for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Sharon, 🙂 I did rinse them (I had taken a shower LOL).   Anyway, this 2nd round will be it for a while.......I will buy

the Magic Eraser but have no desire to try and clean them again for a bit.  But I understand your premise.......it

can be a PITA and I will just deal with it.  Sharon, you put a U in my name instead of an I LOL--they are right next

to each other on the keyboard😀

1 minute ago, purduemom1 said:

Lois, looks like you gave it another try and then posted while I was typing! I hope it does the job this time. 
Sharon

Will let you know how it goes..........

Thanks for the comments about my eye.  Driving is better - I just don't try to look in the distance and keep focused on what is just in front of me.   No driving for 2 weeks wouldn't be hard - I'd just stock the fridge before I went and when that was all gone, I'd be eating Domino's (no 3rd party delivery services allowed yet).  I have to not be so anxious to have it all over with.   Awhfy - how long did you go between the laser surgery and deciding to get the vitreous replacement?  

I meant to add to my mask experiment results.  I wore the cotton Johnny Was mask yesterday to the Eye Center.  2 hours in the Center.  I definitely believe now that the cotton ones are the best.  I wasn't fussing with it like I did with the silk one - the inside on the silk one seemed to bunch and annoyed me.  

Use some of my vodka to clean windows?  Oh he!! no!  I'd have to go to the liquor store and buy a bottle of $10 stuff to do it!  I will say I have enough vodka here in the house to clean all my windows, though...  

My bestie and the family is on the mend.  It's just hard to know that almost the entire family was infected and they did not have it easy.  It aggravates me to know how they fared and then hear someone say it's not a big deal.  That is a mild statement of how I actually feel, but I can't articulate it without massive swearing and condemning of government officials.  

I'm not doing a thing today, other than bringing my trash can into the garage after the garbage guys come by and dump it.  Oh, for $hits and giggles or annoyance, I may watch the "coronavirus" briefing this afternoon.  Turn it into a drinking game - take a swig every time someone says "leadership", "strong", "forceful", "beautiful", "better than anyone else", "more testing gives more cases", "do less testing", "we're doing well", "it's going to go away."  Double swig if a known lie is spoken.   I may not be able to stand after this!!!!  

OOTD:  Trusty old Athleta Hana running shorts (I have 3 pair) with a mint/black striped North Face sleeveless T.  Definitely no makeup outside of moisturizer.  

Have a good day and stay cool ladies!

I still stand by the lemon oil...the natural acidity of lemon oil cuts through all the grime. The oil itself grabs the body oils and other such things left behind. You do have to apply and not necessarily scrub because the product works well. I use a Dobby pad to apply and do the light scrub motion. The smell is fab. We generally maintain with squeegeeing after showers...the rainx treatment sounds inspired!

• Like 1

Hi, they do look a bit cleaner now and the bottom portion is clearer as well.  Sharon, hope you are not upset I mentioned the spelling of my name.

I didn't mean it any harm.  It is just something I always notice😉

Lemon Oil? Have not heard of that one for the doors.

Hi Lois, oh no I’m not upset, I’m actually laughing because I should have known better than to use  my phone! 

Glad to hear that the second time around produced some good results. I don’t blame you for calling it quits for awhile.  I have heard that putting a coat of lemon oil on the door after cleaning will help keep the door clean. I did not know that it could also be used to clean the door. 

Here is a thought, would we ever have had an opportunity to discuss shower door cleaning techniques if it weren’t for this virus?

Sharon

• Like 1

Kat, thanks for the mask update. Since it looks like we will be wearing masks for awhile, I’m going to order the cotton ones. I am currently using the disposable ones but they won’t last forever. 

Good to know that your friend and family are getting better and did not need to be hospitalized. Their situation certainly illustrates how contagious this virus is. 

I’m with you about the vodka-in a pinch I might use it for cleaning but only as a last resort. Or maybe we are supposed to drink it while cleaning to make the job more enjoyable? 

Take it easy today and try not to let all the “manusha”  get to you. 

Went for a walk earlier so wore yesterday’s clothes and no make up. Getting a few things done before showering and will then figure out the OOTD.

Sharon

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Lois, oh no I’m not upset, I’m actually laughing because I should have known better than to use  my phone! 

Glad to hear that the second time around produced some good results. I don’t blame you for calling it quits for awhile.  I have heard that putting a coat of lemon oil on the door after cleaning will help keep the door clean. I did not know that it could also be used to clean the door. 

Here is a thought, would we ever have had an opportunity to discuss shower door cleaning techniques if it weren’t for this virus?

Sharon

Cleaning products, food products, we are just a diverse group😀.........I have to be honest about something. I went 

back into the bathroom again (this would be the 3rd time).......I found some glass cleaner under my cabinet and 

sprayed it on the doors a few minutes ago and wiped it off.....the doors look cleaner NOW than they did from the

other stuff. Now that might be because of the earlier cleanings-----but they are much more clear at this point.

I have to keep them that way going forward!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mafig said:

Does the house smell worse than dying Easter eggs or cleaning your coffee pot?

Is the question for me? I don't dye eggs and never have so I don't know what that smells like. As for coffee

pots? I have a Kuerig and I don't recall it ever having an odor.

Ah man.  The drinking game was a bust.  Only a couple chances for double swigs.  He almost went off the rails, but actually stuck to the notes he was given.  Boring.   I just pretended I was cleaning my shower door 🤪  the shower would have smelled like vanilla as I pulled my Stoli Vanil out of the freezer for it.  

Remember, be safe and #WeartheDamnMask!! 😷

23 hours ago, slidergirl said:

OOTD:  Since I had to venture down to the Eye Center, Athleta camo Tshirt and grey Athleta running skirt.  

Is their camo shirt soft and cool? I saw it in the store, but it wasn't what I was looking for that day, so I didn't touch it. Hubby would be so happy if I wore something camo.

• Like 1

I made a Spaghetti Squash casserole tonight and it came out delicious!  I first baked it (the folks at Publix sliced it 

in 1/2 for me). I baked it for about 40 minutes until the center was soft.  Then I scooped all of out and mixed 

mushrooms, tomatoes, artichoke pesto and cheese together and mixed that with the squash.......put more cheese

on top and baked for another 20 minutes or so.  It came out great and have plenty of leftovers.🙂 Oh, I also put

some seasoning in there as well and 4 dabs of butter went on top too. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Is their camo shirt soft and cool? I saw it in the store, but it wasn't what I was looking for that day, so I didn't touch it. Hubby would be so happy if I wore something camo.

I have that Athleta camo  top & it is one of my favorites. Soft & comfy

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

I made a Spaghetti Squash casserole tonight and it came out delicious!  I first baked it (the folks at Publix sliced it 

in 1/2 for me). I baked it for about 40 minutes until the center was soft.  Then I scooped all of out and mixed 

mushrooms, tomatoes, artichoke pesto and cheese together and mixed that with the squash.......put more cheese

on top and baked for another 20 minutes or so.  It came out great and have plenty of leftovers.🙂 Oh, I also put

Sounds great...I’d have to make it without the mushrooms (violently allergic)

56 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Sounds great...I’d have to make it without the mushrooms (violently allergic)

Ahhhh...you can add/delete whatever veggies you have.......this was my variation on a recipe I found on line.

Definitely don't want to be eating anything that gives you an allergic reaction!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Yes!  It's really soft and lightweight.  I wasn't sweating to death in 97 degrees with it on, so I'll say it's cool.  I have the "green" camo - they also have pink, blue, and a tonal white.   If he'd like camo, look at the camo Farallon short.  It feels like sweatpants shorts - comfy.  Now, I'll say this - they are SHORT.  Based on what others said, I ordered the Tall.  They're still short, a 5" inseam instead of 4", but that's OK for me as I wear running skirts all the time.  

If you're looking for something soft and cool and comes in a "army" green, but not camo, go to Woolx.  I have several of their T-shirts and they are great for warm weather on their own and as a base in the winter.  Super soft, easy wash.  I use them camping and also at work (I wear a jacket at work).  Like Athleta, they are pricey, but so far they are well worth it. 

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

I have that Athleta camo  top & it is one of my favorites. Soft & comfy

I forgot that you are an Athleta junky too!   We have to be sure we are careful if we meet up - we'd be dressed the same!!!   

do you have the green one or one of the others?  I couldn't do the blue or pink, but maybe the black.  I needed another gray one (goes with black and blue for work), so I got the Organic T.  

ETA:  Man, I messed up on the colors - the "white" isn't a tonal white, it's tan and white. 

17 hours ago, Lois R said:

That sounds delish!!  Lois - I would have never thought of making a casserole of it.  I'm always the "spaghetti squash with marinara sauce" person.  Now, I'll have to give this a try!   Question - when you first baked the squash, cut side down, right?  I can never remember.  

It's an overcast and surprisingly cool today.  66 degrees now with maybe 72 at the warmest later.  60% chance of rain.   So, a brief respite from the heat.  Maybe I won't be so cranky today. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I forgot that you are an Athleta junky too!   We have to be sure we are careful if we meet up - we'd be dressed the same!!!   

do you have the green one or one of the others?  I couldn't do the blue or pink, but maybe the black.  I needed another gray one (goes with black and blue for work), so I got the Organic T.  

ETA:  Man, I messed up on the colors - the "white" isn't a tonal white, it's tan and white. 

I have the green, my daughter has the grey & blue & granddaughter has the pink

if you’re looking for real Army green camo look at Chicos, their Zenergy (on a huge sale right now) has a great camo skort, too & leggings

Edited by awhfy

Hi Kat,  cut side down? If you are meaning skin side up? Yes....the inside of the squash is facing down. To be honest,

I am not a big marinara person so I have never made it that way.   Give me the pestos/olive oils/lemon sauces, etc.......😀

So, do any of you gals watch Y&R or Bold and The Beautiful? B&B is having all new episodes!  (Starting yesterday)😀

Y&R is still showing old ones.........due to the virus all the tapings were put on hold. 

That spaghetti squash sounds fabulous . I am running out of ideas of what to cook so that sounds perfect . I am still mostly wearing yoga pants and tops unless we are going out then I wear either a casual dress or chico's long shorts and a top and jewelry . I love Chico's stretch shorts . I am short so they hit me mid knee and look better than cropped pants .

• Like 1

It's been above 90 every day here for more than a week. My poor annuals are wilting every afternoon by 5pm, so I have to go out and water, unless we get one of those pop-up late afternoon thundershowers....

I made my own version of a crust-less pizza or pizza bowl with some steamed cauliflower florets, mushrooms, mozzarella, marinara sauce and turkey sausage crumbles. It was pretty tasty. Nothing like the Neapolitan pizza down the street though...  ❤️