has ever taken a loss on RCL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

It's simply amazing that no one on these boards has ever taken a loss on RCL!

Didn't have to be a genius to sell in February.  RCL was at $120 when Diamond Princess entered quarantine.  Negative ramifications for cruise industry should have been obvious.   By April 2 stock was down to $25.  Since then trend has been basically up.  Most who bought after April  made money.  The losers are those who owned at $120 and didn't sell.  And even they will argue that they bought ten years ago at $17 so they are still ahead.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Didn't have to be a genius to sell in February.  RCL was at $120 when Diamond Princess entered quarantine.  Negative ramifications for cruise industry should have been obvious.   By April 2 stock was down to $25.  Since then trend has been basically up.  Most who bought after April  made money.  The losers are those who owned at $120 and didn't sell.  And even they will argue that they bought ten years ago at $17 so they are still ahead.

Nice for those who sold at $120.  For every sale at $120 there was a buyer on the other side of the trade who is now stuck with having to ride it out for the long term, take losses or be content with OBC.  It went as low as $19.25 in March -- I thought about buying more then but missed the boat (pun not intended).  If you look at insider trading docs filed with the SEC, you'll see some corporate higher ups that made out like bandits selling in February.   

This being said, you did quite well selling at the highs, going short, buying back and now long.  Hope your long position is as profitable for you as your previous trades.  Nice going!

On 2/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, davelinde said:

We own 100 shares each of RCL and Carnival - both offer shareholder benefits in the form of OBC.

Glad I never look at the price of either....

When have you ever received OBC for being a RCL shareholder? I think I might have in 2005, but it's been rejected every time since.

7 minutes ago, JYL said:

When have you ever received OBC for being a RCL shareholder? I think I might have in 2005, but it's been rejected every time since.

The criteria changed in June 2019 and the shareholder OBC is combinable with pretty much everything except for TA and interline rates

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JYL said:

If you book a last minute cruise with no perks, you can get the shareholder benefit.  In the past you could not combine benefits.  They changed that for cruises booked after 1 June 2019.  You can now use your shareholder to combine with other perks/discounts.  🍷

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

The criteria changed last June and the shareholder OBC is combinable with pretty much everything except for TAvand interline rates

We cruised Dec. 2019 and were turned down again. Are you saying travel agents and internet rates? I think we received $50.00 OBC from the TA.

2 minutes ago, JYL said:

We cruised Dec. 2019 and were turned down again. Are you saying travel agents and internet rates? I think we received $50.00 OBC from the TA.

The cruise had to be booked after June 1 2019.

Not the OBC you get from a TA...the rates that TA's travel under.  Interline rates are special rates for select groups...i.e. airline employees

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Ken, I just went back and looked at RCL's email and yes, the cruise was booked prior to June 2019. I'm happy though, I should be able to use it on upcoming cruises. Thanks for your information.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Maybe because the people that are down haven't sold, so its just unrealized loss until you actually sell.........just saying.

I just found out that my wife decided to sell the 100 shares of Carnival and the 100 shares of Royal she has held  for a while to get the discounts.   I didn't ask but I assume we took a bath on both.   Her logic was that with the hassles to redeem and the lower probability of a lot of cruising near term... c'est la vie and that money is gone now.

2 minutes ago, davelinde said:

I just found out that my wife decided to sell the 100 shares of Carnival and the 100 shares of Royal she has held  for a while to get the discounts.   I didn't ask but I assume we took a bath on both.   Her logic was that with the hassles to redeem and the lower probability of a lot of cruising near term... c'est la vie and that money is gone now.

Hey - I get it - hopefully she/you bought them closer to the 70 mark then the 100+ mark RCCL was selling at pre covid....