Will Allure be AMPED?

It is interesting to watch the evolution. When Voyager came out that was the ship for families because there was so much more for kids to do. Then it was Freedom because there was more for kids. Then it was Oasis because there was so much more for kids. Now it has to be an amped Oasis class because there is so much more for kids.

Maybe RCI would be smart to leave Allure the way it is for adults and the kids can have the other three O class ships.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, on the recent TA, Vintages was empty all the time, same with Sabor. From what I had at Sabor, I can honestly say I preferred El Loco on Symphony and Oasis. I think I would have liked the expanded Giovanni's that was planned

John,

Did you happen to do a live review from Symphony?  

Although we’ve been in Vintages a couple of times on each occasion there was really nobody else in there in fact I’ve never seen many people in Vintages on any cruise.

We also prefer El Loco to Sabor.

If Vintages was making RCCL money pretty sure they wouldn’t be changing it.

3 hours ago, abbflex said:

That might be and Im sure they will,  but not for me personally.  I have no doubt its a good ship, but the newer ones and Oasis has more to offer for familes with kids right now. 

I'm no expert, but it's my understanding Oasis in particular lost a ton of Adventure Ocean space during rehab. A big chunk of deck 14 AO became cabins, and Playmakers was carved out of the teen area. 

Playmakers may have taken some of the arcade as well.

24 minutes ago, astangenes said:

I can see according to Port of Southampton website Allure is now scheduled to depart Mars 28th late night for Cadiz. Lets lee when we come closer if its now they will go there. 

I am assuming they have dissembarked the crew while in Southampton. There is an absolute restriction on international arrivals and the ports are closed in Spain at that time. (currently closed until the 22nd of April) 

As Navantia shipyard is owned by the Spanish government, there could be some exception offered to get the ship in place for the mechanical work. 

Gibraltar just allowed the first ship with a Coronavirus outbreak in January in Hong Kong, the World Dream, to come in for fuel only. They stated the Hong Kong based ship was heading towards the USA in media, but now the ship can be seen moving toward Rotterdam. Rotterdam should be closed as well except for freight, so this might as well be some sort of government exception. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe RCI would be smart to leave Allure the way it is for adults and the kids can have the other three O class ships.

Perfect suggestion. They can use it to compete with Virgin Cruises then to some extent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is interesting to watch the evolution. When Voyager came out that was the ship for families because there was so much more for kids to do. Then it was Freedom because there was more for kids. Then it was Oasis because there was so much more for kids. Now it has to be an amped Oasis class because there is so much more for kids.

What is the demographic of Galveston?

Pretty sure it's families. Definitely that way in PC.  Might have to reshuffle 

3 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Most definitely. They can then send one of the water park and slide ships over to Galveston.  

I'd vote for Harmony, but she's bringing me home from Barcelona. So Symphony works for me. 😉

On 3/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, astangenes said:

I can see according to Port of Southampton website Allure is now scheduled to depart Mars 28th late night for Cadiz. Lets lee when we come closer if its now they will go there. 

I giess this has been delayed as well, doesn't look like the shipyard in Cadiz will be able to start regular operations before May, per current status.

43 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I giess this has been delayed as well, doesn't look like the shipyard in Cadiz will be able to start regular operations before May, per current status.

Allure is currently scheduled for departure at 08:45 tomorrow morning the 30th of March with destination still showing Cadiz. It will be interesting to see if this actually happens under the current conditions. 

10 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Allure should move tomorrow and will go to Anchorage at Southampton and not to Cadiz at this time. 

Looks like an extended trip - I assume to make water and get out of the way. Not sure why she's doing 16 kn tho.