Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

I am one of those that had the money clawed back from a credit card dispute for an April 4 cruise.   I have yet to receive my $1400 in EZAir credit.  I only filed a credit card dispute because I got no response from Princess after several phone calls and emails.  It has been over 8 months that they have used my money ( total of over $13K) ,  and almost 5 months since cancelling and I am still waiting for my money! 

As a side note, filing a credit card dispute is not as easy as some make it sound.  Our company is not answering their phone lines for disputes and require you to send a certified letter with copies of documentation via snail mail.   It is beyond frustrating to deal with them this manner, especially since they normally do everything online.  When Princess tells them it is a valid charge then you have to start all over with the letter dispute process....I’m sure Princess hopes I will just give up and go away, but not going to do that!!!  Will definitely be changing credit cards when this all gets settled out!

20 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

I am one of those that had the money clawed back from a credit card dispute for an April 4 cruise.   I have yet to receive my $1400 in EZAir credit.  I only filed a credit card dispute because I got no response from Princess after several phone calls and emails.  It has been over 8 months that they have used my money ( total of over $13K) ,  and almost 5 months since cancelling and I am still waiting for my money! 

As long as you keep in contact with them you should be fine. At least they dont deny the fact that they owe you money. I said it somewhere in the previous thread how these companies are not refunding people as quick as they can cause they want to use your money to cover all the holes they have in their system, pay the wages, fees, taxes and etc. As soon as they done doing it they will start refunding as usual 

2 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

They clawed back a $200 deposit I had on a cruise too. I'm still trying to get that refund and customer relations says they can't help me because they already did a charge back. Princess is really incompetent about all these refunds and credits.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mackley1956 said:

I am beyond frustrated at this point. We were on one of the cruises that was interrupted mid-cruise back in March when Princess suspended operations, so it has been 141 days since we arrived back home. For the first several months we were patient and wanted to let the process play out, but when we received the mass email from Princess stating that we hadn't informed them of our choice of FCCs vs. cash refund (we had) and that we were being given the higher value FCCs (which we didn't want), we knew we had to get involved and stay on top of it. I've been calling once or twice a week since then (late June) to check on the status, and have been told several times it has been "escalated" and that they are "working on it".

Today I had the phone agent transfer me to customer relations (which I've done a couple times before when I've had the time), and that did not go well. Got the usual run-around -- we're working on it, it takes time because it has to be done manually, the calculations are complicated because the cruise was under way, etc. Those explanations just don't fly with me anymore -- Princess has already paid us to settle the shore excursions, port fees, etc., which would be the most complicated part of this. We already have the FCCs, so they know how much cash we are owed -- should be equal to the FCCs -- so there are no calculations left to be done. Seems like all they have left to do is process a transaction to pay us that amount of money. I asked to talk to the customer relations supervisor and was told at first she couldn't do that, but then she tried to connect me and couldn't get through. I refuse to accept that there is not some hierarchy of people to talk to about customer service complaints -- it can't just stop at the person answering the phone. Does anyone on this forum know of other avenues for getting any response to this -- other phone numbers, email addresses, other agencies, that one can contact?

Are we the only ones who are getting this type of run-around? There seems to be a total lack of transparency from Princess on this -- we get the same answers each time we call to get us off the phone as quickly as possible. No one can tell us where they are in the process; from reading this forum it looks like there is no rhyme or reason to how they are addressing refunds -- certainly it is not being done in cancellation order. Sorry for venting, but hoping someone on here has some advice that can help us get things moving.

Try emailing 

csteinke@princesscruises.com

This is the head of customer relations - I emailed late last week as my client is still waiting on a refund and FCC from a March sailing and I was literally getting nowhere with calling or emailing the regular way. Yesterday, the executive office called me and assured me everything was now processed and would be final within 7-10 days. Hoping that this is true and it will be the end of it....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Try emailing 

This is the head of customer relations - I emailed late last week as my client is still waiting on a refund and FCC from a March sailing and I was literally getting nowhere with calling or emailing the regular way. Yesterday, the executive office called me and assured me everything was now processed and would be final within 7-10 days. Hoping that this is true and it will be the end of it....

Thank you so much! I will give that a try.

Well shiver me timbers. We recently had two cruises cancelled. Our Radiance which was switched to the Breeze. We opt to cancel and receive a refund and our Elation Oct 31,2020. The Radiance took place about 3 weeks ago and the Elation actually this week. I already received the refunds back to my charge card today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well shiver me timbers. We recently had two cruises cancelled. Our Radiance which was switched to the Breeze. We opt to cancel and receive a refund and our Elation Oct 31,2020. The Radiance took place about 3 weeks ago and the Elation actually this week. I already received the refunds back to my charge card today.

Mistake not the Elation it was the Sunrise that was cancelled for our October 31,2020 cruise that we received the refund for. That was also cancelled in the last three weeks. So we booked the Elation for Oct 31, 2020. It was cancelled this week. That I did receive the invoice with the cancellation from the TA but it was incorrect. Check this out. I had the Elation cancelled for a Jan 16 cruise 2020. I received a $300.00 FCC OBC from that. It was taken and put on our Mardi Gras cruise for the end of this year. Carnival made a big mistake and did NOT remove it from my future cruise credits. So when I booked the OCT 31, Elation cruise, the TA saw the $300.00 FCC OBC and applied it to the cruise. Same $300.00 OBC applied to to different cruises. Two different TAs and companies also. So Carnival cancels our two October cruises. Offering either a 100% refund or 100% FCC along with a bonus $300.00 OBC. I opted for the FCC even knowing before hand they will not give me the $300.00 FCC because I had it on the cancelled cruise, which should go back to $300 OBC FCC. So I get the cancelled invoice and the $300.00 that I had was not transferred back to FCC OBC. That is when I found out, I actually did not have it. So if I did not have it, the bonus offered $300 FCC OBC should apply. I was told Carnival will not give it. So the war began. After several calls to me from the TA AND Carnival saying I will not get it. I eventually called Carnivals diamond desk. The decision to give it to me was made in my favor. Here is the reason why. The original $300 FCC OBC would have had to been applied to the Mardi Gras before it was applied to the Elation. Lucky me, it was. So the $300 on the Elation was bogus. Now it has been two days and the TA is telling me he is waiting for the finance department to tell him what to do. It is clear to me. Thank you Carnival for the Diamond desk, with very knowledge people.

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

This is a Princess  thread,  did you mean to post in Carnival thread? 

Well yes, but I just wanted folks to know that Carnival stepped it up a lot. I also mentioned how long it took to get our Princess refunds. But, yes I did screw up.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:53 AM, ceilidh1 said:

Try emailing 

According to Carnival's web site Negin Kamali is director of PR for Princess. Do you know how csteinke relates to her (and is csteinke a him or a her)? We're coming up to 120 days and are convinced NA residents are getting preference.

What did your  TA come up with?    

You say its 120 days but  PCUK  seem to be processing in sail date order So is less than 60 days since your sail date.

Did you book through 59 times 2  someone posted recently that when they asked PCUK where there refund was, the balance had not been paid over  and the  TA had just held on to it - maybe there was a reason but  post was deleted so dont know .

If you are really desperate I would  email customer relations and say your TA is not very helpful  put your queries and copy it in to    tonyroberts@princesscruises.co.uk  They rang us within an hour  ( on a weekday)

But ours was 120 days AFTER SAIL DATE and they had sent the funds to our TA the day before so wasnt  a difficult answer for them.   I am not sure NA gets preference Most people in NA seem to  go the CC dispute route  so it might appear many are getting refunds quicker  but only via the CC Co and they dont always say on here.

I think in the UK most TAs  take payments then settle up with the cruise lines later so as the cr card payee is not the cruise line we cant  do a claim.

Edited by Aulanis

4 hours ago, Snapsh0t said:

According to Carnival's web site Negin Kamali is director of PR for Princess. Do you know how csteinke relates to her (and is csteinke a him or a her)? We're coming up to 120 days and are convinced NA residents are getting preference.

I don't know anything about their relationship, but I do know that CR and PR would be very much likely two separate departments.

Edited by Steelers36

6 hours ago, Snapsh0t said:

Sorry, no idea of ranking/reporting but Steinke is head of customer relations - since that was the department not responding to any of my questions that was the executive I went to. For me, it got me a phone call and some answers. Now I will give them a week and see if those promises materialise. 

If you want to go right to the top, then email Jan Swartz office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a list of executive contacts for Princess:  https://elliott.org/company-contacts/princess/  .

While looking up the executive contacts for Princess, I found this story about someone who tried to get their money back from an unsatisfactory Princess lodge excursion that you all might find interesting.  I'm surprised that Princess has the bandwidth these days to pursue such actions against an unhappy customer but nonetheless I found it interesting amidst the reports of credit card dispute clawbacks.  https://elliott.org/cruises/hate-shore-excursion-credit-card-dispute-refund/#more-93404

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1

Received our full refund today, only 93 days from when Princess cancelled the trip 😉.  Funny thing is I called Princess on day 90 and just 3 days later I have the refund.  Big coincidence.

Dennis

On 8/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Try emailing 

thank you! I email 'him/her' as its been almost 5 months on 1 (Grand), 2 months on another that was supposed to be refunded on 7/28. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, azbirdmom said:

Here's a list of executive contacts for Princess:  https://elliott.org/company-contacts/princess/  .

While looking up the executive contacts for Princess, I found this story about someone who tried to get their money back from an unsatisfactory Princess lodge excursion that you all might find interesting.  I'm surprised that Princess has the bandwidth these days to pursue such actions against an unhappy customer but nonetheless I found it interesting amidst the reports of credit card dispute clawbacks.  https://elliott.org/cruises/hate-shore-excursion-credit-card-dispute-refund/#more-93404

If you read the story carefully it becomes obvious the event occurred a year ago.

Edited by brisalta

We were in Phase one, opted for full refund, our cruise was end of April. We had got back everything EXCEPT the deposit. We had used a FCD for this which had now expired and is no longer on my Captains Circle account, nor refunded to my credit card !!! There is no rhyme or reason for fulling taking care of each passenger in order. Since they aren’t sailing why wouldn’t I get my deposit back that expires 8/8/2020???  I would like to rebook for 2022 but will the ships be sold off by then ?   Frustrated passenger

• Like 1

When I called at the 90 day mark the representative told me the status of my refund was “in process “ .  She said if it has that status it shouldn’t be too much longer.  It was refunded 3 days later.  Hope you receive yours soon!!!

• Like 1