P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Sorry about the Covid. Haven't caught up yet with the Bristol airport situation but it was bad a week or so ago. I had a great cruise thanks. Trouble is Saga spoil you for P&O!

On 6/22/2022 at 7:23 AM, Snow Hill said:

It’s an amazing place we went there on our short cruise to Guernsey a few years ago. If I remember correctly the guides are always of French nationality. 

Yes they are French. It was an incredible house, the pictures don’t do it justice. We saw another tour where it seemed the group were French.

• Like 1

Hello all again, had a brilliant day yesterday as it was hot and sunny from the start and we took a trip to Herm island. 
There is a bus stop outside our hotel and all journeys are £1-25 so we decided to take the bus to St Peter Port to catch the ferry. We had a nice pub lunch on Herm and then lazed on a beach.

After we got back to St Peter Port we had a coffee before we went to get a bus back - we ended up waiting an hour!! The bus journey is about 30 mins so we were very glad to get back at about 7pm!Here are some pics from the boat and on the beach at Herm. We went past an Azamara  cruise ship in port.

C9009A5F-77CD-4707-BECF-06F9C17052C0.jpeg

5730B745-BF7F-465D-8FBB-CABFF6B5502A.jpeg

144CD155-E140-4384-9B5C-00F919A589FC.jpeg

9FABBA09-CE46-43D7-AA72-ADE40FFB9104.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 8

Today started a bit drizzly so we went to the Occupation museum and Guernsey Pearl. Then the weather brightened up so we drove round the coast stopping at a couple of forts and taking pictures.

Early evening we pretended we were in France as we went to the Crepe place again and this time were seated by the window with this great view. 

112734B1-ECF2-4F1F-9F0B-3230CB9F5F84.jpeg

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Today started a bit drizzly so we went to the Occupation museum and Guernsey Pearl. Then the weather brightened up so we drove round the coast stopping at a couple of forts and taking pictures.

Early evening we pretended we were in France as we went to the Crepe place again and this time were seated by the window with this great view. 

112734B1-ECF2-4F1F-9F0B-3230CB9F5F84.jpeg

In Guernsey we saw Britannia in her first season. We joined her for her maiden Caribbean. The weather in Barbados was better than Guernsey.🤣

20150911_120821.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

In Guernsey we saw Britannia in her first season. We joined her for her maiden Caribbean. The weather in Barbados was better than Guernsey.🤣

20150911_120821.jpg

Ventura is due in tomorrow, I hope she makes it!

• Like 1

Hi all,thought we'd go to Basingstoke for a couple of days next week to see SIL and husband.Went to book car hire,£100 per day,no way Jose,back in May it was £250 for 7 days.Letting the train and freedom pass take the strain.Zone 6 to Basingstone return for 2 £72 and buses from there.Just a couple of cabs to Premier inn from SIL £12 per trip.No brainer,these firms are gonna go bust at those rates.Rant over,cheers, Brian.

• Like 5

We're looking forward to this tomorrow, luckily at our local park so just a short walk away and we may have a few drinks (who am I trying to kid with the "may" bit!). 

None of the acts are particular favourites of mine but I'm really looking forward to some live music and a good day out.

289489253_5213398085442974_404826232149420779_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s960x960&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=340051&_nc_ohc=XBpmYzvs2NwAX89q-ZM&_nc_ht=scontent.flba3-2.fna&oh=00_AT92EyqCoVKSF_RcV6TsNKl6u4oipPfHBDRS5hE9d3Os6g&oe=62BB4028

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 6

As you can tell from the photo, it’s not P&O! We boarded Enchanted Princess yesterday after a stressful few days! Set up Medallion App about 5 weeks ago and uploaded our Covid passes. Ordered the Medallion which was ready for us at Ocean terminal.  The Covid passes were still pending approval when we boarded! Did a Prenetics supervised test on Zoom on Wednesday - after registering and setting up our profiles three weeks ago. I also uploaded our certificates which arrived within the hour and they were also pending approval yesterday. Same for everyone! They still wanted too see copies yesterday. 
The app doesn’t work everywhere - it keeps logging out and there were queues waiting for help last night. There are QR codes on tables for the drink menus but they don’t work anywhere and paper copies are few and far between. Small niggles but we know by now what mocktails they have - a first timer wouldn’t know.

Enchanted Princess can take 3600 passengers. The cruise director last night announced that there are 2600 onboard - 69% full. 1200 are first time Princess cruisers and there are 250 Elite passengers. 48 nations are represented. Service is good thus far and the atrium area by the International Cafe on deck 5 us lovely and spacious. Turn down last night and fresh towels provided. Lovely airy ship, very very clean. 
About 5 weeks ago on the app I had booked 7.20 dinner, Capri restaurant for the 7 nights. When we got there last night I was told that it was still first come first serve but that I could try the other door! The second lady I spoke to was far more efficient and led us in straight away! 

We spoke to some other passengers later on and they were all totally confused with the system! We’ll see tonight what happens! 
That’s all for now. I know this is the P&O board but I don’t mind answering some questions if that’s ok! 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

One thing that’s very very evident is that everyone seems to be looking at their phone due to the app. And we’re not talking about youngsters but middle aged and older! 

One of the joys of cruising used to be having people look at you instead of at their mobiles etc , and in my case leaving it in the safe in the cabin. They also kill the art of conversation

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We’ve just seen a Japanese war ship & sailors sailing under Tower Bridge, photo isn’t good as it’s taken through a dirty window.

C1CC015A-814F-47FE-BA41-D1051C7C6B54.jpeg

It is called the Kashima and their leading training ship, was she going downstream as they are going to exercise with the RN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

One thing that’s very very evident is that everyone seems to be looking at their phone due to the app. And we’re not talking about youngsters but middle aged and older! 

Not sure why people need to use their phones. We managed perfectly fine on our Princess cruise without using our phones once ! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

It is called the Kashima and their leading training ship, was she going downstream as they are going to exercise with the RN

She was facing upstream but was being towed downstream. Quite an impressive and unusual sight.

5 hours ago, Ardennais said:

As you can tell from the photo, it’s not P&O! We boarded Enchanted Princess yesterday after a stressful few days! Set up Medallion App about 5 weeks ago and uploaded our Covid passes. Ordered the Medallion which was ready for us at Ocean terminal.  The Covid passes were still pending approval when we boarded! Did a Prenetics supervised test on Zoom on Wednesday - after registering and setting up our profiles three weeks ago. I also uploaded our certificates which arrived within the hour and they were also pending approval yesterday. Same for everyone! They still wanted too see copies yesterday. 
The app doesn’t work everywhere - it keeps logging out and there were queues waiting for help last night. There are QR codes on tables for the drink menus but they don’t work anywhere and paper copies are few and far between. Small niggles but we know by now what mocktails they have - a first timer wouldn’t know.

Enchanted Princess can take 3600 passengers. The cruise director last night announced that there are 2600 onboard - 69% full. 1200 are first time Princess cruisers and there are 250 Elite passengers. 48 nations are represented. Service is good thus far and the atrium area by the International Cafe on deck 5 us lovely and spacious. Turn down last night and fresh towels provided. Lovely airy ship, very very clean. 
About 5 weeks ago on the app I had booked 7.20 dinner, Capri restaurant for the 7 nights. When we got there last night I was told that it was still first come first serve but that I could try the other door! The second lady I spoke to was far more efficient and led us in straight away! 

We spoke to some other passengers later on and they were all totally confused with the system! We’ll see tonight what happens! 
That’s all for now. I know this is the P&O board but I don’t mind answering some questions if that’s ok! 

Thanks for the details and lovely photo.

I'm booked on Enchanted Princess in October so I'm very interested, although I expect her to be similar to Sky Princess, which we sailed in March.

We've just boarded Arcadia, deluxe balcony and although everything is very clean, it feels dowdy after Sky Princess. I can tell we have a family with 'excited' children next door and they appear to be door slammers to boot. I'm sure it will be wonderful nonetheless 😉.

I wish you a happy, covid-free cruise.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not sure why people need to use their phones. We managed perfectly fine on our Princess cruise without using our phones once ! 

To make dinner reservations, view and book shore excursions, view drink menus I suppose. No paper copies and therefore no drop off boxes for booking shorex. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks for the details and lovely photo.

I'm booked on Enchanted Princess in October so I'm very interested, although I expect her to be similar to Sky Princess, which we sailed in March.

We've just boarded Arcadia, deluxe balcony and although everything is very clean, it feels dowdy after Sky Princess. I can tell we have a family with 'excited' children next door and they appear to be door slammers to boot. I'm sure it will be wonderful nonetheless 😉.

I wish you a happy, covid-free cruise.

Lets hope they quieten down as the excitement subsides, however our dealings with door slammers, no matter where, is they don't consider other people either through ignorance or habit , personally it is something we never have and never will do, no matter what time of day or night it is .Hope you enjoy Arcadia although  its probably an understatement that she may feel a little "outdated " after Sky Princess. Happy sailing!!

• Like 1

I wonder where they’ll make their money on this sailing. We went for the Princess Plus fare which includes drinks, Wifi and Grats. Still a cheap cruise even allowing for that. Bought a bar of soap for $3 and a cap for $12 - my husband when packing could only find a cap with Russia on it so needed a new one! I struggle to see what else will be on our account as we’re not doing any excursions! 

Hello all, just reporting in, four days into our cruise on the lovely Ambience and all is good. We are in Rejkavic today and have a beautiful sunny day albeit a bit on the cool side we managed a couple of hours laid in the sun once we had looked around. The ship, staff, food and entertainment have all been good. The ship is only just over half full and there are no COVID restrictions so far. The food in the buffet is being served but I prefer that anytime. I will try and update when we reach Greenland. We met up with Barbara (Tring) and Alan first day.

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 8