RCL Stock

heidikay

On 3/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, fred30 said:

Plus it will become the norm to quarantine any ship with a confirmed case onboard.

I am just wondering...this was the norm in February / March when Covid-19 was spreading and nobody wanted to risk spread into places where it wasn't, but now that it is everywhere, how nuts is it to suggest that a ship with a sick passenger would be quarantined and not allowed to call into a scheduled port?

Wouldn't it make more sense to quarantine the sick passenger, announce to guests / increase sanitary standards, and keep going like is now done to handle Noro?  Once a vaccine / treatment are available, yes; until then, no cruising nor any travel is viable or possible.  

I am thinking otherwise, we let people into bars in 3 hour blocks, but who pulls the "low card" and gets the 0600 - 0900 time slot?  This is just nuts...

27 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

In my inexpert opinion, the entire market has gone completely mad, with the cruise lines along for the ride. 

And that is why, on the 8th day, God created trailing stops.

After swearing they have adequate liquidity through '21 CCL and NCLH are both in the market today raising fresh cash.  CCL  sold new senior bonds yielding 10%+ while NCLH sold both stock and bonds.  CCL also announced sale of 4 Holland America ships.  Both stocks down more than 10% .   

On 7/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, SherriZ366 said:

RCL stock closed at 58.35 -- a jump of 10.21. 😄 It is down a little after hours.  

CDC No Sail order sheds light on weakness... Sun Trust posted the following which shows RCL to be the worst off with liquidity.

"Carnival has about 16 months of liquidity in a no-sail scenario, according to SunTrust estimates. Royal Caribbean has about 14 months, while Norwegian Cruise Line has about 25 months, SunTrust says."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Really, that seems a little steep. 

I was considering selling if that $58 hit $60

You should like it.  Every time I put a buy order in the stock goes up $10-  I put it in last week when the stock was around $47.  Had one in back a month or so for $35 and stock went up $10😇

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

CDC No Sail order sheds light on weakness... Sun Trust posted the following which shows RCL to be the worst off with liquidity.

"Carnival has about 16 months of liquidity in a no-sail scenario, according to SunTrust estimates. Royal Caribbean has about 14 months, while Norwegian Cruise Line has about 25 months, SunTrust says."

I'd say not much difference between 14 and 16 month 'guess', but thanks for sharing. So much easier to read than just a link.

9 minutes ago, travelhound said:

RCL, along with all the cruise stocks, is a bet on a successful vaccine.  All the cruise lines have been hit the hardest and will probably appreciate the most when they announce a vaccine.

I wish that was accurate. They seem to bob up and down for no reason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

RCL, along with all the cruise stocks, is a bet on a successful vaccine.  All the cruise lines have been hit the hardest and will probably appreciate the most when they announce a vaccine.

Even after successful vaccine is discovered it will take many months to mass-produce and distribute.  Until then cruise lines continue to hemorrhage cash.  Unlike governments their borrowing power isn't unlimited.  At some point banks will say "enough".

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Even after successful vaccine is discovered it will take many months to mass-produce and distribute.  Until then cruise lines continue to hemorrhage cash.  Unlike governments their borrowing power isn't unlimited.  At some point banks will say "enough".

I was under the impression that the most promising and well funded vaccines were already being produced and awaiting approvals

• Like 4

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I was under the impression that the most promising and well funded vaccines were already being produced and awaiting approvals

That's true - the 2 most promising vaccines being trialled here in the UK are already in production to be ready as soon as trials are (hopefully) successfully  completed.

35 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

That's true - the 2 most promising vaccines being trialled here in the UK are already in production to be ready as soon as trials are (hopefully) successfully  completed.

That is my understanding as well.