P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Well, the Barry Manilow concert was fabulous.  His voice was even better than last time.  What a showman.  First time with my little scooter and people were so kind. The audience would not stop cheering and clapping etc at one point.  A truly great night.

Some people gave a wry smile when I said I was going, but 02 holds up to 20,000,  it wasn't far off full... we couldn't all be wrong...   and.....a good lot of them were blokes,  probably a third or more.

After a wedding Saturday and Barry M last night I think I'll just loll around today!!!"!"

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. So pleased concert lived up to expectations.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Having seen the news today about the airports and heard about a friend stuck in Spain for 2 days I think that a cruise from Southampton (despite concerns) sounds the best bet if you don't want to stay in the UK. !!!

Our first holiday with a flight will be to Sorrento for Easter 2023 ------ hoping things calm down. Have no idea what to expect for Sorrento in April but the celebrations look good 🙂

We've got a trip to Portugal booked for September.  Starting to get a bit concerned that it may not happen.  Unfortunately there aren't any cruises (not just P & O) that tickle our fancy round about that time if it does fall through.

Friends of ours had a holiday to Italy fall through, about two weeks before they were due to go.  Luckily they managed to a get deal they were happy with on a Marella fly cruise to replace it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Having seen the news today about the airports and heard about a friend stuck in Spain for 2 days I think that a cruise from Southampton (despite concerns) sounds the best bet if you don't want to stay in the UK. !!!

Our first holiday with a flight will be to Sorrento for Easter 2023 ------ hoping things calm down. Have no idea what to expect for Sorrento in April but the celebrations look good 🙂

Sorrento - what a great place to go, and what a great time to go!  One of the best holidays we ever had was based there.  So relaxing, such good food, and so many places to visit.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Sounds like Basildon...

Is it that bad now?  I remember huge shopping trips to the Sainsbury/BHS SavaCentre there, which opened around the time we moved to Hutton.  Massive place at the time, and Basildon was a thriving shopping centre.  Big M&S at one end, and SavaCentre at the other, as I recall.

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

M & S has gone.  Still empty.  Lots of the units opposite boarded up. A lot of the shop units around the town square also empty.  Building site where the large post office used to be  The fountain in the town square still there.  .

When I was a small child, my mum would take me on the bus to Basildon for shopping. The main thing I remember is the fountain

• Like 1

We have arrived in Thurrock for our overnight stay before boarding Ambience tomorrow. Great journey down, roads quiet. It will be nice to be at sea again as it is over 2 years since our last sea cruise. See you in three weeks and behave.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

When I was a small child, my mum would take me on the bus to Basildon for shopping. The main thing I remember is the fountain

Mum used to do the same with me.  

We've probably walked past each other back in the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have arrived in Thurrock for our overnight stay before boarding Ambience tomorrow. Great journey down, roads quiet. It will be nice to be at sea again as it is over 2 years since our last sea cruise. See you in three weeks and behave.

Have a great cruise. It sounds like dinner in Basildon isn't the best plan.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Sorrento - what a great place to go, and what a great time to go!  One of the best holidays we ever had was based there.  So relaxing, such good food, and so many places to visit.

It seems that my decision to cancel my September Iona cruise to Norway was a wise decision. i allocated the £1500 saved to a Canaries fly cruise in November but having got really bored yesterday I booked a September Western Med fly cruise for only just over £1500, just an outside cabin but premium drinks package etc. Itinerary is Palma Mallorca, Cagliare Sardinia, Sorrento tender, Civitivaccia, Ajaccio Corsica, Palamos Spain. I like the old RCI ship. 6.15am flight out though.

• Like 5

Hi all, we are just resting in our room in Guernsey. We are very pleased to see we have a side view of the sea which we weren’t expecting. The other picture is the view from the restaurant window at lunch time.

We also found a fab view of a tendering Silversea ship in St Peter Port.

57975044-6EE4-477F-90C0-9EF134B34458.jpeg

4BCDCCC9-F343-4502-8D69-BEE9490CEC68.jpeg

96D53779-A094-49AA-BD26-FFA3EC17A2A9.jpeg

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hi all, we are just resting in our room in Guernsey. We are very pleased to see we have a side view of the sea which we weren’t expecting. The other picture is the view from the restaurant window at lunch time.

Oh wow. That looks just lovely…….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I like the old RCI ship. 6.15am flight out though.

Me too.  Last week I booked a (bargain IMO) cruise for next year to Greece and the Adriatic on Brilliance OTS.  I just need Manchester airport to be sorted out by then 🤞

Your itinerary sounds great and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

One of my favourite places too, so much to see and do

Michelle

• Like 2

I am dipping my toe back in the water (so to speak) and have booked a 7 night cruise on Aurora for next summer. Hopefully she will still be in service then. With just a deposit of £70 it seemed silly not to!

• Like 12

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I hope you both have an amazing cruise Phil.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Great views Sue.

I hope you both have a wonderful time in Guernsey.

• Thanks 1

It seems we are in holiday mood.  Looking forward to my MSC Virtuosa cruise to the Med on 2nd July from Southampton. Very good price with Premium Drinks, de luxe balcony and choice of cabin on deck 12  for £1429 pp, and £40pp OBC. A lot cheaper than the Britannia cruise going a few days later.

• Like 3

Just had a quick catch up. Glad to read that you are all enjoying getting out and about🙂

After a weekend that felt more like winter, with wind rain and cold temps it is looking a bit more like summer today as the wind has dropped and it's a pleasant 17oC and expected to get warmer. I think I will be spending it in the garden with a book, making the most of it while I can as it's forecast to rain again on Thursday.

Checking my e-mails this morning, I don't need to go on Iona to see Gary Barlow as he's coming to the Hall for Cornwall in Truro. A lot cheaper to attend!!🤣

Take care and enjoy your day.

Pam 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sun is out, so taking the new car out for a trip to the seaside (Cleethorpes) and a fish and chip lunch at Papa Johns. 

On my list too. If you happen to see this while you’re there, would you mind having a look at the outside tables (on the pier) to see whether they’re for two or four, and whether they’re well spaced apart? I’m guessing they’re in full sun? 

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

On my list too. If you happen to see this while you’re there, would you mind having a look at the outside tables (on the pier) to see whether they’re for two or four, and whether they’re well spaced apart? I’m guessing they’re in full sun? 

LOL,I thought Papa Johns was a pizza place.

• Like 1

Just planted on my beetroot after clearing bed of weeds that have shot up in the last week. Soil is dry despite the rain on Saturday and soaking it with hose last night. Problem with a south facing garden and 25C heat, it soon evaporates. Some final needing to put out, but will do that when it cools down and sun not so intense. Forecast say it’s going to get hotter over next few days, then rain showers on Friday. I might be in garden until dusk this evening.. 

Just come indoors to cool off. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2