Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Pfizer is no good now, go for AZ like us oldies have to cop.

Haha 😂 unfortunately I now have no choice…NSW health are only offering Pfizer to clinical staff. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

Haha 😂 unfortunately I now have no choice…NSW health are only offering Pfizer to clinical staff. 

Pretend you are over 60, lol. god bless you my child, doing Gods work.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I was reading on another thread someone talked about a Brazilian cruise where every passenger on board had to have a yellow fever vaccination for one stop otherwise the ship would be forced to skip the port. No exceptions could be made so if you couldn't get the vaccine you couldn't board the ship. At the end of the day cruising isn't a right so there is no obligation to provide cruising to all the public. Sometimes that is just the way the cookie crumbles😕

When we went to South America for the first time in 2002, we were over there 3 months, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, we had to have our yellow fever jabs. We spent a lot of time in Peru re my sons wedding, he was living in Lima.  Our yellow fever vacc certs were checked in every country and on return. No dramas.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:23 PM, pully8 said:

What a time to be alive!!

Meanwhile we can dream of better days and refuse to stress about things we cannot control. 

Wonder what next week will bring in terms of vaccines and government announcements?

Just watch sunrise on ch7, supposed experts and covid fearmongers.

Now we have masks back in Greater Sydney, apparently.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

Yes it is quite remarkable the opinions and commentary about the subject.

Not surprising when we consider how experts/scientists/academics and others are used to argue/opine elsewhere including in legal/medical settings.

Often there are differing views to support or dismiss an agenda. 

Who to believe, who is credible can be tricky.

Expect they all mean well. 

In time things will be clearer.

Meanwhile we are stuck with what it is a waiting game. 

• Like 1

I see a travel company is offering $200 credit for fully vaccinated people. Available to the first 1 million and to be used overseas. Bookings to be made by 30 Jun 2022. Not for me, but good to see a reward for being vaccinated. Hopefully other companies will jump onboard. 😉

• 1 month later...
Got the confirmation email from Celebrity for the cancellation  of our March cruise today, previously they had only cancelled  the two cruises that came  to Australia and returned. That means the entire season  here has now  been cancelled.

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:
Got the confirmation email from Celebrity for the cancellation  of our March cruise today, previously they had only cancelled  the two cruises that came  to Australia and returned. That means the entire season  here has now  been cancelled.

I got my letter yesterday.  We want to lift across to the following year as we got such a good deal ($1000 cruise credit) that we want to hang on to it.  However, the same itinerary is not available from SYD up to the islands.  I asked about the AKL to the islands cruise instead but as usual that is almost all booked out.   I don't know why they don't do more of that itinerary, they are invariably booked out as soon as they open and consequently the rooms that are left tend to be expensive.

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I got my letter yesterday.  We want to lift across to the following year as we got such a good deal ($1000 cruise credit) that we want to hang on to it.  However, the same itinerary is not available from SYD up to the islands.  I asked about the AKL to the islands cruise instead but as usual that is almost all booked out.   I don't know why they don't do more of that itinerary, they are invariably booked out as soon as they open and consequently the rooms that are left tend to be expensive.

We couldn't  lift and shift either, as our Auckland sailing to Fiji, Samoa and Tonga leaves in Jan 2023 (outside of the 4 weeks of 12 months later) and is a slightly different  length cruise. It is going to be hard to use FCCs before 30 September  2022 with no ships here and likely not being able to leave Australia  to get to one.

• Like 1

We now have a plan for opening up, cruising will likely commence  at stage 4, stage 2 is obtained at 70% stage 3 at 80%, we are currently  at 20% fully vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated people will have less restrictions than those who are not by stage 2. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/covid-live-blog-latest-news-australia-nsw-qld-vaccine-lockdown/100335538

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We now have a plan for opening up, cruising will likely commence  at stage 4, stage 2 is obtained at 70% stage 3 at 80%, we are currently  at 20% fully vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated people will have less restrictions than those who are not by stage 2. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/covid-live-blog-latest-news-australia-nsw-qld-vaccine-lockdown/100335538

It is going to take a while to get to stage 4.☹️

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

We are currently vaccinating 2% a week and could go up to 4% in September.

We could be at 70%or 80% by the new year.

Especially if they bring in the weekly $1M lottery.

Apparently 200,000 vax's done today Australia  wide,  so yes, maybe stage 2 by xmas

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Of course not. Scomo doesn't set dates, people might hold him accountable if he did. His plans are always very vague.

I don't think anyone can set dates. We have seen the massive set-back in NSW in the last couple of weeks. Anything can happen.☹️ It would be dangerous to set a date that couldn't be met due to circumstances that are currently unforeseen.

• Like 3

Meanwhile no one can make future travel plans with any certainty.

It seems unfair to deny people who have been fully vaccinated the chance to resume some normality.

Also making them wait until 70-80% are fully vaccinated means it may be a very long time until that number is reached, if at all.

Fine if young with plenty of years to wait, grim if at the other side of life.

Disappointing that this is the best the govt can come up with so far into the pandemic. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Apparently 200,000 vax's done today Australia  wide,  so yes, maybe stage 2 by xmas

Just listening to some egghead from Melbourne University.

HE predicts our boarders should be partially open at the new year (70%)and international travel will open at Easter.(80%)

Maybe a ship or two after Christmas???

11 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't think anyone can set dates.

True, but they can make plans. Which we now have after a year and a half into the pandemic.

Why did it take 18 months to produce a plan? Why couldn't cruise companies for example have been told all this a year ago so that they could make their own plans?

12 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

True, but they can make plans. Which we now have after a year and a half into the pandemic.

Why did it take 18 months to produce a plan? Why couldn't cruise companies for example have been told all this a year ago so that they could make their own plans?

I feel that the events of the last six months (disrupted vaccine deliveries from overseas, vaccine hesitancy and now the Delta variant) show why it would have been unwise to set a date. Who knows what the next six months will bring. I hope we don't have any more problems along the lines of those we have seen.

As far as the cruise companies are concerned - we do not know what they might have been told.