Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

You posted about 3 other cruise lines who had resumed sailing....and I replied "those tiny amount of sailings you mention have no impact on the bottom line."

I stand by those words...the tiny amount of cruises being run by those 3 companies has no measurable impact.

I also stand by my words that when Wall St. tanks NCLH stock, then I will worry about it. They know FAR more than anyone here.

1 minute ago, mrlevin said:

You don't think we will have "test" sailings in January with revenue seven day Caribbean sailings by February?

That was their plan and the crew movements supported it...but I thought my original guess in the "pool" was April. I am trying to find out what they are doing with the ship full of Filipino crew...

8 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You posted about 3 other cruise lines who had resumed sailing....and I replied "those tiny amount of sailings you mention have no impact on the bottom line."

I stand by those words...the tiny amount of cruises being run by those 3 companies has no measurable impact.

I also stand by my words that when Wall St. tanks NCLH stock, then I will worry about it. They know FAR more than anyone here.

I said absolutely nothing about cruise lines returning to sailing, that was Marc.   It is IMPOSSIBLE at times to know what the heck you are talking about when you don't post the message you are responding to.   Since your message about tiny sailings following my post and you quoted absolutely nothing, it appeared you were responding to my post.

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Then just ready my posts where I share information about what's going on and ignore the rest....that way you won't be confused. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Am absolutely positive others have the same confusion regarding your posts about other posts without quoting what you are talking about.   And as far as reading all your other misleading opinions, impossible there as well to know what are simply your opinions vs supposed facts from reliable sources.

How difficult is it to quote what you are responding to or is your goal to confuse intelligent people?

• Like 2

I think my posts are pretty accurate. I try to differentiate between opinion and fact but the plain truth is that I cannot quote sources all the time. You will have to judge what I post based on my track record. Based on the feedback I am getting, it doesn't seem like I am confusing intelligent people at all.

Feel free to put me on ignore if it will make your day easier.

1 minute ago, rallydave said:

Am absolutely positive others have the same confusion regarding your posts about other posts without quoting what you are talking about.   And as far as reading all your other misleading opinions, impossible there as well to know what are simply your opinions vs supposed facts from reliable sources.

How difficult is it to quote what you are responding to or is your goal to confuse intelligent people?

Sorry..... I completely understand his posts. Why are you always arguing with Pcardad?  His posts are very helpful and knowledgeable, and come from someone who deals regularly with Regent.
When was your last cruise on Regent?

Do you have any cruises presently booked on Regent!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Sorry..... I completely understand his posts. Why are you always arguing with Pcardad?  His posts are very helpful and knowledgeable, and come from someone who deals regularly with Regent.
When was your last cruise on Regent?

Do you have any cruises presently booked on Regent!

That was very kind of you. Thank you!

Well, our two cruises for February and March have now been cancelled. That’s a total of five cruises since the plague began. Waiting for vaccines before planning another. 
We have the next one booked for December 2021... pretty sure we will have vaccines before then. 🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Rallydave will never answer my questions because he hasn’t sailed on Regent in many years and has no future cruise booked on Regent. 

I never answer your questions for reasons other than your incorrect information that comes from an incorrect third party,   I do answer questions from many other posters with factual information.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rallydave said:

I never answer your questions for reasons other than your incorrect information that comes from an incorrect third party,   I do answer questions from many other posters with factual information.

Those of us who sail on Regent and participate on CC, always mention the cruises we have booked, sailed on or our future bookings. 
You never do so I would love to know the answer to my questions. These are facts. 

50 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Those of us who sail on Regent and participate on CC, always mention the cruises we have booked, sailed on or our future bookings. 
You never do so I would love to know the answer to my questions. These are facts. 

Sorry but not quite sure you a correct about this being “fact”.

I very rarely would mention any of the cruises we are booked on or for previous sailed cruises on Regent or even before then.  
Jean.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Many people do not post their future cruises so your first sentence is false.  A simple look at most of the posts on the main board shows very few people posting future cruises.  Even roll calls which require a CC login are public as getting a login only requires an email address so posting there is also dangerous.  One significant reason to not post future cruises is that by posting when you will be out of town on a public message board anyone can find your real name and address and has plenty of time to ransack your home.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Many people do not post their future cruises so your first sentence is false.  A simple look at most of the posts on the main board shows very few people posting future cruises.  Even roll calls which require a CC login are public as getting a login only requires an email address so posting there is also dangerous.  One significant reason to not post future cruises is that by posting when you will be out of town on a public message board anyone can find your real name and address and has plenty of time to ransack your home.  

You can evade my statement, (which was not asked of you), because we all are aware of the fact you do not sail on Regent. You do not need to admit it. 
Cruises taken in the past or canceled would not cause anyone to ransack our homes. How foolish. 

End of conversation..

1 hour ago, liptastic said:

Sorry but not quite sure you a correct about this being “fact”.

I very rarely would mention any of the cruises we are booked on or for previous sailed cruises on Regent or even before then.  
Jean.

I have to agree with this statement for a variety of reasons. This board has been contentious at times regarding specifics about Regent cruises and it became better to not mention details that could lead to arguments.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rallydave said:

One significant reason to not post future cruises is that by posting when you will be out of town on a public message board anyone can find your real name and address and has plenty of time to ransack your home.  

While I absolutely agree that I would not post future vacation plans in a public forum that could give people access to my real name and address, I do not understand how that would be the case on Cruise Critic.  Would you care to explain how one could get that information?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

While I absolutely agree that I would not post future vacation plans in a public forum that could give people access to my real name and address, I do not understand how that would be the case on Cruise Critic.  Would you care to explain how one could get that information?

I really don't know how but, scammers have ways of converting forum names with enough information in various posts and using that to get real names and addresses.  Some people actually post real names or use forum names that they use elsewhere.

Unfortunately spammers and scammers are really good at this stuff.  Remember there is a dark web where lots of information you would never think could get out does get out.

Also don't believe it is anyone's business to know what one might have cruised or especially what their booked cruises are.  Realize it has been posted here that a person's cruising history and future cruising plans are good indications of the posters knowledge.  To an extent it is an indication but, one does not have to cruise on any particular line in order to be familiar with information on that cruise line.  Many questions are repetitious.  A person who follows the message board can absorb this information and provide it when newbies ask that question.  Also not much changes of substance year to year so someone who has cruised the line in the past can use that information as well as newly posted changes and provide that information as well.

Like I said, I just know scammers and spammers have ways of getting actual names and addresses with the smallest of information so why take any chances.  This idea is only one reason not to post cruise history or future booked cruises.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mjflowers said:

Topic? What was the topic? Oh yea. Where are the ships now? 
‘Has been relatively civil on this board. Let’s not go back to old times.

Back on topic !

Mariner:  Curaco

Explorer:  Ravenna, Italy

Splendor:  Brindisi, Italy

Voyager:  Olbia (Sardinia) Italy

Navigator:  Naples, Italy

On 12/1/2020 at 9:59 PM, flossie009 said:

An interesting article from India regarding potential NCLH crew movements:

The Times of India (Nov 22, 2020)

.... including these paragraphs:

"Norwegian Escape is carrying crew members for Regent Seven Seas and Oceania Cruises and the crew members will be dropped off in Europe to their respective cruise vessels.

Fondekar expects another cruise liner, Norwegian Joy, which is presently at Manila, to come to Goa and Mumbai to pick up crew members in the coming weeks"

Norwegian Escape is en route from Mumbai to the Suez Canal. Norwegian Joy has left Manila and is en route to Singapore

Regarding the two ships previously reported to be carrying NCLH crew to other ships:

• Norwegian Escape is due to arrive in Civitavecchia, Italy tomorrow. Splendor is also heading for Civiavecchia (ETA Wed 9 December)
  • Norwegian Joy is now reported to be heading for Durban, South Africa 🤔 (ETA 19 December)
Edited by flossie009

Susan, not unexpected; if you overlook 2 April Navigator to Amazon and 6 April Tokyo - Tokyo - Vancouver on Explorer Splendor in Med is the next scheduled sailing.  I am hoping those Med sailings actually happen and 31 May New York Reykjavik being the first USA departure.

Marc

• 1 month later...