Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

13 hours ago, Coral said:

I don't think I have ever been disgusted with an accounting/finance department more than I have been through this process.

I couldnt agree more, I cant believe they have come back and hit you with this. 😞

Whilst  you have said you are letting your TA try and sort it , if they cant I would email  Princess and ask for a full statement of  your refunds and what you paid. 

They wont want to do that  as you booked via a TA but I would copy the email  to  one of the clowns you have lost faith with. 

I did that and they  (obviously not a clown)  were on the phone within an hour. 

I made a spreadsheet for our account and knew to the penny what we should get. Our TA confirmed the figures so we were gobsmacked when it was wrong.

fI still reckon they have paid each of  us the  full amount of port fees  instead of half each. TA has queried but Princess were not interested as the figures have been rubber stamped by "Corporate"   whoever/wherever they are!.  

Edited by Aulanis

4 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

I couldnt agree more, I cant believe they have come back and hit you with this. 😞

Whilst  you have said you are letting your TA try and sort it , if they cant I would email  Princess and ask for a full statement of  your refunds and what you paid. 

They wont want to do that  as you booked via a TA but I would copy the email  to  one of the clowns you have lost faith with. 

I did that and they  (obviously not a clown)  were on the phone within an hour. 

I made a spreadsheet for our account and knew to the penny what we should get. Our TA confirmed the figures so we were gobsmacked when it was wrong.

fI still reckon they have paid each of  us the  full amount of port fees  instead of half each. TA has queried but Princess were not interested as the figures have been rubber stamped by "Corporate"   whoever/wherever they are!.  

Good idea.

15 hours ago, Coral said:

I am back disappointed with Princess. I had an air reduction in February for my April cruise. My TA called and got a refund. This was over $1000. This occurred several weeks before the cruise was cancelled. I saw this week that Princess has recalled that refund. They indicated that I was over refunded which I wasn't. I was actually short an amount slightly below $200.

I don't think I have ever been disgusted with an accounting/finance department more than I have been through this process. I have zero faith in Princess' leaders. I wasn't a fan of the decisions that they have made for Princess the past several years but how they have handled these refunds is beyond acceptable.

So I am past 130 days.

Oh jeez...so sorry to hear this.   The more I see and hear from Princess, the less I plan to cruise in the future.  

• Like 2

I'm still waiting well over 100 days for $12,400 FCC and $4000 refund to gift cards for a cancelled Japan cruise. I will never book a cruise until a week or two before sailing because of the debacle of getting a refund. If there's no cabin available that I want that close to sailing I'll just not cruise until I find something better. I am also looking at other cruise lines that I've sailed before and enjoyed.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Coral said:

I am back disappointed with Princess. I had an air reduction in February for my April cruise. My TA called and got a refund. This was over $1000. This occurred several weeks before the cruise was cancelled. I saw this week that Princess has recalled that refund. They indicated that I was over refunded which I wasn't. I was actually short an amount slightly below $200.

I don't think I have ever been disgusted with an accounting/finance department more than I have been through this process. I have zero faith in Princess' leaders. I wasn't a fan of the decisions that they have made for Princess the past several years but how they have handled these refunds is beyond acceptable.

So I am past 130 days.

Oh no!  This is beyond ridiculous.  Why would they do this after the fact?!  Seems like their accounting department confused itself!  

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm getting confused. PVP just gave my granddaughters another 530 FCC total (split between them) while waiting for the 1074 FCC. I have no idea how or why .... she just states "Thanks again for all your patience on this craziness.   Still awaiting answers on some of your credits.    But, I did want to let you know I applied more credits to A× and A×× for the August 2021 Alaska cruise."

added: A× and I are each owed 537 FCC. Although she didn't state that's the balance of her FCC, I wonder if that's actually hers as its eerily close & I'll get mine soon? 

Very confusing indeed.  I certainly hope that you get to the bottom of this!  In looking at your mess the mess of others, it seems so odd that all of my numbers have been correct to the penny.

48 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Back in May we disputed charges and were given a temporary credit. This week the bank finalized the credit and closed the dispute so we are good. 😃

Did you ever hear anything from Princess or get anything from them? My temporary credits were issued in June and still showing as temp right now but I've heard nothing further...

1 hour ago, Coral said:

N and I are clueless. 

So frustrating for both of you.  I hope they are just doing an accounting adjustment and will credit the correct card that was used for the airfare.  And not wait another 90 day s to do so.  

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Did you ever hear anything from Princess or get anything from them? My temporary credits were issued in June and still showing as temp right now but I've heard nothing further...

I disputed my charge in mid May (I think 5/13).  I received conditional credit within 2 days from Costco Citi.  I checked with Princess a couple of times to see if they would be quicker than the credit card company.  Once, the Princess rep said it was “processed” on 6/13 and gave me the amount.  Amount was correct.  Waited and nothing.  I called Princess after 6/13 was told that since I disputed the charge, I would have to get it from the credit card company.  Costco visa said they received nothing from Princess.  They finalized my credits before the date they said they would...6/29 instead of 7/14.

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes Princess issued the FCC about two weeks ago. Half to my account and I assume half to my wife's mythical account (she doesn't have an account). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Yes Princess issued the FCC about two weeks ago. Half to my account and I assume half to my wife's mythical account (she doesn't have an account). 

She probably does have an account but does not have the credentials to log in to it. Try using Online Support Request at the bottom of https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

Select "Captain's Circle Membership" and the Topic "Request Member Number"  fill in the relevant fields and an explanation in the "Question or Comment" field.

Before submitting print the page so you have a record.

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

She probably does have an account but does not have the credentials to log in to it. Try using Online Support Request at the bottom of https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

Select "Captain's Circle Membership" and the Topic "Request Member Number"  fill in the relevant fields and an explanation in the "Question or Comment" field.

Before submitting print the page so you have a record.

I assumed there was a way to set up an account for her. But we are not going to bother as we have no plans to sail with Princess or any cruise line anymore. 

Princess cancelled our August cruise in Alaska in April.  The only deposit was from our future cruise credits.  We didn't want to bother with the hassle of trying to go through Princess's evasive phone system, so we just let the matter sit to see how long they might take.  They finally put the credit back into our cruise credit accounts in early July.

• Like 2

I did dispute with Amex and those charges were handled very quickly. Very impressed. Unfortunately, most of my charges were on a different card, with BMO Harris. If anything, BMO has been more of a PITA about it than Princess has been. Lesson learned. 

21 hours ago, redtop101 said:

I've been on the phone to my cc company today to file a dispute - Bank of Montreal MasterCard Canada.

Now sitting at 122 days since e-mail confirmation from Princess (March 17th 2020) for choosing Option 1 150% FCC for 2 cruises cancelled May 8th and May 9th Pause 1.

Received FCC June 1st but still waiting for taxes, fees and Princess Platinum Protection refund for trip cancellation.

After a lengthy talk with BMO MasterCard agent I was advised to e-mail Princess and get written confirmation of the amount of refunds owing. There is no way to contact Princess by e-mail on their website to get any written confirmation.

The BMO MasterCard agent consulted with her supervisor and advised me that I have 100 days from my date of cancelled service (May 8th and May 9th) to file the dispute, but getting anything in writing is another matter.

I didn’t see  message until after I had posted my own reply to a poster suggesting that I dispute with my credit card issuer (BMO). Yep, as I said in my post, if anything BMO has been a bigger pain in the ass than Princess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lderochi said:

I didn’t see  message until after I had posted my own reply to a poster suggesting that I dispute with my credit card issuer (BMO). Yep, as I said in my post, if anything BMO has been a bigger pain in the ass than Princess. 

It's so long ago (~40 yrs?), I no longer remember why, but you could not pay me to deal with BMO.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, redtop101 said:

I've been on the phone to my cc company today to file a dispute - Bank of Montreal MasterCard Canada.

Now sitting at 122 days since e-mail confirmation from Princess (March 17th 2020) for choosing Option 1 150% FCC for 2 cruises cancelled May 8th and May 9th Pause 1.

Received FCC June 1st but still waiting for taxes, fees and Princess Platinum Protection refund for trip cancellation.

After a lengthy talk with BMO MasterCard agent I was advised to e-mail Princess and get written confirmation of the amount of refunds owing. There is no way to contact Princess by e-mail on their website to get any written confirmation.

The BMO MasterCard agent consulted with her supervisor and advised me that I have 100 days from my date of cancelled service (May 8th and May 9th) to file the dispute, but getting anything in writing is another matter.

You can try using the chat function to get the information from Princess, then saving and printing the chat.  I have two chats saved on my computer, so I have in writing that Princess says my disputes have been settled in my favor.

My problem is that Princess Barclaycard says my chargebacks are still open, even though Princess says they found in my favor and closed the disputes in early June!  I can't reach anyone on the phone in the dispute department at Barclay, and their messaging function on their website won't give me an answer.  They just say I need to call the dispute line.  I do have provisional credits on my account but nothing has changed since they were originally posted in May when I opened the disputes.  So as far as I can tell, they are still temporary credits.  I am approaching 90 days from the dispute date, so I think they will automatically change to permanent at that time?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pompeii said:

You can try using the chat function to get the information from Princess, then saving and printing the chat.  I have two chats saved on my computer, so I have in writing that Princess says my disputes have been settled in my favor.

Thanks for your suggestion. Unless I'm doing something wrong it appears that the Live Chat has disappeared from the Princess web site and replaced with "Online Support Request" where you fill in drop down lists with "Out of Pocket Reimbursement" then "COVID-19 Related Refund", then "First Name" and "Last Name", then "Check for Eligibility" then fill out all the details of your expenses and attach files for proof of expense.

I'm not sure this is the correct place to go now.

Edited by redtop101

19 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Princess cancelled our August cruise in Alaska in April.  The only deposit was from our future cruise credits.  We didn't want to bother with the hassle of trying to go through Princess's evasive phone system, so we just let the matter sit to see how long they might take.  They finally put the credit back into our cruise credit accounts in early July.

We were booked on an Alaska cruise in August and have not seen any refund yet. Most of it was paid (not in full) with Princess gift cards.

Our two March cruises have been fully refunded and the November cruise we just canceled hasn't been fully refunded yet.

31 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

We were booked on an Alaska cruise in August and have not seen any refund yet. Most of it was paid (not in full) with Princess gift cards.

Our two March cruises have been fully refunded and the November cruise we just canceled hasn't been fully refunded yet.

im glad you got refunded for your March cruise. It gives me hope since I’m still waiting for my March cruise refund. 🙀

1 hour ago, redtop101 said:

Thanks for your suggestion. Unless I'm doing something wrong it appears that the Live Chat has disappeared from the Princess web site and replaced with "Online Support Request" where you fill in drop down lists with "Out of Pocket Reimbursement" then "COVID-19 Related Refund", then "First Name" and "Last Name", then "Check for Eligibility" then fill out all the details of your expenses and attach files for proof of expense.

I'm not sure this is the correct place to go now.

I still have the green live chat button all the way at the bottom of the screen next to contact us.  Maybe you need to log in?image.thumb.png.22f64856e3140b27f08463165a09ed67.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1