P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,I thought Papa Johns was a pizza place.

It is. Papas,  however, on Cleethorpes Pier is a very nice fish and chip restaurant serving amongst the best in the country.  Hull based company with several branches  serving proper Yorkshire fish and chips, skin off of course and fried in beef dripping.

Not keen on their haddock pizzas though.  😱

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

On my list too. If you happen to see this while you’re there, would you mind having a look at the outside tables (on the pier) to see whether they’re for two or four, and whether they’re well spaced apart? I’m guessing they’re in full sun? 

Just got back, so only just seen your reply.

Can't be sure, but they looked to be tables for four. Pretty close together- in fact, probably closer together than the tables inside. And, yes, in full sun today.

Prices have increased since last year,  not surprisingly. Slice of bread and butter now 39p, (was free) portion of peas £1.69 (they were about £1.29). Drinks still reasonable.

I'm not sure if it was because it was midweek, but although you are shown to your table, you now go to the bar to place your order. 

Service was quick and polite, and the meal was excellent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Just got back, so only just seen your reply.

Can't be sure, but they looked to be tables for four. Pretty close together- in fact, probably closer together than the tables inside. And, yes, in full sun today.

Prices have increased since last year,  not surprisingly. Slice of bread and butter now 39p, (was free) portion of peas £1.69 (they were about £1.29). Drinks still reasonable.

I'm not sure if it was because it was midweek, but although you are shown to your table, you now go to the bar to place your order. 

Service was quick and polite, and the meal was excellent.

Thanks Wowzz - appreciated! 

With Covid rates increasing again and a compromised immune system stopping the vaccines working I'll find a quiet time - mid-afternoon perhaps.  If it's crowded it'll be a takeaway, but that's a last resort!

• Like 2

Hello again from Guernsey. After a dull start we have had lovely sunshine again.

I’d booked online a while ago to see Victor Hugo’s house in St Peter Port while he was in exile there. The tour was by a French lady and was very interesting. It was an incredible house, don’t think I’ve even seen anything like it! At the top he’d built a lovely airy room with great views of the sea — another cruise ship was in!

0626F69A-E37A-4B94-A509-3739D71EECD7.jpeg

7719F73A-E039-4480-A30D-7A771A8ADCC5.jpeg

58619A2C-0134-4D8C-86E7-873F3A5B368B.jpeg

022FE273-6875-4D1B-B68A-B0910299DF16.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

With Covid rates increasing again and a compromised immune system stopping the vaccines working I'll find a quiet time - mid-afternoon perhaps.  If it's crowded it'll be a takeaway, but that's a last resort!

I don't think Cleethorpes will appreciate being called the last resort🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

After a yummy galette (a savoury crepe) in St Peter Port we then went to Cabo Bay and you can see the weather improved a lot.

690F4C5A-389F-41AC-9AAF-E687B21A2A25.jpeg

789030FF-E2C7-4286-BCBA-D7B688F5B946.jpeg

5E2D1EB8-F53D-47AF-A2D0-875EB3631338.jpeg

Lovely photos, but why is Mr Sue wearing Graham's cap and shirt🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Let’s hope that it is successful then, as it’s another positive step towards normality. 

With Iona doing prolonged runs of 7 night cruises, where most people who pick up Covid are unlikely to become symptomatic until they return home (if at all), I am struggling to see why quarantine zones are needed. Is this being reviewed? We will be cancelling our Iona cruise next year if they are still being maintained, as we aren’t able to relocate to an alternative cabin that would be acceptable to us. 

I'm struggling a bit here. If we don't test to get on the ship and are unlikely to get any symptoms , until we are home, if at all why would anyone test onboard? No test, no positive,no quarantine. No worries. Come on RCL copy P&O.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

We left about 2pm, and the restaurant was barely a quarter full, if that.. I think if you went in about 2:30 you would be fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We left about 2pm, and the restaurant was barely a quarter full, if that.. I think if you went in about 2:30 you would be fine. 

Thanks - that's useful to know.  I wouldn't fuss like this under normal circumstances, but unfortunately my underlying neurological condition means that Covid is particularly risky, and the medication used to treat the condition knocks out the vaccine - double whammy!  

FFP3 mask, and the next comment I get from someone telling me I shouldn't be wearing a mask any more will be politely advised that I work in a Monkeypox clinic and that it's standard policy to protect the public - just watch them back off!  Social distancing returns!  😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

I'm struggling a bit here. If we don't test to get on the ship and are unlikely to get any symptoms , until we are home, if at all why would anyone test onboard? No test, no positive,no quarantine. No worries. Come on RCL copy P&O.

I’m sailing with P&O on Saturday (but will be back in time spot you on Silhouette 😉😄) and you DO have to test, (and provide proof of same) the day before your cruise or day of.  Unlike Celebrity it does not have to be an observed test however.  Did I misunderstand?

Please ignore.  I’ve just seen the thread about its being scrapped on Iona.  I’m pleased it’s still in effect on my cruise and hope they retain the need on X too, for a while longer at least.

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello again from Guernsey. After a dull start we have had lovely sunshine again.

I’d booked online a while ago to see Victor Hugo’s house in St Peter Port while he was in exile there. The tour was by a French lady and was very interesting. It was an incredible house, don’t think I’ve even seen anything like it! At the top he’d built a lovely airy room with great views of the sea — another cruise ship was in!

0626F69A-E37A-4B94-A509-3739D71EECD7.jpeg

7719F73A-E039-4480-A30D-7A771A8ADCC5.jpeg

58619A2C-0134-4D8C-86E7-873F3A5B368B.jpeg

022FE273-6875-4D1B-B68A-B0910299DF16.jpeg

It’s an amazing place we went there on our short cruise to Guernsey a few years ago. If I remember correctly the guides are always of French nationality. 

• Like 1

Hi all,caught the 6.30 airport bus,11.30 plane,3hr flight and were home indoors by 3.Surprised the only mandatory masks were on the Federico public bus service,everywhere else including airport and Ryanair plane is optional.

• Like 3

We are going to the Easter Med on Azura in September. My passport was due to expire in Feb 2023 (10 years after date of issue). I had heard lots of horror stories about how long it took to renew a passport so I sent my online application on 6th of June. My new one arrived today after 16 days. Very impressed with the service, regular updating on where in the process my new passport. 12 weeks before we sail so that’s one thing ticked off the list.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

We are going to the Easter Med on Azura in September. My passport was due to expire in Feb 2023 (10 years after date of issue). I had heard lots of horror stories about how long it took to renew a passport so I sent my online application on 6th of June. My new one arrived today after 16 days. Very impressed with the service, regular updating on where in the process my new passport. 12 weeks before we sail so that’s one thing ticked off the list.

Ours came back within SIX days can you believe!!!!!

14 hours ago, zap99 said:

Why would they test?

Currently you are asked to report covid symptoms to the Medical Centre who will test you. If positive you are taken to an isolation cabin.The email about pre covid testing does not say you will no longer be asked to do this and it does not say you will not be required to isolate if you test positive. So I am just asking for clarification.

42 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Hot sunny day today, so, drum roll,

BIN WASHING DAY !

Older readers will remember that back in 2020, even the most menial of tasks broke the monotony of lock down.

Not trying to back you into a corner Wowzz but don't you think that shed floors getting ready

for a lick of paint again :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, kalos said:

Not trying to back you into a corner Wowzz but don't you think that shed floors getting ready

for a lick of paint again :classic_wink:

Your memory is better than mine !

Are you trying to take over from my wife in trying to find me work to do !😁

• Haha 6