Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The vaccination situation here is getting worse and won't start improving until we get more supplies of Pfizer, plus Moderna and Novovax later in the year.

We started off slowly as the vaccines went through normal approval processes not emergency approvals.

Then there was a supply holdup.

Then the governments screwed up distributing the vaccines.

Then the blood clot issue with AstraZenica meant a lot of people refused to get vaccinated. They've now changed the rules so under-60s can get Pfizer but supplies of that are limited.

Then a lot of people decided that there weren't many cases here so there was no rush to get vaccinated.

There are no incentives to encourage people to get vaccinated. That might change once there are more people fully vaccinated - those who had AstraZenica are only just starting to get their second shots.

Looks like a series of mishaps and misconceptions really put a big delay in getting Australia vaccinated.

And I also agree, with so few cases that many felt why bother..I don't need it.  I just hope that attitude (which millions of americans also have) does not come back to "bite you in the ass". 

Your country is so close to eliminating covid. The world needs one country to say "Ta Da"..FU Covid".  I thought Australia , or New Zealand, had the best chance. Got to start offering freebies to get those anti vaxers off their rump...

21 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Looks like a series of mishaps and misconceptions really put a big delay in getting Australia vaccinated.

And I also agree, with so few cases that many felt why bother..I don't need it.  I just hope that attitude (which millions of americans also have) does not come back to "bite you in the ass". 

Your country is so close to eliminating covid. The world needs one country to say "Ta Da"..FU Covid".  I thought Australia , or New Zealand, had the best chance. Got to start offering freebies to get those anti vaxers off their rump...

Unfortunately while we still have Australians returning from overseas we're still going to have Covid. The blasted virus keeps sneaking out of quarantine. And the new Delta strain spreads very easily. We're just dealing with an outbreak in Sydney caught by a driver transporting flight crews. Like the recent Melbourne outbreak, the Sydney one is providing some incentive for people to wake up and get vaccinated, thank goodness, but it's still not enough.

• Like 1

Easy, promise everyone that gets fully vaccinated that they are in a draw for a Million dollars and they will make the draw when you have 98% of residents over 12 years of age vaccinated. It's an easy sham because they will never have to pay out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Easy, promise everyone that gets fully vaccinated that they are in a draw for a Million dollars and they will make the draw when you have 98% of residents over 12 years of age vaccinated. It's an easy sham because they will never have to pay out.

🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

What a time to be alive!!

Meanwhile we can dream of better days and refuse to stress about things we cannot control. 

Wonder what next week will bring in terms of vaccines and government announcements?

Well I for ones glad they aren’t rushing to open the borders. As for the vaccine Europe selling us a truck load that they then refused to deliver had a big to do with it and as for incentives, well I struggle to understand why anyone needs incentive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pully8 said:

Wonder what next week will bring in terms of vaccines and government announcements?

In terms of vaccines.... we will have a new one... FERQM  (Fixes Everything Real Quick Mate ) 

and Announcements... the world is really flat and all the cruise ship have gone off the edge 

Dreaming..... I just woke up... and it was all a dream..... somehow I don't think so

but did have a nice dream......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I saw the RC version of this yesterday. They've sneakily got around the Florida ruling that says they aren't allowed to ask passengers if they are vaccinated. Those passengers who voluntarily show proof of vaccination are treated differently to those who refuse to show proof or who aren't vaccinated. Still, it will be a risk having unvaccinated passengers on the ship.

Im just happy to see Princess releasing something, even if it is just this that only relates to Florida. Means that head office are still active - they have been so quiet for so long 😳

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Or a 20 years of free 🥧.Lyle

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There are people that can’t have the vaccines and people who have strong believe not have , such as religious or just a plain old ratbags.

I think that would be discrimination  for their medical or religious state.

But it’s fair to discriminate the ratbags.No one cares about ratbags.

I was reading on another thread someone talked about a Brazilian cruise where every passenger on board had to have a yellow fever vaccination for one stop otherwise the ship would be forced to skip the port. No exceptions could be made so if you couldn't get the vaccine you couldn't board the ship. At the end of the day cruising isn't a right so there is no obligation to provide cruising to all the public. Sometimes that is just the way the cookie crumbles😕

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I was reading on another thread someone talked about a Brazilian cruise where every passenger on board had to have a yellow fever vaccination for one stop otherwise the ship would be forced to skip the port. No exceptions could be made so if you couldn't get the vaccine you couldn't board the ship. At the end of the day cruising isn't a right so there is no obligation to provide cruising to all the public. Sometimes that is just the way the cookie crumbles😕

Yes. Anyone going on a trip up the Amazon or to Devils Island must have a yellow fever shot. We even encountered this on returning to Aust after a land tour around South America. Several people in the group where pulled aside at the Immigration section of Brisbane airport. As none of them could show proof of the YF shot, they had to show proof that they had been nowhere near the Amazon before they were allowed through.

I don't see why people think people won't be required to show proof of COVID vax before they allowed to undertake some travel e.g. cruises or flights.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't see why people think people won't be required to show proof of COVID vax before they allowed to undertake some travel e.g. cruises or flights.

Because in a certain country people have "rights"  and their government lets them hlget away with antisocial behaviour because of that.🙄

• Like 2

By the end of this year there will be enough Mrna vaccines to cover the whole population of Australia and only needing 3 weeks between jabs.  So as long as they have lots of vaccine centres/pharmacies/gps giving them I think anyone who wants a vax can have one of their choice by the end of the year.  So at that point it becomes a personal choice if those who don't get one still refuse so I am ok with having vax required for activities like cruises.  Same like yellow fever.  I understand that some people can't get vaccinated for whatever reason but before they are allowed to board, we need assurances that if they get Covid it doesn't backfire on the entire ship such as having the whole ship quarantined or not allowed to dock at ports or whatever. 

Why doesn't the govt distribute the unwanted AZ to neighbor countries?  Fiji population is under 1 million, as is most Pacific islands.  They get free vaccines and can open up and restore their tourism dependent economies.  We get options for safe travel.  Win-win!

23 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

By the end of this year there will be enough Mrna vaccines to cover the whole population of Australia and only needing 3 weeks between jabs.  So as long as they have lots of vaccine centres/pharmacies/gps giving them I think anyone who wants a vax can have one of their choice by the end of the year.  So at that point it becomes a personal choice if those who don't get one still refuse so I am ok with having vax required for activities like cruises.  Same like yellow fever.  I understand that some people can't get vaccinated for whatever reason but before they are allowed to board, we need assurances that if they get Covid it doesn't backfire on the entire ship such as having the whole ship quarantined or not allowed to dock at ports or whatever. 

Why doesn't the govt distribute the unwanted AZ to neighbor countries?  Fiji population is under 1 million, as is most Pacific islands.  They get free vaccines and can open up and restore their tourism dependent economies.  We get options for safe travel.  Win-win!

Australia has given Fiji covid vaccines. 200,000 doses have already been sent and another 50,000 have been promised. Fiji has had more of its population vaccinated than we have. More than 40% of eligible Fijians have had at least one dose.

Fiji Vaccinations

Edited by possum52
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

Problem with Pfizer is the storage, hence GP’s etc can’t store it, each state  will need to open more vaccination hubs to ensure easier access. 
I finally have my first Pfizer tomorrow after waiting a month for an appointment. 

21 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Wot if?

We have a million dollar, or more, lottery where everyone who is fully vaxxed goes into a draw. But, it will only be drawn when vax rate reaches say 75% of adult population?

Great idea, wish I thought of that 😁😉 (except I had a much harder target number)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gogo65 said:

Problem with Pfizer is the storage, hence GP’s etc can’t store it, each state  will need to open more vaccination hubs to ensure easier access. 
I finally have my first Pfizer tomorrow after waiting a month for an appointment. 

Pfizer is no good now, go for AZ like us oldies have to cop.

6 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Wot if?

We have a million dollar, or more, lottery where everyone who is fully vaxxed goes into a draw. But, it will only be drawn when vax rate reaches say 75% of adult population?

We will never reach 75%, too many decliners.