P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Sure, Zap - I predict that it will be won by a horse.  Or, for older members, that it needs replacing urgently by a combi boiler.  😉

Yeah,old geezers do wear out in time Harry.

• Haha 3

Unexpected surprise tonight.

Stumbled across Stereophonics live from Cardiff on BBC 2. Great concert, although I think the songs from their early days were better. (And have the cds !) 

As an aside, how is it possible that Kelly Jones, at 48, does not have a single wrinkle ?

17 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Fabulous car! We took delivery of our brand new CLIO on 1st March, it handles like a dream, just got back from Perranporth in it...magic! 😎

Finally test drive the Captur Hybrid yesterday, after having 3 Capturs, sad to say next car won’t be one. I found the seats very and uncomfortable, nothing like the the ones in my RS Line petrol version which are quite comfortable, there was a whining noise when in electric mode and you felt the petrol engine kick in, it was seamless on the Toyota & Honda cars. Delivery time would be February 2023, possible that adaptive cruise control won’t be adaptive and wing mirrors won’t fold, but should be retrofitted at a latter date if not present initially.

Will be dropping into Toyota on Monday to see if I can improve on deal for Yaris Cross. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I can believe weather forecasts anymore, although it turned cooler yesterday pm we had not a drop of rain and today the sun is up and lovely blue skies, just cant shake off the cool northerly breeze.

Thank goodness I watered the garden yesterday

Just been reading about Iona's tribulations , looks like another problem that could be recurring?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Not sure if I can believe weather forecasts anymore, although it turned cooler yesterday pm we had not a drop of rain and today the sun is up and lovely blue skies, just cant shake off the cool northerly breeze.

Thank goodness I watered the garden yesterday

Just been reading about Iona's tribulations , looks like another problem that could be recurring?

Thunderbolts & Lightning, very very frighening last night in this neck of the woods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, wowzz said:

All I can say is that all of the supermarkets in our area are desperately short of staff, and all have full time vacancies.

If you want to work part time, fine, but that would be a personal choice.

And as to overtime not being available - again, around here the supermarkets are begging people to work overtime.

It is important to realise that what was the case even 10 years ago, is not the case now, so quoting what things were like then is irrelevant.

My granddaughter works for B&Q on a 20 hr Pwk min contract, but they are not offering any extra hours at present. So not all stores are short staffed Wowzz.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My granddaughter works for B&Q on a 20 hr Pwk min contract, but they are not offering any extra hours at present. So not all stores are short staffed Wowzz.

Fair enough, but she could find stores that do need full time staff.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Fair enough, but she could find stores that do need full time staff.

My DiL is Store manager for a large clothing & homeware retailer, she and the deputy manager are the only full time staff in the store, which is one of the chains larger stores. All the other staff are part time, fixed hours or zero hours contract, this is not a unusual scenario in retail stores across the country. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My DiL is Store manager for a large clothing & homeware retailer, she and the deputy manager are the only full time staff in the store, which is one of the chains larger stores. All the other staff are part time, fixed hours or zero hours contract, this is not a unusual scenario in retail stores across the country. 

In my defence, I was talking about grocery retailers in my area. 

I accept that other retailers may not be facing the same shortage of labour issues.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:30 PM, Rupert2251 said:

Hi Snow Hill, just picking up on this thread after a week. We were told by Renault that they had discontinued the folding wing mirrors because the motors were burning out and having lots of complaints about them. Glad it was not just me.

Never had a problem with motors burning out on the 3 Capturs I have owned all the mirrors folded OK. As I said in a separate post Renault informed me that the missing chips for the mirrors will be retrofitted to Capturs and Arkanes as soon as they are available. 

16 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Never had a problem with motors burning out on the 3 Capturs I have owned all the mirrors folded OK. As I said in a separate post Renault informed me that the missing chips for the mirrors will be retrofitted to Capturs and Arkanes as soon as they are available. 

Our Captur has been a fabulous car and we would not swap it at all ---- and it is a dreaded Diesel DCi 110.  Sometimes the wing mirror on the driving side doesn't move but we just have to try again and hey presto it is fine. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a lovely day.

It was 76°F at the beach this afternoon.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20220619_131356.jpg

Looks lovely Graham.  Not a great start weather wise here but this afternoon has been clear blue skies, a bit of a breeze and about 19 degrees. 
Hope you are all keeping well and have had a good weekend 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having seen the news today about the airports and heard about a friend stuck in Spain for 2 days I think that a cruise from Southampton (despite concerns) sounds the best bet if you don't want to stay in the UK. !!!

Our first holiday with a flight will be to Sorrento for Easter 2023 ------ hoping things calm down. Have no idea what to expect for Sorrento in April but the celebrations look good 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I've turned off the folding mirror option on our Puma.  The difference is probably only two inches per side, so seems irrelevant. 

I'll just park at the far edge of the car park.

As an aside, I got our new car to sync with our home wifi, which means I can now see my latest mpg figure at 3 a.m. on my laptop.  Isn't progress wonderful !

• Like 1

Well, the Barry Manilow concert was fabulous.  His voice was even better than last time.  What a showman.  First time with my little scooter and people were so kind. The audience would not stop cheering and clapping etc at one point.  A truly great night.

Some people gave a wry smile when I said I was going, but 02 holds up to 20,000,  it wasn't far off full... we couldn't all be wrong...   and.....a good lot of them were blokes,  probably a third or more.

After a wedding Saturday and Barry M last night I think I'll just loll around today!!!"!"

• Like 7