for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

On 7/19/2020 at 1:27 PM, Sailor_Sally said:

Just remember to wait at least an hour .I just close my shower doors while it works. It is smelly .I had a built in soap dish that I could not get the soap scum out even with a lot of scrubbing . This worked .The soap scum just melted off . 

Hi, well, I just sprayed the shower doors...........and you are right, it does smell (but that is Vinegar) LOL......I will let it

sit for a little while and then wipe the doors............will let you know how they look. 

• Like 1

Yay!  Just got back from the opthamologist.  The resident and the attending said the cryopexy has healed well so far.  I don't have to take the Prednisone anymore.  And, I can start getting back to normal next week - camping if I want.  There are floaties that may or may not go away - said it can take a long time and not to get frustrated.  If they still really bother me after months, the attending said he can laser some away or if really bad, do that vitreous replacement.  I just want it to be over!!!   

Freakin' hot up here.  At 5pm, it was 97 down in Salt Lake at the Eye Center (which up on the benches).  Home is 87.  

I heard from my bestie last night (the one I was supposed to go to Andrea Bocelli last month).  She's been down for the past 3 weeks with a very nasty case of COVID-19.  Her one daughter and her husband and the other son-in-law are all down, too.  They had a get together with the 5 of them plus her granddaughter that she is raising.  So, probably someone picked it up from somewhere and brought it to the family.  The one daughter and the granddaughter (she's 10) have been taking care of everyone.  My friend had it about as bad as one could without being hospitalized:  fever for 2 weeks, breathing issues, cough, her scalp felt like she had shingles again (she had it before up there), aches, exhaustion.  She just retired as a shoolteacher.  She said there is NO WAY she's going to let the granddaughter go to in-person school.  Orange County is one of the stupid ones which said no mask or social distancing necessary to open up.   At least she's a teacher, so it won't be too bad.  

OOTD:  Since I had to venture down to the Eye Center, Athleta camo Tshirt and grey Athleta running skirt.  Old trail runners and Wright Sock white ankle socks.  I put some different bracelets on my wrist just 'cause.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, glad to know your eye is really on the road to full recovery now!🙂   And very sorry about your friends and their

family☹️

Well,  I sprayed the shower doors and let the stuff sit on them for about 30 minutes.  I hope you girls don't tell me

you only wash them down after that....I took paper towels and cleaned both doors.....it took quite a while for me

clean them.  They look pretty good now.  I still have quite a bit left in the bottle....and yes, there is still a vinegar 

scent left and it is now 9:00😲

12 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Lois -thanks for the update.

You are welcome🙂 To be honest,  I am going to try the CLR that was mentioned earlier........

maybe it will not smell so strong.  The vinegar really smells strong. 

Kat, good news about your eye. I hope the related issues resolve quickly without further treatment. How is the driving? Is it getting easier? How long is the drive into Salt Lake?

That is too bad about your friend and her family. I guess that even small family get togethers can result in spreading the virus. Hoping all recover soon. 

Lois, sounds like you had some success. Are you going to try a second “dose” since you have some of the mixture left? 

No make up again today and I’m trying to rotate my clothes so I don’t wear out my favorites. Oh and by the way, salons can now open up outside. New regs issued today. Of course there are hoops to jump thru and probably all salons won’t have the space to do this. Wonder how color, washes etc will be handled. I’m ok with going in with shampooed hair and blowing dry at home. Hoping my stylist will open but it’s all new today so I don’t yet know.

Sharon

Lois, I learned on a cruise that vodka works as a great glass cleaner.  I've also used it as a fabric refresher and the smell isn't as strong and dissipates quicker than vinegar.  You might still need the Dawn to cut any oils/soap scum (and once clean you might not need Dawn to maintain).  Hope that helps.

Kat, great news on your healing so far.  Hope you can enjoy some camping soon.

Praying everyone's friends/family with the virus will recover soon.😥

10 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, good news about your eye. I hope the related issues resolve quickly without further treatment. How is the driving? Is it getting easier? How long is the drive into Salt Lake?

That is too bad about your friend and her family. I guess that even small family get togethers can result in spreading the virus. Hoping all recover soon. 

Lois, sounds like you had some success. Are you going to try a second “dose” since you have some of the mixture left? 

No make up again today and I’m trying to rotate my clothes so I don’t wear out my favorites. Oh and by the way, salons can now open up outside. New regs issued today. Of course there are hoops to jump thru and probably all salons won’t have the space to do this. Wonder how color, washes etc will be handled. I’m ok with going in with shampooed hair and blowing dry at home. Hoping my stylist will open but it’s all new today so I don’t yet know.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, yes, I am thinking of cleaning them a 2nd time.  And hope this makes sense....the bottom part of the doors

are still not as clean as the top..........it is much harder to bend down (for me anyway) and get that bottom part done.

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

Lois, I learned on a cruise that vodka works as a great glass cleaner.  I've also used it as a fabric refresher and the smell isn't as strong and dissipates quicker than vinegar.  You might still need the Dawn to cut any oils/soap scum (and once clean you might not need Dawn to maintain).  Hope that helps.

Kat, great news on your healing so far.  Hope you can enjoy some camping soon.

Praying everyone's friends/family with the virus will recover soon.😥

Good morning........Vodka? I guess what I don't use I could drink LOL............

• Haha 2

I just googled Vodka/cleaning and you are right........who would have thunk it?🙂.....another option!  It also said it

is good for soap scum/showers/tubs and it doesn't streak on the glass as well.

• Like 1

I'm telling you - use Mr. Clean's Magic Cleanser.   It is not abrasive as someone said and works wonders...   Seems easier to use than this vodka mixture. 

17 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I just rinse it off . No scrubbing ,maybe a light wipe. I hope it works for you .

Did ours yesterday, worked fabulously. Les asked what I’d used that was different as he immediately saw the difference. Sally, thanks for the great hint

6 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Did ours yesterday, worked fabulously. Les asked what I’d used that was different as he immediately saw the difference. Sally, thanks for the great hint

Maybe I am missing something.......or maybe my doors are just extra hard to clean or maybe I am not doing something correctly.

I didn't think it worked "fabulously"......it worked, yes......it smells for sure.....I will give it a 2nd go round

and see the end results.   I still had to take ALOT of paper towels and wipe and wipe and wipe some more.

Kat, glad your eye is improving. The vitreous replacement wasn’t a bad surgery at all, it was worth it to me as I had huge floaters & feathers that obscured my vision, no all clear. Worst part was zero driving for 2 weeks, patch on eye (48 hours). No reading or computer for 1 week. No eye makeup for a month

15 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Lois, Sorry you were bothered by the smell . The mixture really needs to set at least an hour and then just rinse it off . No scrubbing required , I love the magic eraser for other projects .

It did sit for over an hour.........not sure what I can tell you. See my previous post.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Maybe I am missing something.......or maybe my doors are just extra hard to clean or maybe I am not doing something

correctly.....I didn't think it worked "fabulously"......it worked, yes......it smells for sure.....I will give it a 2nd go round

and see the end results.  

Leave it for the full hour, I think it needs the extra time. I actually left it on for a couple of hours (did my grocery shopping) & then rinsed it off, did a nice job on grout too

42 minutes ago, alidor said:

I'm telling you - use Mr. Clean's Magic Cleanser.   It is not abrasive as someone said and works wonders...   Seems easier to use than this vodka mixture. 

Good morning, thanks for the suggestion.........I will try it.

6 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Leave it for the full hour, I think it needs the extra time. I actually left it on for a couple of hours (did my grocery shopping) & then rinsed it off, did a nice job on grout too

Maybe my doors are just extra dirty but not sure how you can just rinse it without wiping them down........I stood in the shower and took lots of paper towels with me.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the whole thing.......I thought the mixture is what needs to sit a full

hour BEFORE you spray the doors........are you saying leave the mixture on the doors for an hour?

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Maybe my doors are just extra dirty but not sure how you can just rinse it without wiping them down........I stood in the shower and took lots of paper towels with me.

Maybe I a misunderstanding the whole thing...........I thought the mixture is what needs to sit a full

hour BEFORE you spray the doors........are you saying leave the mixture on the doors for an hour?

Yes, leave the mixture on the doors for a full hour. The mixture doesn’t need to sit for an hour before using. At least that’s what I did& it really was fabulous 

I will try it again but in my opinion, the smell is pretty strong........gotta be another way without having to smell up

the bathroom.  I appreciate all the help though.🙂  And no, I did not leave it on the doors for an

hour..........that I do know.

The doors are now sprayed again.  I guess I had it all wrong from the start....I thought everyone was saying to let the

mixture sit in the bottle for over an hour before using it.  Call me dumb😮..........I did it about 10:30. I will look at them

about noon and rinse them down. 

Hi Lous, even though I haven’t yet tried the vinegar/dawn solution, I am wondering if rinsing in off the doors would have helped to get rid of the smell? I am also wondering if wiping the doors without rinsing first has left a residue that makes the doors appear not as clean as you’d like? It could also be that your water composition is just harder to deal with than the water that other posters have.

i am guessing that the top part of the door lookS better because that part does not get the daily dose of water, soap and body oils. Those 3 together make the glass really tough to clean. 

if it were me, I’d try rinsing the doors before applying  any additional cleaner. That way you won’t be mixing different solutions. I know you wiped everything off but I’m guessing that there might still be some solution in the glass??

Good luck, this can be one tough job!

Sharon