P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

31 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

That’s even more amazing. It’s a great relief when you receive it, isn’t it?

It was as the week before we lost our week on Marella due to our original passport’s didn’t have enough days left from the issue date even though we had eleven months until expiry , a very expensive oversight🥵

4 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Currently you are asked to report covid symptoms to the Medical Centre who will test you. If positive you are taken to an isolation cabin.The email about pre covid testing does not say you will no longer be asked to do this and it does not say you will not be required to isolate if you test positive. So I am just asking for clarification.

If you had a runny nose, I wonder how many folk would go to the medical centre to be tested, knowing they could be due for a spell in quarantine. Not many I suspect.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I’m sailing with P&O on Saturday (but will be back in time spot you on Silhouette 😉😄) and you DO have to test, (and provide proof of same) the day before your cruise or day of.  Unlike Celebrity it does not have to be an observed test however.  Did I misunderstand?

Please ignore.  I’ve just seen the thread about its being scrapped on Iona.  I’m pleased it’s still in effect on my cruise and hope they retain the need on X too, for a while longer at least.

I too hope X keep testing in place for a while longer. About 3 weeks longer.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

I wonder if the Guernsey guides are actually French, or just Channel Islanders whose first language is French?   

They might be from Portsmouth and put on a French accent to keep the tourists 'appy.🤣

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, Snow Hill said:

Never had a problem with motors burning out on the 3 Capturs I have owned all the mirrors folded OK. As I said in a separate post Renault informed me that the missing chips for the mirrors will be retrofitted to Capturs and Arkanes as soon as they are available. 

Just had confirmation from our Renault dealer that the folding wing mirrors will be fitted to our Clio probably on its 1st service if not before. Thanks for the heads up, so much for motors burning out!

Lovely sunny hot day here today so no bin washing here Wowzz to hot for that 😂 so we decided to go to the beach this morning so walked the 10 mins to beach , had egg sandwiches and a bottle of rose Cabernet d’ Anjou , beach empty almost and it got very hot down there but water was still cold , home now for a snooze 😴 

• Like 4

Just now, Purdey16 said:

Lovely sunny hot day here today so no bin washing here Wowzz to hot for that 😂 so we decided to go to the beach this morning so walked the 10 mins to beach , had egg sandwiches and a bottle of rose Cabernet d’ Anjou , beach empty almost and it got very hot down there but water was still cold , home now for a snooze 😴 

Forgot my pictures 

41F9A94C-F680-4FF2-945C-F27EF0DCCBF9.jpeg

AA047D51-55F8-49BF-89EF-CBB3ADF28E65.jpeg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, lincslady said:

I wonder if the Guernsey guides are actually French, or just Channel Islanders whose first language is French?   

The house was left to the City of Paris upon the death of Victor Hugo, the house is operated by the Paris Museums and guides are employed by them. The guide we had said the house is effectively a little bit of France in Guernsey.

If you fancy a seasonal job this link gives the qualifications needed. 

https://www.maisonsvictorhugo.paris.fr/en/professionals/seasonal-guides-hauteville-house-guernesey

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

Morning everyone, hope you are all keeping well. 

It looks a beautiful day here again today. Hubby has just set off for a walk on the beach with the dogs.

We are taking my mum away tomorrow for a Warner’s break in Wales so looking forward to that.

Going across to Yorkshire today to drop dogs at dog sitters and was getting my hair cut and coloured and my nails done. But unfortunately my hairdresser tested positive for the dreaded you know what yesterday so my appointment is cancelled. 

There has been some lovely pictures posted recently, keep them coming!! 

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing 

Michelle

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Hi folks, I am back. Anything important I need to know?  

Yup, I've washed my bins, and had fish and chips in Cleethorpes !

Welcome back - did you have a good a time as me ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Hi folks, I am back. Anything important I need to know?  

We have all been good and enjoyed a bit of a heat wave which ends today .

If your out and about it maybe a good idea to have your brolly handy :classic_unsure:

Hope your cruise went well for you .:classic_love:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

We have all been good and enjoyed a bit of a heat wave which ends today .

If your out and about it maybe a good idea to have your brolly handy :classic_unsure:

Hope your cruise went well for you .:classic_love:

Was hoping the heat would continue to Saturday as going to see Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons Saturday night ,       and its outside🤔  And if it could be nice next week that would be useful as going to a cottage in the Yorkshire dales for four nights👍   

• Like 7

Thanks everyone. Food and service was superb, weather a tad too hot - usually around 28 - 30 C but it's been too long since I visited the Med and it is as magical as ever.

• Like 7

Welcome back Sharon glad you had a good cruise.

Weather is warm and sunny down here, supposed to change tomorrow.

Learn yesterday that after spending the weekend in Rome my son, daughter and her husband have  covid, not a souvenir that you want to come home with🙄 Their main concern about going was the situation at Bristol airport with it's queues and wondering if Easy Jet would cancel their flights! 

19 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Welcome back Sharon glad you had a good cruise.

Weather is warm and sunny down here, supposed to change tomorrow.

Learn yesterday that after spending the weekend in Rome my son, daughter and her husband have  covid, not a souvenir that you want to come home with🙄 Their main concern about going was the situation at Bristol airport with it's queues and wondering if Easy Jet would cancel their flights! 

Stansted is running like clockwork at the mo.In fact at passport control it only took 5 mins.Hopefully Bristol will be the same soon.