Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

thank you! I email 'him/her' as its been almost 5 months on 1 (Grand), 2 months on another that was supposed to be refunded on 7/28. 

It worked for me - my client let me know today that her refund has posted to her credit card. This was for a March 14th sailing and, until I sent the email this week, I was getting nowhere with it!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

It did but the resolution was more recent.

If you read the article carefully you will see that the timeline of it finished in the latter part of 2019.  The elliott.org seem to be trolling for stories on how to handle credit card disputes. The article even states that elliott.org that the customer handled the situation incorrectly and did not actually suffer any problems. They caught 2 King salmon and complained. Seems to be they are like the customers you hear of that buy clothes at Walmart wear them until they are dirty and then demand to return them because they are dirty.

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, mackley1956 said:

Does anyone on this forum know of other avenues for getting any response to this -- other phone numbers, email addresses, other agencies, that one can contact?

I, too, was on an interrupted voyage for which no clear status info was available. Here are the emails of the executive team that I wrote to and didn't bounce back. These emails did produce a phone call from a rep who had some real info for once.

Jan Swartz, CEO, jswartz@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke, Director of Customer Relations, csteinke@princesscruises.com
Negin Kamali, Director of Public Relations, NKamali@princesscruises.com

I also got a direct number for Customer Relations from another Cruise Critic member: 661-753-0000 x 44411. The rep who answered the day I called was "Patty," but she's not the only one who answers that number.

Good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vino100 said:

OMG...... 148 days and I finally have part of my cruise money back. Still missing around $3000., but hopefully soon. 

There is hope, once we started seeing some refunds in small sections, it let me know they were finally working on our 2 bookings.  Finally finished up as of today with the last credit card refund, only took 141 days total.  But 🥳, I am grateful !

(We had over $11K total tied up, so I guess it takes awhile, lol)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

There is hope, once we started seeing some refunds in small sections, it let me know they were finally working on our 2 bookings.  Finally finished up as of today with the last credit card refund, only took 141 days total.  But 🥳, I am grateful !

keeping my fingers crossed this will happen. 😀

15 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Glad to see this finally happened for you! ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

June 2, 2020 cruise San Francisco to Alaska round trip. Three cabins, seven people. Paid in full.

Cancelled by Princess in the second round of cancellations. Offered full refund or 125% FCC. I chose the FCC as we still want to do this cruise (booked for June 2021)

First refund to credit card received June 30. FCC received on accounts July 9. Last refund to credit card received August 9.

Looking at the FCC and credit card refunds none of it made sense. The numbers didn't seem to match anything. Yesterday I listed everything paid and credits received by cabin. Perfect match!

Thankful to be done with it. Glad I was patient as it all worked out.

Now if only the river cruise I am booked for on September 20, 2020 would figure out that the CDC won't let them sail. I can wait.

14 minutes ago, spongecakenibbler said:

Had been booked for September 1 British Isles cruise on the Regal. 

Cancellation was announced May 10. Received a full refund on my credit card on August 9, nearly three months later. 

I had not contacted them for any follow up, just waited to see what would happen. 

Our cruise to Norway for 9th June was cancelled 8th April - we are still waiting for a full refund. It appears that UK residents are having to wait longer !!!!

PVP responded that my appeal was decided in my favor on 07/28. I'll believe it when I see it (cruises canceled by Princess prior to Pause 1: 03/11/20 were apparently coded for 100% refund + 50%FCC. They canceled my 03/22/20 cruise 03/08/20.  I was still told I had to pick Option 1 or 2)

Edited by Ombud
5 months on FCC, 3 months on gift card refund 😑
  • Like 1

We finally today got our deposit back for a cruise they cancelled pause 2 in May.   I really think if they had been quicker I may have been willing to wait with a FCC.   

Although we we are still waiting for our FCD, that cheque’s is in the mail.......

Pause 4 cancelled cruise 7/22 for 11/25 cruise date

FCC or Refund date by 8/31 - we chose double deposit FCC and already notified Princess thru PVP not waiting until the default date

New cruise "booked" for 4/2021 waiting for FCC to be issued to pay deposit due - which is currently extended thru 9/2 from our PVP

no worries, right 🍷 , as the deposits paid is refundable FCC and the match is non-refundable FCC

• Like 1

We'd rebooked our cancelled April, 2020, cruise for December.  When that was cancelled we submitted our option on July 23.  We were satisfied with how the April cancellation was handled so we were prepared to give this round another month or so before calling.  Out of the blue today we got a courtesy call from a PCL.  The December cruise involved 7 of us spread across 3 mini-suites.  The PCL took the time to go through each reservation while we confirmed that her amounts matched ours.  It was a good call and totally unexpected.  She promised to check our bookings weekly and contact us when processing neared completion.  Given our previous one-on-one experience with Princess during this event we have no reason to doubt her word.

Finally got all our money and FCCs for our 2 Princess cancelled cruises. We chose Option 1, here is the timing of our reimbursements:

Coral Princess Sailing (5/20/2020)

Excursions - 106 days, FCCs - 91 days, Port taxes and fees - 102 days

Emerald Princess Sailing (8/16/2020)

Excursions - 94 days, FCCs - 90 days, Port taxes and fees - 83

Remaining problem, backdating of our FCCs for rebooked cruises.  First cruise had FCCs incorrectly applied and second cruise still waiting for Princess to apply FCCs.

• Like 4

On 8/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, CJinSF said:

I, too, was on an interrupted voyage for which no clear status info was available. Here are the emails of the executive team that I wrote to and didn't bounce back. These emails did produce a phone call from a rep who had some real info for once.

Jan Swartz, CEO, jswartz@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke, Director of Customer Relations, csteinke@princesscruises.com
Negin Kamali, Director of Public Relations, NKamali@princesscruises.com

I also got a direct number for Customer Relations from another Cruise Critic member: 661-753-0000 x 44411. The rep who answered the day I called was "Patty," but she's not the only one who answers that number.

Good luck!

Have any luck? 

Finally got my refund yesterday after waiting 140 days from when I first requested it. It came in two parts, the balance a week ago and then the deposit. 
I’d used the “ice house” TA and the whole refund was a battle that I’d rather not have had. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

Pause 4 cancelled cruise 7/22 for 11/25 cruise date

FCC or Refund date by 8/31 - we chose double deposit FCC and already notified Princess thru PVP not waiting until the default date

I do not think that hastens the processing. I did the same with a Pause 3 cruise but they did not process the booking until they were also doing others on that sailing which was over a month after the selection deadline.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

I do not think that hastens the processing. I did the same with a Pause 3 cruise but they did not process the booking until they were also doing others on that sailing which was over a month after the selection deadline.

I agree with you; friends who were on our same sailing but not linked in any way had their refunds/FCCs processed the same days we did.  While the Mythological Sailing Date Order did not happen, it seems each sailing was processed at the same time....whenever that may be.

Yesterday we had all of our money refunded back to our credit card. It took 90 days from when Princess cancelled our November trip to Tahiti. The deposit refund came first followed by the air payment. I did call princess and my travel agent also called, but I don't think it had any affect on when the refund was processed.

Still have not received refund for our August sailing; have paid in full for two bookings (about $4,600). Cancellation request forms were turned in May 10, 2020. We went through Costco; such a pain to have to go through them for any questions regarding our cruise.  Probably better to book direct?  Were told we may have to wait another 30 days.

35 minutes ago, narudr said:

Still have not received refund for our August sailing; have paid in full for two bookings (about $4,600). Cancellation request forms were turned in May 10, 2020. We went through Costco; such a pain to have to go through them for any questions regarding our cruise.  Probably better to book direct?  Were told we may have to wait another 30 days.

Even though I had used a TA for my cancelled cruise, Princess was willing to speak with me about the status of refund processing.