P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Wow, so much to catch up on as usual, I haven’t looked since only Friday! 😁

@wowzz so sorry to hear about your local pub closing, it’s so hard for so many businesses. Enjoy Devon.

This time next week we should be in North Devon and as it’s Johns special birthday on the Monday I phoned a Tapas restaurant that looked good near the house we’re renting and booked . I’m glad I did as they’re just doing two sittings, 6pm and 8pm, it’s almost like being on a cruise 😃. I did think of booking somewhere for another night but I don’t want to be tied down too much and have to rush about, we’ll see what happens! We expect to eat in more than we usually do on holiday.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SeaJane said:

It is our 45th wedding anniversary today - how did that happen? We are still down in Cornwall, we’ve been here 3 weeks now and have decided to stay until next weekend. Lovely sunny day again today with a fresh breeze so we are going for a walk along the cliff path before a celebratory dinner and a bottle of Cornish bubbly. 

Congratulations, you must have been a child bride... 😊👰

Andy 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Wow!  That’s impressive. You’ll have saved an absolute fortune. There was a time when we might have tackled some (not all!) of that, but these days it’s just not possible and I’m still reeling from the cost of the patio a few weeks back.

My skills have always been seriously limited (wife rather better) though, and it’s usually cheaper to pay for the job to be done properly than sort out the mess I’ve made of it.

When we were young and the car broke, (no new cars then). My husband would work overtime to pay for it to be fixed rather than do it himself. After a few disastrous experiences!

Horses for courses.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, happy v said:

When we were young and the car broke, (no new cars then). My husband would work overtime to pay for it to be fixed rather than do it himself. After a few disastrous experiences!

Horses for courses.

Quite. I used to carry out the pretty basic task of an oil change  on our Beetle way, way back. But almost every time a one hour job ended up taking half a day, so I gave up.

As you say, horses for courses.

Garages all the way, and professional tradesmen as soon as we could afford it. 

• Like 1

I noticed a lot of you are going along the self catering route this year for obvious reasons.Likewise with us.We normally have 3 stopovers on our drive home in Dec at nice hotels in nice locations visiting Christmas markets etc culminating in lunch on the ferry.This year we are renting apartments,bringing our own food and getting the Channel train home.At least we should be safe, especially in France.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 4

On a positive note ......

After losing my fur baby, and thank you for all your condolences, I can actually think about him  now and not burst into tears but a gentle weep.

BUT  I  booked another cruise!!!!!! Just a quick jaunt to Fjords for a week on my own (husband hasn't enough annual leave left!!!!)on MSC.I status matched and have wanted to try them for a while.

I really need something to look forward to and in a strange way ,if it doesn't happen,so be it, BUT I need the hope, the excitement and anticipation,if that  makes sense! I had a most  enjoyable  weekend  looking for pre cruise hotels  and " what to do" in ports of calls.

That's almost  being back to normal 😁

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

After losing my fur baby, and thank you for all your condolences, I can actually think about him  now and not burst into tears but a gentle weep.

BUT  I  booked another cruise!!!!!! Just a quick jaunt to Fjords for a week on my own (husband hasn't enough annual leave left!!!!)on MSC.I status matched and have wanted to try them for a while.

I really need something to look forward to and in a strange way ,if it doesn't happen,so be it, BUT I need the hope, the excitement and anticipation,if that  makes sense! I had a most  enjoyable  weekend  looking for pre cruise hotels  and " what to do" in ports of calls.

It's nice to have things to look forward to which helps us too.

Hopefully your cruise goes ahead as planned.

Graham.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

When have you booked your cruise for?

Edited by P&O SUE

To all you posters who are taking it easy at the coast , I thought I would post this little classic :classic_smile:

( OK WHICH ONE OF YOU ARE ON TABLE SIX :classic_unsure:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just read in the morning paper that Saga group are under pressure, having rejected a bid at 33p per share sometime recently, they are now seeking refinancing and offering shares at 12p each. No wonder their existing shareholders are up in arms. I wonder how safe their cruising arm is in the circumstances.

55 minutes ago, kalos said:

To all you posters who are taking it easy at the coast , I thought I would post this little classic :classic_smile:

I don't know where you found those kalos, but I can only remember the seeing the first two.

Avril

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Brilliant! Haven't previously seen these

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I just read in the morning paper that Saga group are under pressure, having rejected a bid at 33p per share sometime recently, they are now seeking refinancing and offering shares at 12p each. No wonder their existing shareholders are up in arms. I wonder how safe their cruising arm is in the circumstances.

They offered the 12p shares to their shareholders first with a purchase limit based on current holdings. 

They have also just issued reduced prices to secure cruise booking for 2021/22 with 35% discounts On some cruises which make them very attractive with all the bells and whistles they offer (but a gamble at the moment as with many company to see if they will still be there in 2022).

Strange times we live in.