Celebrity Cruisers - How are Things where YOU are?

Host Anne

We did okay with the snow storm,..we are located in the middle of LI NY...Lots of other places were clobbered. We did not lose power, snow was manageable and neighbors helped shovel while we are in Fla.  I,m sure we'll have a  turn in a few weeks..going north for a small family party.  Have to go through double Covid testing even though we will have our 2nd shot by then.

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

Sunny and 79 degrees here in California. I get my first Moderna shot on Thursday and Hubby get`s Pfizer tomorrow. 

We're freezing here in southern Ontario....just a little jealous!  😉

Edited by Oceangoer2

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

As you know I am in PA near you.  Where/how did you schedule your vaccine shot?  I have not been successful.

Hi TR,

Crazy as to how we wound up with a vaccine appointment. An acquaintance of mine who is part of a local environmental group sent me a link to Rite-Aid pharmacy, indicating that there are appointment openings for this month and next. SHE got it simply by her husband being on some twitter site where someone mentioned it. So weird. I mean, it wasn't even in the local (Reading) newspaper!! Anyway, went on the website - chose the local pharmacy - and after a few tries was able to snag an appointment. Thing is...how can these various dispensing agencies even know that they'll have enough doses 2-3 weeks from now? The whole process surely leaves alot to be desired. So, we'll see what happens next week when we get there. Even weirder is that the final confirmation screen indicated that they will schedule the 2nd dose while we're there, and yet the email version of the confirmation said that WE need to schedule the 2nd dose. Upon trying to do so, I had no luck. 

How'd you manage with the storm? We're very rural so our roads get drifted. Stuck a yardstick at the highest point where my driveway drifts shut and it was a few inches over the top, so I had a good nearly 3 hours of blowing / shoveling. Dude...gettin' too old for some of this!!   

Sorry to hear of the extreme weather event in the east. We are having a typical wet coast winter, it was a balmy 9 celsius today with light rain. I hope that the weather doesn't effect very many vaccinations. Stay safe everyone and don't over do with the dig out.

Edited by Blackduck59
punctuation

9 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

don't over do with the dig out.

Yeah, it was a job - as always. This is our driveway. The top 10 inches or so was all powder, but below that was layers of frozen stuff - so had to constantly pull it down from the drifts and chop it up with a metal snow shovel first before being able to blow it. Here you can see I stuck a yard stick in the tallest drift - went a few inches above the top!!!  Roughly 3 hours to get it open at least enough so that we can back the cars out. Part of the driveway turnaround area remains buried under feet of snow.  Life in rural Berks County during the winter!!!  I'm ready for spring....

IMG_1026.jpeg

IMG_1027.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Hi TR,

Crazy as to how we wound up with a vaccine appointment. An acquaintance of mine who is part of a local environmental group sent me a link to Rite-Aid pharmacy, indicating that there are appointment openings for this month and next. SHE got it simply by her husband being on some twitter site where someone mentioned it. So weird. I mean, it wasn't even in the local (Reading) newspaper!! Anyway, went on the website - chose the local pharmacy - and after a few tries was able to snag an appointment. Thing is...how can these various dispensing agencies even know that they'll have enough doses 2-3 weeks from now? The whole process surely leaves alot to be desired. So, we'll see what happens next week when we get there. Even weirder is that the final confirmation screen indicated that they will schedule the 2nd dose while we're there, and yet the email version of the confirmation said that WE need to schedule the 2nd dose. Upon trying to do so, I had no luck. 

How'd you manage with the storm? We're very rural so our roads get drifted. Stuck a yardstick at the highest point where my driveway drifts shut and it was a few inches over the top, so I had a good nearly 3 hours of blowing / shoveling. Dude...gettin' too old for some of this!!   

Thanks I am actually part of that RiteAid study.  But never got an email.

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We got over a foot with good sized drifts too.  It is still snowing right now (Wed morning).  Started on Sunday afternoon!

We live in Carlisle, PA and got only 8 inches.  On another note, so excited that I got a Covid-19 vaccine appointment today for my 86 year old dad!  Will work on getting one for my husband and myself on another day or week or month.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Neither did I. The link to the rite aid pharmacy covid appt. screen was sent to me by someone I know in the community. She got it from her husband who got it from some twitter site. 

Glad it worked but it is so frustrating that the process for getting a vaccine in PA even for the people who are qualified for it right now is so difficult and random.

Compared to other now-blighted locations

life here in Barbados is not so bad, despite Lockdown version 2.0

until Feb. 18th.

At lease we're allowed out of the pen, to exercise on beaches and in parks

(with appropriate social cautions!) from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m.

And we have two big Celebrity cruisers anchored well offshore

biding their time. Reflection and Silhouette.

DSCN0207.JPG

DSCN0209.JPG

DSCN0205.JPG

DSCN0206.JPG

BBay-768.jpg

2Celebrities.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

it is so frustrating that the process for getting a vaccine in PA even for the people who are qualified for it right now is so difficult and random.

I know. Last I read PA is ranked 49th in vaccine distribution efficiency. So now Wolf won't endear himself to many people by proposing to raise the PA income tax rates, although there are some breaks for lower income situations. 

Dude...you're killing me 😮  What sort of boat is it in that last pic? Snorkeling trip? Do you live right on beachfront?  The water in that first pic (of the second set that you posted) looks just amazing. I could soooo be there right now. Can just imagine how it would feel. At the very least, you're making me want to open our pool (currently buried by 2+ feet of snow at most places.) 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, OUBaylor1 said:

On another note, so excited that I got a Covid-19 vaccine appointment today for my 86 year old dad!  Will work on getting one for my husband and myself on another day or week or month.

Awesome!! Best of luck with all the injections....looking forward to ours next week. 

2 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Compared to other now-blighted locations

life here in Barbados is not so bad, despite Lockdown version 2.0

until Feb. 18th.

At lease we're allowed out of the pen, to exercise on beaches and in parks

(with appropriate social cautions!) from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m.

And we have two big Celebrity cruisers anchored well offshore

biding their time. Reflection and Silhouette.

DSCN0207.JPG

DSCN0209.JPG

DSCN0205.JPG

DSCN0206.JPG

BBay-768.jpg

2Celebrities.JPG

Lovely memories....! thank you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Dude...you're killing me 😮  What sort of boat is it in that last pic?

Snorkeling trip? ---> Yes.

Do you live right on beachfront? ------> No, but the beach is a mile away

The water in that first pic (of the second set that you posted)

looks just amazing. ----> Normally a lot more surfy, but pic was late Aug

when the weather mellows for Hurricane season..

I could soooo be there right now. Can just imagine how it would feel.

At the very least, you're making me want to open our pool (currently buried by 2+ feet of snow at most places.) 

That red-sailed boat is one of the local coastal cruisers - Jolly Roger

Yes they do a snorkelling trips

and Lunch down the island's West Coast(mostly).

That first pic with the green leaves in the foreground
that is CRANE Beach (Hotel over on the island's South-East coast)

and I'm sitting here with the windows wide open
in nothing but a pair of surf baggies!

Now you need to go work on your pool.

Yeaahh I know you hate me but that's OK.

!THIS one current.jpg

Boardwalk nr bandStand.jpg

HalfMoon Bay, SinLawrence.jpg

Rockley Beach-1.jpg

1 minute ago, OnTheJourney said:

When we were in Barbados the one excursion we did was to Harrison's Cave - can't quite recall all the others. One was a driving tour of the island. Only ever there once. 

We've only visited on cruises to date, including one Celebrity overnight stay. Each time we've rented a car and have enjoyed seeing so much of the island. Our future plans include a week or so resort stay, followed be a cruise. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd go again. For that matter, right now I'd go just about anywhere...other than just church, doctor appointments, post office, or the grocery store. That has pretty much been it the past 10 months or so except for a few days we took for a mini-vacation in the Allegheny National Forest area in PA - and that was cut short when my wife fell and broke her arm! 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

We've only visited on cruises to date, including one Celebrity overnight stay. Each time we've rented a car and have enjoyed seeing so much of the island. Our future plans include a week or so resort stay, followed be a cruise. 

Check out the Hilton Barbados Resort.  We loved it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aplmac said:

I'm glad it helped!

In your hour of need, a few more warmers! lol

Crane-778BIG.jpg

BBay-124.jpg

!BANNER-390.jpg

!Coral sands worthing beach.jpg

Jolly Roger at lunch.jpg

Thanks .

Great photos..lovely memories of a beautiful island with very nice folks. Always look forward to visits there.. We never miss the flower stall in the  port area as well as the lovely children's clothing stores!  Hope we can return someday. And these  stores will still be there,  Love the beautiful  countryside

We took the Jolly Roger Tour in Antigua one yr..land base vacation.   Beware all...that rum punch does pack a bit of a kick!

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1