PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

51 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Thank you. This young man was healthy as could be. He had already passed a college fire academy and had been hired by a department and passed their very extensive physical. He was close to starting their academy when he contracted the virus. 

Good reason for EVERONE to get vaccinated as soon as possible

• Like 2

Feels like we hit the tipping point of more vaccine than demand in the South Bay Area. Wide open reservations at Levi stadium today and tomorrow (when I checked earlier this morning).

I read that the US  is saying they will start giving extra doses to other countries which I think is the right thing to do if we already have enough for those that want it in the US. Have no knowledge if it’s really being done yet or not?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Feels like we hit the tipping point of more vaccine than demand in the South Bay Area. Wide open reservations at Levi stadium today and tomorrow (when I checked earlier this morning).

I read that the US  is saying they will start giving extra doses to other countries which I think is the right thing to do if we already have enough for those that want it in the US. Have no knowledge if it’s really being done yet or not?

Today's news says the US will be giving away millions of doses of the AZ vaccine. I believe the AZ vaccine is still to be approved in the US but the article said when it is approved there will be as many as 60 million doses sent to other countries "in the coming months".

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

Three things:

1) I had a (very rare) fantastic hair day, with almost no effort, just a quick brushing.

2) Hubby actually noticed how great my hair looked.

3) The aforementioned colonoscopy went great: "Clean as a whistle, nothing to biopsy, keep doing what you're doing, I'll see you in five years."

Okay, four things:

What a waste of a great hair day! I spent the rest of the day sitting on the couch waiting for the sedation drugs to wear off. I'm still pretty loopy.

Carry on. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Three things:

1) I had a (very rare) fantastic hair day, with almost no effort, just a quick brushing.

2) Hubby actually noticed how great my hair looked.

3) The aforementioned colonoscopy went great: "Clean as a whistle, nothing to biopsy, keep doing what you're doing, I'll see you in five years."

Okay, four things:

What a waste of a great hair day! I spent the rest of the day sitting on the couch waiting for the sedation drugs to wear off. I'm still pretty loopy.

Carry on. 

Thanks for sharing. Happy to hear you OK. 
Tony

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MamaFej said:

1) I had a (very rare) fantastic hair day,

I always have a fantastic hair day when I get my wife to "mow" my hair with the clippers. I wish it would just freaking stay that way instead of trying to grow out. Oddly enough, I actually prefer the way my hair is now to how it used to be. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier. In the "old days" I had women tell me they would "kill" to have my hair. Oddly enough, women never tell me that these days.  🤪 I have always washed my hair every day. Maybe you can figure out why the current hair style is easier.

Old hair vs current hair:

m1 - 2.jpg

Michael.jpg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 12

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

I always have a fantastic hair day when I get my wife to "mow" my hair with the clippers. I wish it would just freaking stay that way instead of trying to grow out. Oddly enough, I actually prefer the way my hair is now to how it used to be. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier. In the "old days" I had women tell me they would "kill" to have my hair. Oddly enough, women never tell me that these days.  🤪 I have always washed my hair every day. Maybe you can figure out why the current hair style is easier.

m1 - 2.jpg

Michael.jpg

This brings back memories of when I looked like Stephen Stills and now I don’t even need a comb

Today Marj and I celebrated our 20th anniversary with a trip to Longwood Gardens near Philadelphia followed by dinner. We had hoped to do something on a grander scale such as a cruise to celebrate this landmark anniversary but it is what it is. We have our makeup for Sucky Covid Anniversaries, Birthdays and Holidays scheduled on the Enchanted Princess in March.

Everyone have a great rest of the week!

Edited by Doug R.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

Today Marj and I celebrated our 20th anniversary with a trip to Longwood Gardens near Philadelphia followed by dinner. We had hoped to do something on a grander scale such as a cruise to celebrate this landmark anniversary but it is what it is. We have our makeup for Sucky Covid Anniversaries, Birthdays and Holidays scheduled on the Enchanted Princess in March.

Everyone have a great rest of the week!

Congratulations Doug & Marj.

I hope next year that you get to celebrate your 21 anniversary on a great cruise. 🍾 🥂😁

Tony

• Like 2

Not great covid news from our county as cases continue to increase (quadrupled), hospitalizations on the rise, with a high number of new cases in the young.  

On the positive side we’ve got the fence guy coming by today to discuss composite fencing for our yard.  Had first wanted wood, but we’re in red zone for fire with most of the fence on the crest of a steep incline that makes for treacherous footing and hillside erosion.  We hope to be here for another 15 years, so will bite the bullet and get something that won’t burn or require maintenance  Tough part is finding an acceptable composite material, and the very long lead-time needed for building materials these days.  Yikes!

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 7:53 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Congratulations Doug & Marj.

I hope next year that you get to celebrate your 21 anniversary on a great cruise. 🍾 🥂😁

Tony

Tony,

If you're on a March  2022 Enchanted out of FLL, why not jump ship and join us on the Enchanted on 4-9-22 out of FLL for a 25 night cruise to Scandanavia, Estonia, Russia, etc.?

We're really excited about this very long cruise to some very interesting places.  After arriving in Copenhagen we fly to Southampton for a few days before sailing back to NYC on the QM2 from 5-8-22 to 5-15-22.  You would be right back in your neighborhood when we arrive and no flight back to the US.

26 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

Estonia is one of our favorite places - wonderful old town.  Sounds like a great cruise!

I'm hoping to spend time there too before my TA cruise next September!

GOOD NEWS:: SF Symphony performances at Davies Symphony Hall return in May. Life returns

• Like 1

We arrived home yesterday, from our 18 night trailer trip. Wow, we some gorgeous country including Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Death Valley National Park and Nevada's Valley of Fire State Park. Basically, we experienced fantastic weather.

Our yard is beautiful with blooming flowers and new green leaves. Our hummingbirds and other birds have temporarily deserted us and hopefully they will return. They have previously returned after various trips.

And................... hopefully, next May 5th, we will look forward to flying to London for pre-cruise fun prior to boarding the Emerald Princess! (the Crown was switched to the Emerald).

• Like 6

On 4/27/2021 at 11:24 PM, Thrak said:

m1 - 2.jpg

Michael.jpg

Great hair!😄

So, I'm now the proud parent of TWO college graduates. At least, I think I am. My daughter allegedly graduated today. Despite CDC, state, and county guidelines, the college decided that these students did not deserve a graduation.The college even repeatedly lied to both parents and students in multiple emails, claiming that a ceremony was impossible. The fact that many other colleges are holding graduations that comply with guidelines is completely irrelevant. 

My daughter was so disappointed, sad, and angry, that she didn't even want to watch the streamed slide show "ceremony." She asked if we could just go to dinner at Yardhouse instead, so we did. I was heartbroken, but, I decided that this was HER graduation after four years of HER hard work. If this was what she truly wanted, then I would support it. After dinner, PapaFej logged onto Facebook and saw on the Class of 2021 Parents page that the streamed cerenony was a disaster. MANY graduates were completely skipped, some had their second degrees ignored, names were misspelled, degrees were listed incorrectly, etc. 

I'm proud to say that my daughter did get a job offer last night, and is in the running for more, including in her dream district. She will be employed full-time soon, and will be able to resign from her fast food job (AND start paying rent---woot!). 

It just breaks my heart that the univesrsity to which we gave an enormous amount of money over the last four years has chosen to be so indifferent. Last year, our youngest at least got to have a drive-through high school graduation, and was handed his diploma cover, onstage, by his principal. with many masked teachers in attnedance. The school did the absolute best they could have possibly done, given the circumstances. They truly cared, and even made the national news for doing the right thing. 

I'm quite confident that the university will soon be reaching out to us and our daughter to donate. We never would have been able to afford this school without multiple very, very large scholarships. Giving back is the right thing to do. Nonetheless. it will probably be a long time before I will be donating to this school. We will likely give a bit more to our sons' schools. 

--------------------------------------

I'll be nice and pleasant again eventually. I'm simply not capable of being so right now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Tony,

If you're on a March  2022 Enchanted out of FLL, why not jump ship and join us on the Enchanted on 4-9-22 out of FLL for a 25 night cruise to Scandanavia, Estonia, Russia, etc.?

We're really excited about this very long cruise to some very interesting places.  After arriving in Copenhagen we fly to Southampton for a few days before sailing back to NYC on the QM2 from 5-8-22 to 5-15-22.  You would be right back in your neighborhood when we arrive and no flight back to the US.

Hi 1980dory,

Thank you for thinking of me. I’m not sure if I’ll be taking a cruise for a while with all the virus restrictions.

I don’t feel safe with all the crew & passengers not being vaccinated. Now that’s just me. 
I just updated and remodeled the inside of The Rowboat and plan spending more time on it.

Look for me when your sailing back to NYC I might be there look for The Rowboat 🚣‍♀️ 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

F82EB6F2-D549-455D-BE64-9BAB467AB290.jpeg

• Like 2

We’re interested in booking Alaska in 2023.  Our very favorite itinerary and we cancelled 2 cruises there in the past couple of years, so it will be our first “back to cruising” reservation.  Love B2B because 7 days just isn’t enough time to unwind and there is always so much to enjoy.  That gives us two years to find a house sitter to take care of the cat we inherited last year.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980dory,

Thank you for thinking of me. I’m not sure if I’ll be taking a cruise for a while with all the virus restrictions.

I don’t feel safe with all the crew & passengers not being vaccinated. Now that’s just me. 
I just updated and remodeled the inside of The Rowboat and plan spending more time on it.

Look for me when your sailing back to NYC I might be there look for The Rowboat 🚣‍♀️ 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

F82EB6F2-D549-455D-BE64-9BAB467AB290.jpeg

Tony  that is a nice place to relax.

21 hours ago, MamaFej said:

So, I'm now the proud parent of TWO college graduates. At least, I think I am. My daughter allegedly graduated today. Despite CDC, state, and county guidelines, the college decided that these students did not deserve a graduation.The college even repeatedly lied to both parents and students in multiple emails, claiming that a ceremony was impossible. The fact that many other colleges are holding graduations that comply with guidelines is completely irrelevant. 

My daughter was so disappointed, sad, and angry, that she didn't even want to watch the streamed slide show "ceremony." She asked if we could just go to dinner at Yardhouse instead, so we did. I was heartbroken, but, I decided that this was HER graduation after four years of HER hard work. If this was what she truly wanted, then I would support it. After dinner, PapaFej logged onto Facebook and saw on the Class of 2021 Parents page that the streamed cerenony was a disaster. MANY graduates were completely skipped, some had their second degrees ignored, names were misspelled, degrees were listed incorrectly, etc. 

I'm proud to say that my daughter did get a job offer last night, and is in the running for more, including in her dream district. She will be employed full-time soon, and will be able to resign from her fast food job (AND start paying rent---woot!). 

It just breaks my heart that the univesrsity to which we gave an enormous amount of money over the last four years has chosen to be so indifferent. Last year, our youngest at least got to have a drive-through high school graduation, and was handed his diploma cover, onstage, by his principal. with many masked teachers in attnedance. The school did the absolute best they could have possibly done, given the circumstances. They truly cared, and even made the national news for doing the right thing. 

I'm quite confident that the university will soon be reaching out to us and our daughter to donate. We never would have been able to afford this school without multiple very, very large scholarships. Giving back is the right thing to do. Nonetheless. it will probably be a long time before I will be donating to this school. We will likely give a bit more to our sons' schools. 

--------------------------------------

I'll be nice and pleasant again eventually. I'm simply not capable of being so right now. 

I feel for your daughter. 

I finished grad school last spring--we didn't have a ceremony either. They did a virtual, but I was at work and couldn't/didn't watch. We were invited to this spring's ceremony, but it would have been a full university with individual colleges (go College of Nursing!) sitting together. And no individual college ceremonies--which was all I was interested in. And honestly, it just wouldn't mean anything a year out. At least I have a pretty framed diploma hanging on the wall to prove I graduated.

I got my undergrad from the same university (go ECU!), so they've been trying to get money from me for years.

It especially bites since so much focus was put on high school seniors missing so much, but it's (mostly) a rite of passage, including proms. College attendance and graduation is harder and voluntary. Even in my mid-50s, I felt cheated out of the ceremony. Big hugs to your daughter. And congratulations!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

We’re interested in booking Alaska in 2023.  Our very favorite itinerary and we cancelled 2 cruises there in the past couple of years, so it will be our first “back to cruising” reservation.  Love B2B because 7 days just isn’t enough time to unwind and there is always so much to enjoy.  That gives us two years to find a house sitter to take care of the cat we inherited last year.  

I’m assuming Alaska 2023 will be released later in 2021???