Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An interesting article from India regarding potential NCLH crew movements:

The Times of India (Nov 22, 2020)

.... including these paragraphs:

"Norwegian Escape is carrying crew members for Regent Seven Seas and Oceania Cruises and the crew members will be dropped off in Europe to their respective cruise vessels.

Fondekar expects another cruise liner, Norwegian Joy, which is presently at Manila, to come to Goa and Mumbai to pick up crew members in the coming weeks"

Norwegian Escape is en route from Mumbai to the Suez Canal. Norwegian Joy has left Manila and is en route to Singapore

here is the sad update:

“Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings today announced an extension of its previously announced suspension of global cruise voyages, now extending through February for its Norwegian brand, as the company continues to work through its return to service plan to meet the requirements of the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The company operates the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.

The suspension now includes all voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line embarking between January 1 through February 28 and select voyages in March 2021 and all voyages on Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises embarking between January 1 through March 31, 2021.”

They are planning (for all reasonable eventualities) but have to modify their plans so often that they see no point in releasing info until there is some degree of certainty it will actually happen. This is not direct from a corporate source but via a middleman.

8 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

They are planning (for all reasonable eventualities) but have to modify their plans so often that they see no point in releasing info until there is some degree of certainty it will actually happen. This is not direct from a corporate source but via a middleman.

That may be true; however, from a lay person outside the industry it seems that NCLH is going to run out of funds about April or May and will need to restructure.  Carnival, RCG, and Genting have all returned to sea in Asia and/or Europe and no movement from NCLH.

Edited by mrlevin

I've heard they are liquid through the end of 2021....those tiny amount of sailings you mention have no impact on the bottom line. My connections aren't worried about the company itself...although they are not happy about their own situations.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I've heard they are liquid through the end of 2021....those tiny amount of sailings you mention have no impact on the bottom line. My connections aren't worried about the company itself...although they are not happy about their own situations.

Well, that is truly suspect since they said many months ago that they were set financially for a year yet since that information they have gone out and indebted themselves twice more for additional cash.

And would hardly call 25% of annual cruises a tiny amount.  Now with this update up to a full year without income..

Neither RCG nor Carnival have resumed sailing 25% of their cruises....what are you talking about?

Set for a year...and that was a 10-K filing right...I doubt they are lying to the government in that. Add in more financing and further updates and I have absolutely no doubt they are good until the end of the year. It is not a great situation for anyone in the industry but a year without income is, in of itself, not the entire picture. Burn rate vs. reserves = how long they have. When Wall St. tanks the stock again, I will worry....but not until then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Burn rate vs. reserves = how long they have. When Wall St. tanks the stock again, I will worry....but not until then.

That is assuming they have positive cash flow once they start up.  Also, I believe the European agreement to wave payments on ships is only for a year ending next spring.  Without generating at least some income and/or lowering burn rate I don't think they can make it through 2021; maybe it is time to scrap the R ships as the ones on the resale market haven't been moving.  

14 minutes ago, rallydave said:

those tiny amount of sailings you mention have no impact on the bottom line.

You said the above.

And, I said 

15 minutes ago, rallydave said:

And would hardly call 25% of annual cruises a tiny amount.

Canceling thru March is 3 months or 25% of a year  Not talking about resuming sailings,  talking about another 25% of the annual sailings being cancelled today.