RCL Stock

heidikay

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I bought apple today. They will have a four for one split at the end of the month. People will buy it because it iwill be seen as cheap at $100+ after split. Plus it is a great long term hold. . 

What is date of ownership to get in on the split? 

43 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

RCG adds another 700 million in debt.

Looks like they are planning for an extended shutdown.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/royal-caribbean-secures-a-new-700-million-credit-line-51597243590?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Isn't that at best 3, months of expenses

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

You almost made it yesterday.  My sell order is at $65.  Currently RCL is at $56.08.

I go back and forth on using market orders vs. limit orders.

My experience has led me to the belief that market orders eliminate the uncertainty and reduce stress when the stock moves in the opposite direction of what I want.

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

My experience has led me to the belief that market orders eliminate the uncertainty and reduce stress when the stock moves in the opposite direction of what I want.

I have been using a trailing stop order for several years, So far it has worked out great. At CS you can do a $1 trailing stop loss GTC for 60 days. . 

Edited by taglovestocruise

36 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I have been using a trailing stop order for several years, So far it has worked out great. At CS you can do a $1 trailing stop loss GTC for 60 days. . 

That could be a good way to go.  I was responding to those who placed sell limit orders above the existing price.  The danger there is that the stock might never reach that price.

I think the trailing stock order or market order are the ways to go.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

I've only owned one stock in my life. And it's just for fun, so it doesn't matter one way or the other. But thanks for the advice

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've only owned one stock in my life. And it's just for fun, so it doesn't matter one way or the other. But thanks for the advice

We purchased 100 shares at $16 back in 2009.  It went down to $5 and wife said to buy more, but what does she know?  😵  We certainly got our money's worth over the years even before the restriction of combining perks.  Now that they lifted the combining restriction, I just continue to reap all the benefits.  I'm keeping it, and it works for me.

Now would I buy at $55-$60 a share, I don't think so.   🍷

7 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We purchased 100 shares at $16 back in 2009.  It went down to $5 and wife said to buy more, but what does she know?  😵  We certainly got our money's worth over the years even before the restriction of combining perks.  Now that they lifted the combining restriction, I just continue to reap all the benefits.  I'm keeping it, and it works for me.

Now would I buy at $55-$60 a share, I don't think so.   🍷

Bought mine back at $40 in March, at one time I had the potential for $2300 in OBC on the books. That windfall drops every day it seems.😪

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 9:09 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

August 24

8C2CFBD8-446B-444E-90BC-45FEBC8133D3.jpeg

Stock splits aren't what they used to be.  Back in the day, you needed to buy a "round lot" of a stock (100 shares).  Using the above Apple $400 per share example, you'd need $400 X 100 = $40,000 to buy AAPL.  After a 4-for-1 split, the min buy in value would be reduced to $10,000, meaning that it's more affordable for the individual investor.  That would often also give the psychological advantage of making the stock seem cheaper and therefore a better investment.

Now, you can buy partial shares with little commissions or other fees.  You can buy $1,000 worth worth of AAPL whether it's at $400 or $100 (although you're still better off spreading per trade fees across more shares).  The psychological part has actually gone the other way, according to my finance guy.  Especially for tech stocks, being more expensive is viewed as being a more successful company and a better buy.  Apple may be the exception though as they have more loyal followers than most tech companies and a higher or lower share price probably won't change what people think about their valuation. 

I sold out at $125, went short at $100 and have been persistently bearish all summer.  Covered this week around $60 and went long.  Wanted to get in before results of therapeutic trials by Lilly and Regeneron are announced next month.  If either treatment demonstrates ability to significantly reduce covid's severity, taking death and ventilators off the table, it will be a big deal.  Also believe the Abbott 15 minute test is very positive.  Effective testing and treatment form two legs of the needed three legged stool.  Hopefully the third, a vaccine, won't be far behind.  

• Like 1