April Sailings

Julieh40

• Julieh40 changed the title to April Sailings
11 minutes ago, Julieh40 said:

Does anyone really think that NCL ships will begin sailing again in mid April?

I'm hoping as I sail on Breakaway April 18th.  Got a great price and lots of OBC to boot.  If I cancel I lose the low price and all the OBC.  Chances are same cruise will cost plenty more down the road if NCL is still in business and not Bankrupt.

If they do end up canceling my cruise, I'm hoping they will still offer the 150% FCC as I'd opt for that versus straight refund. Yes, I am being a gambler at this point. Also looking to pick up 100 shares on NCL below $10/share.

We can be hopeful and wishful at the same time... :)

Wild ass guess...no.  Projection is maybe July before it can pretty much be called concluded.  Until all virus cases are contained, can't see sailing or ports opened again.  By then, either you've had it and recovered, or missed getting exposed and little remaining, or died.   No way to tell at this time.  

Edited by roger001
  • Like 2

There is zero possibility of an April 18 cruise sailing.  Where is it sailing out of?  Italy says their cases haven’t peaked, US is in the early stages of a huge upslope and we are 1-2 weeks behind Italy.  IF there are cruises you’d be insane to go on one, but I just don’t see it happening.  Sorry!  Best advice is take cash refund if you can, or if you want 150% FCC just don’t rush to spend it; prices will def come down.  Use it for a last minute cruise once things calm down, if that’s an option for you.  Even June is quite optimistic although not impossible - I have a June 14 cruise booked myself; I’ve cancelled all third-party excursions but am hanging tough to see what NCL does.

Edited by erdoran
  • Like 2

I can't be the only one thinking of booking a cruise for April 13, for example, and expecting Norwegian to cancel it just to get the FCC and whatever other benefits they offer to go with it. Right?

Will that work? I feel it's most likely they will cancel cruises until at least June.

• Like 1

Being over sometime in the July/August time frame.

Technically that is true, but it isn't going to look that way. At that time 100's of millions are still going to be sick, however multiple 100's of millions will have recovered making herd immunity work.

People's and government's reaction to this is going to be interesting. Imagine Trump getting on TV and saying open all the stuff again and let's get this economy moving with the number's listed above. While he is correct and then it will be much safer than it is now when people are only seeing 20 people sick in their states in the Midwest. So the question becomes, will they cut us loose come July/August or are we going to end up being stuck waiting for the numbers to get lower so it "looks" safer.

At a minimum, no cruises until this is relaxed.

....avoid social gatherings involving groups of more than 10....

How could anyone talk about health and safety of passengers and crew being priority #1, yet operate a cruise vacation?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Julieh40 said:

Does anyone really think that NCL ships will begin sailing again in mid April?

No way in heck... The horse left the barn 2 months ago, the people in charge did not listen to the scientist or didn't believe them. We will ALL pay the price now for years to come

• Like 3

we are scheduled to cruise on 4/22 and will need to cancel due to work but are holding out cancelling on our own in hopes that  NCL cancels and offers the 125% FCC.  Really hope things settle down and we are able to reschedule for August.

This was to be our first cruise. NCL has not impressed me at all during this ordeal.  I have a late-April cruise and I'm hoping for a cancellation and full refund. And if we decide to book a subsequent cruise, it won't be with these guys.

• Like 1

We are on the Bliss NY to Seattle on April 19th.  Most of us are pretty sure it will be cancelled and waiting to get the cash refund but some feel they have to get this ship to Seattle for the Alaska season (?) so it might be a go.

• Like 2

We're scheduled for Italy and Greece at the end of May on Getaway. I doubt Getaway will even BE in the Med by then. Like others, we're not cancelling now to get FCC, hoping for a better offer when NCL cancels our trip. Big disappointment, though. It's our 50th wedding anniversary! Guess that makes us elderly, huh?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, megansdad1 said:

I am booked at the last week of April, and I am 100% convinced that it is being cancelled.  The only reason I haven't cancelled it on my own yet is that I am waiting to see if I get offered a cash refund for increased FCC

same here

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

We are on the Bliss NY to Seattle on April 19th.  Most of us are pretty sure it will be cancelled and waiting to get the cash refund but some feel they have to get this ship to Seattle for the Alaska season (?) so it might be a go.

not if Washington Governor cancels any ship arriving at the port...

• Like 1

We're booked on the Escape on a TA out of NYC on the 18th.  I would say at this point there's ZERO chance of it sailing as the last 2 ports are both in Italy.  We're waiting till NCL "officially" cancels it & then we'll decide on a refund vs. FCC.

We also have hotel & airline reservations but that's a topic for another day...lol