for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

17 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hey Kat, I guess there are some big changes happening at SLC. The remodel going faster than unexpected. Delta now using new A gates and woohoo, there is a Shake Shack there! Wonder how long it will be before I can check it out for myself?

Sharon

Yep.  Brand new terminal.  I wish I could get a fake ticket to get past TSA so I could go check it out.  Delta was promising more "international" flights if a new terminal was built back when it was being proposed.  Don't know if that will really happen, though. SLC was always a great airport for doing short connections - I wonder how this will change things.  As for Shake Shack, I'll have to add a littl extra time to my arrival to make room for a 'shroom burger!!!  

Almost done!  I have to get some more dirt or something to better stabilize the sign and flamingoes.  And, to add to the seasonal folly, some little pumpkins and maybe a skeleton to put on the front of the luge.   NOTE: this is a doubles luge, so 2 guys would ride on this.  Courtesy of the Brazilian National Luge Team of 2002...

IMG_0761.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Almost done!  I have to get some more dirt or something to better stabilize the sign and flamingoes.  And, to add to the seasonal folly, some little pumpkins and maybe a skeleton to put on the front of the luge.   NOTE: this is a doubles luge, so 2 guys would ride on this.  Courtesy of the Brazilian National Luge Team of 2002...

IMG_0761.JPG

Looks great! I love your sign😂

Sherri🙂

16 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

slidergirl --- do you know Chris Mazder?

I don't.  I'm actually not on the luge side of things, so I don't know any of them.  I ended up with the luge because the Brazilians were a "winter sports" group and I was on the bobsled/skeleton side of things.  I was asked to store some things in case they came back.  Well, that was 2002.  The sled is now way outdated and not usable.  So, I put it to use.   One thing: the next time you watch a doubles luge race and you see one of the guys just pick up that sled at the Finish like it was nothing, it's actually HEAVY (30kg).  I try not to move it around much.  

1 minute ago, slidergirl said:

I don't.  I'm actually not on the luge side of things, so I don't know any of them.  I ended up with the luge because the Brazilians were a "winter sports" group and I was on the bobsled/skeleton side of things.  I was asked to store some things in case they came back.  Well, that was 2002.  The sled is now way outdated and not usable.  So, I put it to use.   One thing: the next time you watch a doubles luge race and you see one of the guys just pick up that sled at the Finish like it was nothing, it's actually HEAVY (30kg).  I try not to move it around much.  

Thanks for the reply....he's my ex-DIL's cousin.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 9:06 AM, awhfy said:

Don’t put it off!  Shingles is very, very debilitating. If you haven’t had the pneumonia vaccine get that too (just not together!)

My husband and I just got the first round of the new shingles-shot last month.  I felt lousy after the shot, which I was told could happen.  We'll get the second round in December.

We just got our flu shots two weeks ago.   Here in Massachusetts, our governor is trying to make flu shots mandatory for all school students and child care clients.  People are pushing back against that, but they really shouldn't, because deaths occur from the flu as well.

As for the fashion question, I'm retired and home, so Jeans & tees are my mode of dress unless we go out.   

• Like 1

Decent day today.  Started out rough, but ended OK.  My trusty watch stopped working.  Thought it would be a good time to suck it up and buy an Apple Watch SE.  So, I drive down to the valley through all the smoke (yuk) to the mall.  Go to the Apple Store.  Discover you now need a reservation just to enter the store and they are all booked up!!!   Oh well.  Disappointment turned into joy when I remembered there was a new Shake Shack there!  It's a standalone building, so easy parking.  Another 'Sroom burger was consumed.  They are soooo good!  I figured I'd stop by Trader Joe's on the way home and pick up a few things.  I got all the stuff for the Pumpkin Turkey Chili, some salads, yogurt and some cheese.  I didn't go hog wild. 

OOTD:  my grey Notorious RBG Tshirt and my black jungle print leggings.  I got a few nice comments on the shirt.  

I found my skeleton today at the local Michael's.  So, it's on the luge now:

IMG_0762.JPG

• Like 3

Barb, welcome to the chat. Those shots just flat hurt!  I’m originally from Malden MA. 

Kat, daughter just got the new Apple Watch (at Best Buy, no appt needed). She loves it 

Lois, hope you’re feeling ok, bleeding ulcers are scary things. Melody

Hi girls, doing better, thanks🙂.  I am still trying to clean the blood out of the bedroom carpet........today is

baking soda.  I tried several other things first. Any recommendations would be welcomed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, doing better, thanks🙂.  I am still trying to clean the blood out of the bedroom carpet........today is

baking soda.  I tried several other things first. Any recommendations would be welcomed. 

Try peroxide.

• Like 1

Hi Lois, so glad to hear that you are doing better. As for the blood, I’m sister had to deal with that on carpet and she called a carpet cleaning service.  They completely eliminated the stain with the exception of one small area that she had worked on herself. However, even that area was very much improved. Perhaps talking with a service and letting them know what you have already tried, they can then tell you how successful they might be so you can decide how to precede? Good luck!

Sharon

To stay on topic-I’m heading in to actually put on make up since we are doing a family Zoom to help celebrate my sister’s as well as my brother’s birthday. Will even try for a different tee since I seem to be wearing the same 4 or 5 lately.  Smoke is pretty bad here again today. Seems as if we get smoke from all to Norcal fires and it just stays. No outdoor activities for us:(

Sharon

39 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Try peroxide.

Hi, I did that.........a lot of it. Actually, that was the first thing I did.......the stain is much less than it was but I can

still see the area. Thanks🙂

58 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Lois - consider paying for a company to come do it.  Even if it's a small bit.  They'll know exactly what to use and get it done right. 

I think I'm going to make the chili tonight.  

Melody: which Watch did your DD buy?  I don't think I want to spend all that money on the new 6, so maybe the SE.  There really isn't much of a difference, outside of the pulse oximeter & ECG and I've heard they aren't all that reliable.  I do have a Best Buy a mile away, so maybe I'll hit it up. 

sailor:  Out of the 3 sliding sports, luge scares me the most.  Very sharp edges on those runners, a high center of gravity.  Bobsled, well it should scare me (I've lost one friend, another one almost died), but for some reason it doesn't.  Skeleton is one where everyone gets banged up and concussions abound, but the runners are rounded and you are very low to the ground.   I always had to pick up the athletes at the Finish and I saw it all...  

Not much going on.  Kind of "quarantined' in the house for awhile - there is a big gas leak just outside of the neighborhood and it smells awful.  They have everyone taking a detour if you need to go out of the neighborhood.  I think I'll just stay put. 

On 10/3/2020 at 6:14 PM, slidergirl said:

Love your display. We have a sled we dragged down from Pennsylvania that we use with our Christmas decorations. The luge is so much more cool and especially with the history behind it.

If you don't mind me asking, but what do you mean when you said "I was on the bobsled/skeleton side of things." Are/were you in competitive sports?

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

Barb, welcome to the chat. Those shots just flat hurt! 

Yikes, are you talking about the shingles shots that I need to get? 😅

• Like 1