RCL Stock

heidikay

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Seem to recall that was a projection in March if we didnt flatten curve

In March, when I was really following Italy/Spain/South Korea, South Korea estimated their initial mortality rate at 0.6%.

They also mentioned if they didn't contact trace, they would estimate probably around double (or 1% rounded)

But this is only (at that time) for approx 50% of population who would get infected (they were getting around 50% positive vs negative cases)

50% of USA = 180,000,000

1% of those = 1,800,000

0.6% = approx 1,000,000

Edit:

- we are not even 5 months in

- flu season begins in 2 months... weaker immune system for hundreds of thousands

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And we did flatten the curve in the US. Then we took our foot off the virus’ neck and let it come roaring back rather than keep up the lockdown and kill it. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

In March, when I was really following Italy/Spain/South Korea, South Korea estimated their initial mortality rate at 0.6%.

They also mentioned if they didn't contact trace, they would estimate probably around double (or 1% rounded)

But this is only (at that time) for approx 50% of population who would get infected (they were getting around 50% positive vs negative cases)

50% of USA = 180,000,000

1% of those = 1,800,000

0.6% = approx 1,000,000

Edit:

- we are not even 5 months in

- flu season begins in 2 months... weaker immune system for hundreds of thousands

When will 2020 flu shot come out

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Seem to recall a statement in March that there were only 40 coronavirus deaths because the US had "a very strong border policy."

Not sure what happened there... nor what your point is.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zekekelso said:

And we did flatten the curve in the US. Then we took our foot off the virus’ neck and let it come roaring back rather than keep up the lockdown and kill it. 

We really did what what Derek Chauvin didn't and created a similar mess

Agree with the other poster when we combine that with fall/winter, school going back in session, cold weather, and flu, sounds like a perfect storm.   Then you got election in November where most certainly those passionate about masks and those who are proud in their liberty and freedom mingle at the ballot boxes will indeed make for a bigger storm.

91-DIVOC-countries-UnitedStates (2).png

91-DIVOC-countries-UnitedStates (1).png

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

When will 2020 flu shot come out

DH works for a local hospital here in Indy and he was told the flu shot would be available to its employees in late September this year. Our local CVS only says "flu shot coming".

Edited by SilkySal
add

From the RCCL SEC filing yesterday. Did I miss the thread about the cancellation extension from 9/15 to 9/30?

On July 16, 2020, the Company posted the following notice on its press center website (https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/😞

The health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we visit is our top priority. As we work with the CDC and others toward this shared goal, Royal Caribbean Group will be extending the suspension of sailings to include those departing on or before September 30, 2020.

We will be reaching out to our guests and travel partners tomorrow to share further details and address any questions or concerns they may have.”[\quote]

Edited by Biker19

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

We now know that RCL will pay no cash dividends until sometime on/after 1st Quarter of 2022.

It will be after, if at all.  Many of the loan agreements have covenants that restrict the payment of dividends.  Actually. dividends should be the least of shareholder worries.  The company's very existence is at stake.

I can't figure out any fundamental that has the stock priced where it does today (48-ish; 1st week of August for reference later on). It makes no sense to me. Those that gambled in the 20's and were disciplined enough to get out at this point should take their tidy profit and run. I'm just astonished. 

12 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I can't figure out any fundamental that has the stock priced where it does today (48-ish; 1st week of August for reference later on). It makes no sense to me. Those that gambled in the 20's and were disciplined enough to get out at this point should take their tidy profit and run. I'm just astonished. 

Agree!  I would add that it may be a mistake to hold on simply for the benefit.  Even if you save hundred or more bucks, every point drop in the stock costs you $100.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Agree!  I would add that it may be a mistake to hold on simply for the benefit.  Even if you save hundred or more bucks, every point drop in the stock costs you $100.

Over the years I've received over $16,000 from Royal (and almost $5,000 from Carnival) in OBC but I'm on the sidelines right now.

Today Royal announced an extension of their suspension through October.  They also suspended their dividends through 2021. Maybe they will suspend the shareholder's credit, too.

I believe both stocks will decline further.

32 minutes ago, centurycruiser said:

Over the years I've received over $16,000 from Royal (and almost $5,000 from Carnival) in OBC but I'm on the sidelines right now.

Today Royal announced an extension of their suspension through October.  They also suspended their dividends through 2021. Maybe they will suspend the shareholder's credit, too.

I believe both stocks will decline further.

Yes, I think it also highly unlikely that the dividend will come back anytime before 2023.

2 hours ago, centurycruiser said:

If I had to place a bet I believe they'd increase the minimum number of shares for the benefit before suspending it entirely.

2 hours ago, atanac said:

If I had to place a bet I believe they'd increase the minimum number of shares for the benefit before suspending it entirely.

You may be correct.  I would not bet against your post.

Hi all,

Getting a little nervous hearing about the shareholder dividend being cancelled.  So just in case it makes a difference, submitted request to RC for shareholder credit for upcoming Fall cruises today at 5:00 pm.  It's now 9:14 pm - received confirmation from RC that credit has been applied to all six cruises.  Wow - don't know if that's a record but pretty impressed.

NJ 

A couple of days ago they re-giggled some financing and debt.  A requirement was reported to include a commitment to no dividends (among other things) but given the circumstances a dividend was unlikely anyways.  The new deals should allow them to survive much of 2021 in a worst case scenario.  

I'm not sure how NCLH or CCL are doing financially.  At the moment there is guilt by association but also general trends in the market that are influencing the roller coaster ride.  

Given that they are bracing for the longer term I think we'll see another dip beyond the roller coaster peaks and valleys of late.  That might be a good time on jump onboard more.