for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I have tried Vinegar.........doesn't work.  (for me anyway).  My doors are quite dirty.....I need something strong

and then can try to keep them cleaner on a more daily basis.  I have tried cleaners, baking soda, etc........just curiuos

if there is some magical thing LOL....or I just have to use elbow grease and get the water stains off and keep them

cleaner as each day goes by. 

Tub/Shower cleaner --- haven't used it but a friend swears by it --

In a spray bottle -- fill 1/2 full with white vinegar - heat in microwave.  Fill the rest of the way with Blue Dawn, shake to mix.  Spray tub/shower walls - let sit for a few minutes, then rinse  =  clean.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Tub/Shower cleaner --- haven't used it but a friend swears by it --

In a spray bottle -- fill 1/2 full with white vinegar - heat in microwave.  Fill the rest of the way with Blue Dawn, shake to mix.  Spray tub/shower walls - let sit for a few minutes, then rinse  =  clean.

Hi, what about the glass shower doors? That is really what I am needing. 

I would try it on a small spot on the glass first but I would think it would work -- no scrubbing which is why I wouldn't use the Magic Eraser on glass - it's kind of abrasive..

Edited by 57redbird
more info

8 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

I would try it on a small spot on the glass first but I would think it would work -- no scrubbing which is why I wouldn't use the Magic Eraser on glass - it's kind of abrasive..

Thanks........are you referring "Dawn" the dish soap?  I will have to buy a spray bottle. 

WOW....I just googled DAWN and there is a bunch of stuff it is supposed to help clean.  I will give

it a try and can use it for dishes too😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies, & thanks for the good wishes 🙂    Sharon, Melody, & Kat, the magnet project was super easy, & there are different style "windows" depending on the style of your garage 🙂

Lois.  my Dad passed away 4 & half years ago....  so far Mom is fine,  & so far staying home thank goodness, hopefully she stays home the full two weeks 🙂  & to clarify,  her boss felt dizzy going down stairs on Monday,  called his kids who took him to get checked out, & died from Covid by Thursday.  So he more than likely was passing it along asymptomatically for a week or more...

TV wise:  this Christmas we bought ourselves an 80"  I know that's ridiculously big, but we do enjoy it 🙂  we do all the streaming stuff & it's nice.  We chose the LG model from Costco....  I loved the Sony ones, but the LG was crazy cheap with a coupon so....

Cynthia,  thank goodness your folks are willing to be careful,  I think now my Mom will be a bit more sensible 😉

Fashion wise,  wearing "brunch before lunch" tee....  will put on sun shirt, shorts & hat & tackle the completely out of control climbing roses in the front garden 🙂

stay safe ladies!

Edit to add:  Kat,  MangoKart Micheladas are delicious!!

Lois - my Sony is a 50" There is a "TV niche" in my wall by the fireplace, so I am limited by it for size.  I have maybe 3 inches I could add, but that is it.  That TV is just fine for me.  

Hmm.  Mango Cart Micheladas.  Haven't seen them in the store yet.  I'm not a big micheladas fan - It's like the old "red eye" right - beer and Clamato, lime, and some spice right?  It always made me think of tomato juice that went bad because of of the fizz.   I do have the Mango Cart in the fridge so I may have it "naked" tonight.  

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi from beastly hot Florida!!!!!!   I got a new set of cookware today🙂 went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and had a 20% off

coupon. It is called "Epicurean" and ended up being 90.00 so I am happy😀

Have a question for all of you----what do you use to clean your shower doors? I know there a million things out there

but curious what ya'll use to keep the glass clean......it is such a pain to stand inside the shower and try to go over

and over those doors.  Is there an easier way to clean them and KEEP THEM clean?  

Thanks!

Lois, you can also try a product called CLR  should work.....  when we did the bathrooms in this house we had the glass in the showers sealed,  & after every shower, we squeegee it off & dry it with a microfiber towel,  kind of a pain, as our showers are big w/lots of glass, but they look brand new.....  we also had this done at our last house, someone came & basically professionally stripped the shower door of everything, & then sealed it.... works wonders !

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - my Sony is a 50" There is a "TV niche" in my wall by the fireplace, so I am limited by it for size.  I have maybe 3 inches I could add, but that is it.  That TV is just fine for me.  

Hmm.  Mango Cart Micheladas.  Haven't seen them in the store yet.  I'm not a big micheladas fan - It's like the old "red eye" right - beer and Clamato, lime, and some spice right?  It always made me think of tomato juice that went bad because of of the fizz.   I do have the Mango Cart in the fridge so I may have it "naked" tonight.  

they sell them pre done,  but I like to mix them myself...  I use a mix called Antojitos...  super refreshing on a hot day :)

16 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, you can also try a product called CLR  should work.....  when we did the bathrooms in this house we had the glass in the showers sealed,  & after every shower, we squeegee it off & dry it with a microfiber towel,  kind of a pain, as our showers are big w/lots of glass, but they look brand new.....  we also had this done at our last house, someone came & basically professionally stripped the shower door of everything, & then sealed it.... works wonders !

Hi, ohh...I have heard of this brand of products.  I may try this first!  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, ohh...I have heard of this brand of products.  I may try this first!  

it works really well Lois...  if you don't want to get your glass professionally sealed, they sell Rain X shower door water repellant...  should keep the water spots away once you have them cleaned off :)

Good morning🙂....I will try the CLR first but I need to get some new soap anyway so will buy the Blue Dawn 

and I have vinegar in the house already.   Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate it🙂

I had Chinese food last night.....it was soooooo good.😀 And yes, I ate the fried rice. I know rice is not the best

thing to eat but when I took my glucose number this morning it was still pretty low.   I guess once in a while

you can step out of the proverbial "better food" box and it doesn't hurt too much.

Hope all of you have a good Sunday.

• Like 2

I use the half vinegar and half dawn not heated . You have to let it set at least an hour . The soap scum just melts off . No scrubbing required.

I have used this for over a year and it works .

Edited by Sailor_Sally
  • Like 2

Hi Sally, sounds like I have a couple of good options!  Sometimes I really wonder how these things work......something in the molecular make up must do it!

The soap scum just melts off the shower doors with no scrubbing? Sounds

amazing to me!😀

54 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I use the half vinegar and half dawn not heated . You have to let it set at least an hour . The soap scum just melts off . No scrubbing required.

I have used this for over a year and it works .

Hmm, I’ll add Dawn to my vinegar. 

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sally, sounds like I have a couple of good options!  Sometimes I really wonder how these things work......something in the molecular make up must do it!

The soap scum just melts off the shower doors with no scrubbing? Sounds

amazing to me!😀

Just remember to wait at least an hour .I just close my shower doors while it works. It is smelly .I had a built in soap dish that I could not get the soap scum out even with a lot of scrubbing . This worked .The soap scum just melted off . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Just remember to wait at least an hour .I just close my shower doors while it works. It is smelly .I had a built in soap dish that I could not get the soap scum out even with a lot of scrubbing . This worked .The soap scum just melted off . 

Will do..........tomorrow I am going to the grocery store and will make sure I buy the Blue Dawn.........I need to find

a spritzer bottle too.  If Publix doesn't have it, I will hit Target.........

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning🙂....I will try the CLR first but I need to get some new soap anyway so will buy the Blue Dawn 

and I have vinegar in the house already.   Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate it🙂

I had Chinese food last night.....it was soooooo good.😀 And yes, I ate the fried rice. I know rice is not the best

thing to eat but when I took my glucose number this morning it was still pretty low.   I guess once in a while

you can step out of the proverbial "better food" box and it doesn't hurt too much.

Hope all of you have a good Sunday.

It's OK to do the "bad food" every once in awhile!!!   

I get to go to the opthamologist tomorrow afternoon for my post-freeze checkup.  I'm a bit nervous since I still "feel"my eye (hopefully that is just the freeze point still healing), but the vision is slow to go back to where it was. Maybe I'm too anxious to get it back.  And, today, I have a bunch, like at least 20, little pinpoint "dots" floating around - those are new.   Sigh.  

OOTD: still hot for me with no A/C, so I'm doing a pair of my Athleta running shorts (the "Hana" style from about 10 years ago and still looking great) and a lightweight old Adidas tank top.  I've got the hair up in a messy ponytail on top of my head.  NOTE TO OTHERS: when you get red streaks put in your hair, be sure you put down a towel on the couch pillows before you lean on them and sweat!!!   I forgot to do that when I came home from getting the streaks done - ended up with some red on the pillow!  Fortunately, a little SHOUT and a wash took it out!

• Like 1

So another great “recipe” has been shared! We wipe down our shower door after each use so it’s not bad at all. Every once in awhile I give it a good cleaning. Also have glass doors In the guest bath and even though there is a squeegee hanging in there, it isn’t always used so those also need cleaning from time to time. I have used CLR and it works well but I’m going to try the vinegar and blue Dawn next time. Sound like an amazing cleaner. Hmm, here are two non toxic liquids that can work wonders on soap scum-one has to wonder....Maybe,, as Lois says, it’s their molecules or something! I will also try Rain Ex and with the wiping down, the glass should be easier to maintain.

Kat, sending good thoughts your way for tomorrow’s dr. visit. Hoping for a good report!

CK, how is your mom doing? Hope all is well. 

Ordered take out last night and watched The Imitation Game. Good movie! Will be discussing it during our next family Zoom meeting. Friday night we went out to see the Neowise comet. Difficult to see because it is not real bright and our sky is shrouded in smoke right now. Anyway, we found a parking lot outside the city and we weren’t alone. Others had set up telescopes. Not much social distancing or mask wearing  so we had to be careful. Twice we asked people to please keep their distance as they approached us to ask questions. They were accommodating and responded as if social distancing was just no big deal. Yes, masks are mandatory but not always enforced.

Today, I’m wearing comfy clothes, staying inside because of the heat and air quality alert. No make up for me!

Sharon

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

NOTE TO OTHERS: when you get red streaks put in your hair, be sure you put down a towel on the couch pillows before you lean on them and sweat!!!   I forgot to do that when I came home from getting the streaks done - ended up with some red on the pillow!  

Should I worry if I was born with red streaks? 🤣

• Haha 2