Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

1 hour ago, comcox said:

I also have non-refundable flights (unless Lufthansa changes its policy) and accommodation booked with non-refundable deposit, so I haven't made a final decision yet.  I already had OBC from my original booking and my shareholder's benefit so additional OBC would really not be important to me, but then I don't drink so even using what I already had would be challenging.

We already have £360 obc with our booking but we like the speciality restaurants plus Pauline will find something to buy in the shops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveuj said:

Hi all have just moved April 19th 2020 to Iona 2021 May 1st in balcony at aft .Got FCC 70% plus rest onto card used to pay balance.(had to pay £99 deposit)

Hi all just had call from TA P&O have now said they are going to use 100% of money paid towards my new cruise. (Just pay any balance £350 on due date.Did not have to pay any deposit.

26 minutes ago, Heatherlea10 said:

I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but the email from P&O re extra onboard spend states it can be used on drinks, spa treatments, room service and shore experiences booked on board.  There's no mention of onboard shops.

Probably an oversight as normally obc can be used for anything on your bill and until it is used up our 8.5% loyalty discount does not come into play.

Our obc used to pay for the autogratuities.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, Daveuj said:

Hi all just had call from TA P&O have now said they are going to use 100% of money paid towards my new cruise. (Just pay any balance £350 on due date.Did not have to pay any deposit.

I can now cancel Iona June 20th 2020 and get a FCC for deposit £100.

When it talks about "48 hours prior to departure" does that mean relative to the scheduled sailing time, or midnight on the day before departure?

We are scheduled to go on Ventura on Tuesday and since my wife has asthma I guess we want to wait until the last possible moment to decide based on the news over the next few days.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Probably an oversight as normally obc can be used for anything on your bill and until it is used up our 8.5% loyalty discount does not come into play.

Our obc used to pay for the autogratuities.

I'm hoping that's the case as we only have the occasional drink onboard and usually book shore excursions beforehand as the popular ones sell out before boarding.

• Like 1

I wonder if you could use the FCC for the same cruise(!)

Not in the spirit of the offer, but the price of our Canaries cruise in May on Ventura has now dropped so far, we could get a superior balcony cabin for a lower cost than we paid for a regular balcony.

So theoretically, it looks like we could cancel, get the FCC, then book onto the same cruise on a better grade. We'd lose the £400, sure, but we'd gain a better cabin.

A bizarre set of circumstances.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Same here John. I have gone to the link on the mail for T’s and C’s of the FCC and none of the boxes will expand (usual P&O rubbish IT). I am mobile at

present so if anyone is able to ‘open’ all answers on that page and post a screen shot I’d be very grateful. 

How do I make changes to my booking?

If your booking has been made directly with P&O Cruises please call our Customer Contact Centre on 03453 555 111 (local call charges apply) to discuss options available to you. 

Alternatively, please make contact with your travel agent/tour operator. 

What is an FCC and how does it work?

An FCC is a Future Cruise Credit that can be used as payment in part or full to a new cruise booking made before 31 December 2021 and sailing before 31 March 2022.

How long is the FCC valid for?

The FCC can be redeemed against any booking made before 31 December 2021, sailing before 31 March 2022.  

How do I view my FCC?

Unfortunately you will not be able to see the value of your FCC.  This will however be applied automatically when you make your next booking.

When will I get my FCC?

The FCC will be created in our system under your Unique Reference numbers (My Account Number) within 72 hours of cancelling your booking.  

What if I’m travelling after 31 August 2020?

You are able to transfer free of charge to any alternative cruise date, prior to paying the balance of your holiday.

How will I know my FCC has been applied?

The FCCs will automatically be applied to any new booking made before 31 December 2021, sailing before 31 March 2022.  

Can I use the FCC on an existing booking?

The FCC is valid on new bookings only. 

Can the FCC be used across multiple cruises?

Yes, the FCC can be used across multiple cruises.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I don't read it that way as both cruised depart after the 31st August cut off date?? confused

You are correct Dave, this offer only concerns cruises up to 31st August. However they do say that cruises after that date will be dealt with later and new information will be posted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

that's our major problem.  wish to cancel this April and can't transfer the FCC as we are already booked.

Jean, have you asked your TA if you can cancel next years booking then immediately re-book it using your FCC? I realise that you may lose some money doing this, but probably not as much as you would if you just write off the FCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heatherlea10 said:

I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but the email from P&O re extra onboard spend states it can be used on drinks, spa treatments, room service and shore experiences booked on board.  There's no mention of onboard shops.

You've always been able to use OBC in the shops.  P&O are giving you the extra  spend for still  sailing with them instead of cancelling so I wouldn’t think they'd  put any stipulations on it. They've had enough bad feedback already. 

Avril 

• Like 1

Good to see P&O coming into line with what many other lines announced weeks ago.

By doing this I think that they are protecting future booking, which will help them survive the current crises. Given how they are now dealing with the situation people will feel grateful for their consideration and feel safe to book (or to retain bookings) to see if the situation improves.

Had they left things as they were then many people would have cancelled to get whatever % refund they could (some may have done so already). If that meant losing thousands of pounds then the chances of them booking P&O again would probably have been slim.

I think this policy change is good for customers and good for P&O in the longer term, win win.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, daiB said:

You are correct Dave, this offer only concerns cruises up to 31st August. However they do say that cruises after that date will be dealt with later and new information will be posted.

Don’t agree

You are able to transfer free of charge to any alternative cruise date, prior to paying the balance of your holiday.

43 minutes ago, kenhem said:
How do I make changes to my booking?

If your booking has been made directly with P&O Cruises please call our Customer Contact Centre on 03453 555 111 (local call charges apply) to discuss options available to you. 

Alternatively, please make contact with your travel agent/tour operator. 

What is an FCC and how does it work?

An FCC is a Future Cruise Credit that can be used as payment in part or full to a new cruise booking made before 31 December 2021 and sailing before 31 March 2022.

How long is the FCC valid for?

The FCC can be redeemed against any booking made before 31 December 2021, sailing before 31 March 2022.  

How do I view my FCC?

Unfortunately you will not be able to see the value of your FCC.  This will however be applied automatically when you make your next booking.

When will I get my FCC?

The FCC will be created in our system under your Unique Reference numbers (My Account Number) within 72 hours of cancelling your booking.  

How will I know my FCC has been applied?

The FCCs will automatically be applied to any new booking made before 31 December 2021, sailing before 31 March 2022.  

Can I use the FCC on an existing booking?

The FCC is valid on new bookings only. 

Can the FCC be used across multiple cruises?

Yes, the FCC can be used across multiple cruises.

Many thanks. Much appreciated. I’m home now but still can’t open those tabs on my iPad. 

Normally, when you change a cruise booking, you have to transfer to a cruise of equal or greater cost, but that condition appears to have been waived here (unless I am missing something)?

I’m really happy about extra Obc , we will be on the Arcadia 12 th April cruise had no intention of cancelling only if advised not to travel, we also have one one Iona in may  and a few others booked up this year and next year so transferring it to another cruise was no option for us and I’m glad it works out for a few others too 

• Like 1

One thing on the obc can it be used in the shops as there is only mentioned If you'd like to keep your existing booking, your ship and crew are ready and waiting to welcome you. We are pleased to be able to offer you some on-board spending money to enhance your holiday; this will be credited to your on-board account and can be used for drinks, spa treatments, room service and shore experiences booked on board. So I would question for example shops , dixons travel What do you think?

6 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Don’t agree

Well you can agree or not, but this is the quote from the E mail from P&O. 

We will be contacting booked guests with a cruise departing from 1 September onwards shortly

The quote is near the bottom of the Email.

• Like 1