Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

7 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Was told cruise was refunded to TA two weeks ago (even though we asked for refund as can’t get hold of TA so now probably going to have to do CC dispute to find that money).

Who charged your credit card?  Princess or your TA?  Suggest you not use a TA in the future who takes your money, if that is the case.  Good luck.

Just now, LDVinNC said:

Who charged your credit card?  Princess or your TA?  Suggest you not use a TA in the future who takes your money, if that is the case.  Good luck.

Gave card info to TA to pay Princess. Appears they took payment then paid Princess, so therefore Princess made refund back to them.

trust me won’t use them again!

Just now, Spurschick said:

Gave card info to TA to pay Princess. Appears they took payment then paid Princess, so therefore Princess made refund back to them.

Wow...wonder why they did that.  Not the usual (and ethical) way to do it.  Sure hope you can get your money back.  I do think filing a dispute - since you cannot get ahold of the TA - is the way to go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Dispute the charge with your credit care ASAP.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Beyond irritated.

Called again yesterday regarding refund of excursions, drinks packages and internet that we cancelled before all the mass cancellations began in March.

Was told cruise was refunded to TA two weeks ago (even though we asked for refund as can’t get hold of TA so now probably going to have to do CC dispute to find that money).

That was a start but given we cancelled excursions etc weeks before the cruise was cancelled I asked why that had not been refunded. I was point blankly told we will not give you a date. I asked to escalate was told “this conversation is going nowhere”

i will call back again Monday🙄

Dispute with credit card. You are not getting anywhere by calling  have all attempts to contact TA & Princess documented, receipts, cancellation. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dog said:

Dispute with credit card. You are not getting anywhere by calling  have all attempts to contact TA & Princess documented, receipts, cancellation. 

Yes will do. As we found out yesterday the money was sent to them bank say we have to give them opportunity to respond to that claim so emailed them and have to give them 7 days to respond (or not 🙄)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Wow...wonder why they did that.  Not the usual (and ethical) way to do it.  Sure hope you can get your money back.  I do think filing a dispute - since you cannot get ahold of the TA - is the way to go.

Thanks, we do have insurance as well but looks like this may take a lot longer to resolve than I had hoped.

1 minute ago, Spurschick said:

Yes will do. As we found out yesterday the money was sent to them bank say we have to give them opportunity to respond to that claim so emailed them and have to give them 7 days to respond (or not 🙄)

You might want to send a certified letter with signature...

12 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Yep - they are closing up shop. They are not going to survive this crisis.

Just rec'd last of refund for Mar 29 b2b yesterday on CC.  We cancelled Mar 11 and rec'd 25% back next day.  Princess cancelled the cruise a few days later.  We chose option 2, lower value.  Latest amount was for rest of cruise, EZ Air and excursions.   Looks like 80+ days or so.

• Like 1

We too are patiently/impatiently waiting for the refund. Our cancelled cruise was from April 7 (CA Coastal). We were refunded 50% to our cc and were told the other 50% would be FCC, which still has not appeared on our Princess account.  We then got the email of May 5 encouraging us to take the balance of the 50% in FCC. We decided to get the balance due us refunded back to our cc. And so we continue to wait. Seems phone calls to Princess are a waste of time. 🙄

5 minutes ago, JoRoy218 said:

We too are patiently/impatiently waiting for the refund. Our cancelled cruise was from April 7 (CA Coastal). We were refunded 50% to our cc and were told the other 50% would be FCC, which still has not appeared on our Princess account.  We then got the email of May 5 encouraging us to take the balance of the 50% in FCC. We decided to get the balance due us refunded back to our cc. And so we continue to wait. Seems phone calls to Princess are a waste of time. 🙄

Did you cancel or did Princess cancel first and if you cancelled, when did you cancel?

Did you fill out the Pause 1 questioner?

Edited by Coral

We cancelled 5 days before Princess called it. And yes, I completed their request form.  Based on their May 5 email, they have us down for requesting the balance due back to our cc but were trying to encourage us to go for FCC, which we have no intention of doing. 

33 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Just rec'd last of refund for Mar 29 b2b yesterday on CC.  We cancelled Mar 11 and rec'd 25% back next day.  Princess cancelled the cruise a few days later.  We chose option 2, lower value.  Latest amount was for rest of cruise, EZ Air and excursions.   Looks like 80+ days or so.

Yup, our refund took about 90 days, but they did refund everything and gave us the FCC with option 2, so I am satisfied.  We plan to use the FCC for a cruise for next Winter.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JoRoy218 said:

We cancelled 5 days before Princess called it. And yes, I completed their request form.  Based on their May 5 email, they have us down for requesting the balance due back to our cc but were trying to encourage us to go for FCC, which we have no intention of doing. 

Those of us who cancelled before Princess did (I am one of them - I cancelled March 6th) take longer. I did get my money back on CC on day 89 from when I cancelled. You are taking longer.

I would definitely call Princess. It won't speed things up but it is possible that they can tell you if your refund has been processed or not. Or potentially can spot if something is wrong with your file. Good luck. I did dispute it with my credit card and that is an option though it is sort of confusing to say "I cancelled and then they cancelled and then they offered to refund my money". 

2 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

We are in a similar situation.  We cancelled our May 9th cruise two days before Princess did and we got a partial refund within days of cancelling.  The initial offer was that the cancellation fees would be set up as FCCs.  Then the pause happened and the offer changed to option 1 or 2, the same thing that was communicated for those cancelled by Princess.  We filled out the form indicating option 2 on March 12th, and again on May 5th when we got the email from Princess that was sent to those who cancelled in a specified window before the pause. 

On May 22nd we got a revised cancellation notice showing no cancellation fees on the fare but oddly no EZAir amounts and the PVP was shown as $0.01.  Since others have reported getting refunds soon after receiving similar notices I was hopeful.  But since then nothing has happened.  No refund, no bonus FCCs, FCD gone from Cruise Personalizer.  And we continue to wait.

Edited by azbirdmom

Day 89. 🦗 🦗🦗🦗 from Princess; no FCC posted, only one email asking me to rebook by June 30 (with what I might ask).  

On a much more pleasant note, 75% of money refunded this week via credit card dispute.  Only took 35 days.  

I guess I will be filing disputes on the other credit card payments.

Day 94---still waiting.  Was told this past week that our refund for a 5/9 cruise was processed 6/9/20---has not shown up on CC yet... and no FCC in our accounts.  Will be calling again Mon.--THIS time I'm going to have to insist on talking to a Supervisor.

At this point, I don't even care about cruising again for a while--especially on Princess.  We have a cruise booked in 2021, but if we don't get anything back in the coming week, will most likely cancel it....and there's another wait for our $200 deposit.😠

So sad, as we enjoyed the Princess ships we've been on and were trying to reach Platinum this year---all a pipe dream now.

• Like 1

Reading everyone's posts about this situation (and being in the midst of it myself) I am wondering on what you all think is going through the minds of the powers that be at Princess. I have thought about this long and hard over the past 3 months. I was a Princess cheerleader - they were my preferred line, I loved their product, and sailed over 25 times with them. I have never had any major problems with Princess in the past (a few gripes around reps not knowing stuff, a few issues on ships, but nothing to turn me off them). When Diamond Princess happened, I though Princess handled the situation extremely well - communication was top notch, they treated guests onboard well (I had friends on the ship so got some first hand info), and they seemed to be doing things right. When Grand happened, it still seemed as if they had things under control and much of what went wrong with disembarking, etc was more to do with Govt/CDC restrictions than Princess. I was pleased with the new cancellation policies they introduced and applauded them for being the first to voluntarily pause operations. Fast forward 3 months and I ask myself, what went wrong?

Since the first cancellations in early March, Princess seem to have just given up. Given up communicating to its customers, given up training the people on the phone to ensure they have correct/accurate info, given up refunding money (at least for a while). Why is this? Do they realise what they are doing to hurt their brand? Do they care? Customer retention is important in normal times - during this crises, it is vital! Past customers are the ones that will be first to sail again, not people that have never set foot on a ship. I find it hard to believe they don't realise how much they are turning their past customers off them - this site, their Facebook, their Twitter all have constant "Where is my money" comments. So that leads me to ask - do they care? If they don't, then why? IS the writing on the wall for them? Do they know that they won't make it through so have just given up trying? I don't have the answers but have way too much time on my hands right now and mull this stuff over constantly. I would be interested to hear what others think about the situation!

• Like 4