Royal Caribbean Cancelling Alaska / Europe??

Went to visit Next Cruise desk today. All sailings in Europe now are code red. Has anyone heard any communications on this?

Also, Alaska sailings are code red out of Seattle and Vancouver. Can someone validate this for us?

Thanks. 

Edited by Kokomo91165

2 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Went to visit Next Cruise desk today. All sailings in Europe now are code red. Has anyone heard any communications on this?

Also, Alaska sailings are code red out of Seattle and Vancouver. Can someone validate this for us?

Thanks. 

I just checked and I can still book a Ovation (Alaska) and Allure (Med) for June and a July. 

Looks like you were given  incorrect information. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Thanks. 

Did the person at NC desk give anymore detail on that?  I have 2 europe cruises for august and they are still available on rcl site.

I'm personally booked on Ovation in May out of Vancouver... Nothing to indicate it has been/will be cancelled... Also, I can still book the same sailings that were available before and after when I look at CruisingPower.. I wouldn't panic yet 

3 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

They better not cancel Alaska.  We will be on Ovation Sept. 4 and we will go regardless of the negative reports, as long as Ovation sails.

I am on that cruise too!!

Just did a booking for the Sept 4 for friends that decided to join us. No issue. Did notice more rooms were available than last week. I’m not worried about something that is 6 months away. This will all have blown over/run its course by then. The prices of the May cruises have definitely dropped. 

I read in a news site (cant remember which one) that Canada is thinking about closing its port to cruise ships. IF this happens it will make Alaska difficult or impossible. But it may not hapoen.
I was going to post the same regarding Canada.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I read in a news site (cant remember which one) that Canada is thinking about closing its port to cruise ships. IF this happens it will make Alaska difficult or impossible. But it may not hapoen.

Also read this today.. It was Vancouver they were talking about.

1 hour ago, MoniMommy said:

This is probably the story your reffering to:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-cruise-ships-bc-bonnie-henry-says-season-should-be-delayed-1.5492180

The problem is if Canada closes ports then cruises out of Seattle would be affected as well as the Jones act requires a stop outside the states.  Seattle based stops typically stops in Victoria so a closure would affect it aswell Canada wants to delay that start of the season 

12 minutes ago, sergeant655 said:

The problem is if Canada closes ports then cruises out of Seattle would be affected as well as the Jones act requires a stop outside the states.  Seattle based stops typically stops in Victoria so a closure would affect it aswell Canada wants to delay that start of the season 

Can't Royal get a waiver and/or pay the fine?

We went on NCL around Hawaii back in ~2003 and had to skip Fanning island due to an azipod issue, and that was the case with other sailings as well. 

I sure hope that our 8/23 Jewel European cruise is a go. Post-cruise we are headed to Bordeaux & the Dordogne regions of France from Barcelona followed by a week in Paris. So long as land travel is possible, we could keep our ff  & EasyJet flight bookings and improvise travel plans between Copenhagen and Barcelona. These "what if's" for us are months away.  

The cruisers who are headed to Europe or Alaska in early spring are those who are faced with so many unknowns. I feel their angst.

Edited by TMLAalum

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Allure is on way to Europe now so I'm sure she will still do a European season. Hopefully things will improve in a couple of months in the same way it has in China 

I have received 6 emails so far encouraging me to book now for the drinks packages etc for my August Allure sailing!!!  I think they want my money. 

Allure docked in Malaga today as planned.

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Allure is on way to Europe now so I'm sure she will still do a European season. Hopefully things will improve in a couple of months in the same way it has in China 

I'm staying optimistic, but wouldn't Allure be have to be in Europe now even if they theoretically cancelled the Med season? I'm guessing they have a tons of things lined up for the drydock/Amplification/Azipod repair that would be a nightmare to reschedule.

My first week of June cruise is to Charleston, Newport and Bermuda. The Bermuda cruises usually pick up the end of April and May. I'm thinking they might not want ships pulling in there. Just cancelled my March 29 cruise out of Miami. Hopeful June would work out. My kids are on a May 4 to Bermuda though.

13 hours ago, P_and_L said:

I'm staying optimistic, but wouldn't Allure be have to be in Europe now even if they theoretically cancelled the Med season? I'm guessing they have a tons of things lined up for the drydock/Amplification/Azipod repair that would be a nightmare to reschedule.

The Allure is on her way to Barcelona where she´s supposed to arrive tomorrow. After disembarking passengers she will go to Cadiz into dry dock. The Med cruises are supposed to start May 10th.

She has to go to dry dock to regain classification. Of course this is more technical stuff and not the big amplification. Anyway she can only go to Europe for dry dock. If Cadiz shuts down she has a problem. For rescheduling all stuff to another shipyard might not be possible as those might not be available (being booked).

So it´s too early to say anything.

steamboats