Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

Mariner has now arrived in LA Harbor and is moored.

Splendor & Navigator are at anchor.

So Regent's fleet is now positioned with 3 ships near LA, 1 near Miami and 1 in Abu Dhabi ............... and all of us wondering when each of the ships will sail with passengers again ........... and from where to where 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Mariner has now arrived in LA Harbor and is moored.

Splendor & Navigator are at anchor.

So Regent's fleet is now positioned with 3 ships near LA, 1 near Miami and 1 in Abu Dhabi ............... and all of us wondering when each of the ships will sail with passengers again ........... and from where to where 🤔

So now I'm starting to wonder if our May 28th Barcelona to Rome cruise might be affected...     /sarc off

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

So now I'm starting to wonder if our May 28th Barcelona to Rome cruise might be affected...     /sarc off

It is looking that way.  Rumors say that Europe may be closed to cruise ships all summer.  Actually, I would be a bit hesitant to be walking around Rome or Barcelona right now but that may change (hopefully) soon,

14 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

It is looking that way.  Rumors say that Europe may be closed to cruise ships all summer.  Actually, I would be a bit hesitant to be walking around Rome or Barcelona right now but that may change (hopefully) soon,

Hey, Barcelona has never been safer from pickpockets because, well, social distancing...     🤣

• Haha 1

In addition to the Regent ships, Navigator, Splendor, and Mariner the Oceania Regatta and the Norwegian ships the Joy and Jewel are in the LA harbor area.  Suspect the post about reducing crew and sending them home from LAX is true and all the mentioned ships are sending crew home from LAX.  NCL has probably charted planes to fly crew home.  Makes sense to bring all the crew to one place and do it as a group.  Advantage of being part of NCL.  

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 12:25 PM, UUNetBill said:

it will not be happening.  I was advised by my TA that our June 4th Rome to Barcelona cruise (the one right after yours) WILL be cancelled.  Regent just hasn't made the announcement yet--they are doing a couple of weeks worth of cancellations at a time. 

43 minutes ago, RachelG said:

it will not be happening.  I was advised by my TA that our June 4th Rome to Barcelona cruise (the one right after yours) WILL be cancelled.  Regent just hasn't made the announcement yet--they are doing a couple of weeks worth of cancellations at a time. 

Rachel - you must have missed my "/sarc off" comment, which is slang for 'sarcasm off', meaning I'm 100% sure we won't be on a Med cruise in May.   🙂

2 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Rachel - you must have missed my "/sarc off" comment, which is slang for 'sarcasm off', meaning I'm 100% sure we won't be on a Med cruise in May.   🙂

LOL, totally missed it.

1 hour ago, captjohn said:

I just did a DUMB thing ! I went to the Regent site and booked our dinning reservations for our Alaska cruise on July 15 knowing full well that we will NOT be going ! Think I need help !!

Wishful thinking

Carnival is using seven ships to get crew members home; Princess using at least two.  Star Princess arrived in Manilla but government won't let them dock and disembark crew to serve 14 day quarantine.  Haven't seen anything about NCLH using their ships to repatriate crew.  I am sure Voyager crew was able to fly out of Abu Dhabi as they arrive there long before countries were closing borders.  

Marc

12 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I am sure Voyager crew was able to fly out of Abu Dhabi as they arrive there long before countries were closing borders

Voyager arrived in Abu Dhabi on March 12.
UAE closed all its airports to passenger traffic on March 24. 
However, Regent did not officially cancel the scheduled  April 16 Voyager sailing out of Abu Dhabi until March 31.

For those Regent ships anchored off LA, those non-essential crew on Splendor & Navigator who could not be repatriated have been transferred to Mariner (according to a post on FB)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

For those Regent ships anchored off LA, those non-essential crew on Splendor & Navigator who could not be repatriated have been transferred to Mariner (according to a post on FB)

Susan, I saw that same post and that made me wonder if Mariner is going to head to Philippines (and Indonesia and India if needed).

• Thanks 1

Just saw this report on crew-center dot com:

Holland America Line Group is in process of creating a plan to sail repatriation voyages to return thousands of crew members home to Europe, Asia, South America and the Caribbean. In order to put this plan in action, there are multiple challenges to consider including the individual destination of each crew member, U.S. regulations and home countries restrictions and requirements, the ILI status of each ship, the health and well-being of all the crew, as well as the health precautions associated with the transfer from ship-to-ship. The company is finalizing the first phase of the plan for the ships that are not under quarantine.

Holland America Line Group plans to use 8 cruise ships in order to bring back the crew across the world. This includes four Princess cruise ships (Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess, Crown Princess and Island Princess), three HAL ships (Veendam, Volendam and Nieuw Amsterdam) and Seabourn Quest.

These cruise ships will set sail to the following destinations:
  • - Regal Princess will be sailing to Southampton and Rotterdam to repatriate team members from Europe for all Holland America Line Group ships.
  • - Crown and Island Princess will be departing for Asia to repatriate Filipino, Indonesian, Indian, and South African crew members from Princess ships.
  • - Veendam, Volendam and Nieuw Amsterdam will sail to Asia to repatriate all Holland America Line team members to Philipines, Indonesia, India and South Africa.
  • - Caribbean Princess will sail to the Caribbean and South American ports to repatriate crew members from all Holland America Group ships.
  • - Seabourn Quest will sail to Europe to repatriate teammates on Quest and Odyssey who are from Europe.

• Thanks 1

Here are some further interesting articles about crew repatriation:

Maritime Executive, April 08

ABC, April 16

Washington Post, April 14

Financial Times, April 06

Telegraph, April 07

With things moving so fast some of the information will be out of date, but the articles give a flavour of the enormous challenges faced by the cruise-lines.

An extremely worrying & stressful time for the crew members.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:12 PM, JMARINER said:

Mariner is coming to LA after it resupplies in Honolulu. I assume that afterward it will be heading to do the Alaska season, if it ever gets started. ;(

J

At this point it does not look like there will be an Alaska season.  Too bad.  But as they used to say in Brooklyn " wait till next year. "   Need to be from Brooklyn to understand.  Everyone stay safe. 

• Like 2