Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

Navigator now leaving Miami heading across the pond to Barcelona; scheduled arrival May 19

B6DFB5F1-EE06-4644-85EE-A6DA1385AD92.thumb.jpeg.ac5d0ec1f07aadeae2214fb6ba256349.jpeg

Looks like there are quite a few crew on board for the crossing

BC810EBB-2344-4C3C-9255-DD5965FB7B48.jpeg.f2f21494ba5efa387109a82a2967fd79.jpeg

984655C7-6FF7-4E2D-8A4C-E7837282BED1.thumb.jpeg.faaa51ca6ae696035937bdde01f530de.jpeg

Bon Voyage. 
Let’s hope they all have a safe, happy & healthy crossing ................... and are soon reunited with their families.

• Like 8

Hopefully Navigator is straight into dry dock after they have dropped off the crew.

Any idea why Mariner and Regatta are heading to Oakland?  Between Navigator taking their European crew and hopefully charters from Ensenada with their Asian crew, they should be down to about the same 125 crew that are on the Splendor.

Marc

One ship is the Mariner - do you know what the other two are?

My secret wish: that the Mariner go into dry dock soon - over the summer - as opposed to at the end of the 21WC and then the ship could return to the US in May, at the end of that trip - as opposed to our flying home from Barcelona.🤞🤞

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

One ship is the Mariner - do you know what the other two are?

Regent Mariner and Oceania Regatta docked in Oakland yesterday, May 9.

Norwegian Jewel is scheduled to dock in Oakland on May 12

I spoke to a crew member who was on the Navigator.  There is still 450-500 Regent crew  who transferred from the Navigator and Mariner and are on the Norwegian Joy.  They are still in Los Angeles.  Obviously getting antsy to go home.  They have no idea when that will be.  I asked if they will sail home.  They said no fly, but have no sense of when airports will open.  There are many nationalities aboard.  It must be very frustrating for them. 

17 minutes ago, crusin7 said:

I spoke to a crew member who was on the Navigator.  There is still 450-500 Regent crew  who transferred from the Navigator and Mariner and are on the Norwegian Joy.  They are still in Los Angeles.  Obviously getting antsy to go home.  They have no idea when that will be.  I asked if they will sail home.  They said no fly, but have no sense of when airports will open.  There are many nationalities aboard.  It must be very frustrating for them. 

Besides from wanting to go home, being stuck on an NCL ship is not what they are used to.  I feel badly for them.

13 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Thanks for sharing these insights about the hard working Regent crew.  Hopefully they will all be making their way back to their homes and families soon.

One has to wonder, after this ordeal and the uncertainties ahead, if some may choose not to return to a job aboard a cruise ship. 

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

At least they get free internet now.

You're right.  But, they don't get to stay in the luxurious passenger suites that Regent has and let them stay in.  I didn't realize until I read the post that said that the crew from the Navigator are now on NCL.  I'm guessing that the crew had free internet on Regent as well.  Plus, they were getting Regent quality food.  After being on NCL, they will likely appreciate their jobs on Regent even more!  If I try to be positive, perhaps the crew can take advantage of the games offered on NCL ships but even that becomes old after a while (says a Regent loyalist that has sailed on the NCL Bliss).

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

GM can't leave until the crew does...=)

Interesting!  Does anyone know who the GM was on the Navigator prior to the crew being moved to NCL Joy?

Edited by Travelcat2

Navigator arrived in Gibraltar this morning and is now at anchor.

Voyager is steaming through the Gulf of Aden, accompanied by Norwegian Jade, en route to the Suez Canal.

A long & depressing article from the Miami Herald regarding cruise ship crew repatriation:

Miami Herald, May 17

No doubt the article contains factual information but I suspect the journalist has “an agenda” regarding the cruise industry.
Much of the article seems to be a rehash of information published elsewhere about 3 weeks ago.

Edited by flossie009