How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

I had the pneumonia vaccination a few weeks ago; was given it by the nurse at my doctor's clinic. I didn't think it hurt and I'm a bit of a woos! Didn't hurt much afterwards - a bit of tenderness for a week or so but nothing much. Had the flu shot two weeks ago - didn't hurt at all but I've been unwell ever since. All the medicos say it has nothing to do with the flu shot - just coincidence. Make sure you're really well when you have it done, is all I would say.

9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, Eva Air flies out of Brisbane, which is a big plus for me.  I used to fly Royal Brunei until they shifted to Melbourne hub.  I love Qatar, but often end up with a Cook's tour of Aus. en route overseas.  It is funny Queenslanders fly overseas out of Sydney, Melbourne  or Adelaide.  Yet Southerners, say "Fly out of Brisbane?", like it is in outer space.  It is actually on the way, and Brisbane is a lovely relaxing airport, not an excuse for a big shopping centre.  Even the people don't sweat the small stuff.  

What is hard product?

I don't have a problem with flying through Brisbane, but Eva don't have any domestic partners, so if you absolutely wanted to fly with them out of Sydney, you'd have to buy your own domestic ticket than an international ticket out of Brisbane. Aside from the extra cost, you'd also have to transfer your own luggage, plus wear the risk of late flights missing the connection. I think you can see why people from Sydney wouldn't be doing that.

Hard product refers to the seat and aircraft features/facilities i.e things that can't really change each flight (whereas food and service are soft as they can differ each flight).

9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Is EZAir separate to Princess?  Can you contact EZ Air direct?  If you don't get the answer you expect always phone again. 

EZAir is the flight ticketing offer through Princess. In Australia, you contact the same Princess call centre that handles cruise bookings, and the same reservation agents can update flights through EZAir as with the rest of the cruise booking.

38 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

I don't have a problem with flying through Brisbane, -but Eva don't have any domestic partners, so if you absolutely wanted to fly with them out of Sydney, you'd have to buy your own domestic ticket than an international ticket out of Brisbane. Aside from the extra cost, you'd also have to transfer your own luggage, plus wear the risk of late flights missing the connection. I think you can see why people from Sydney wouldn't be doing that.

Hard product refers to the seat and aircraft features/facilities i.e things that can't really change each flight (whereas food and service are soft as they can differ each flight).

Yes, I can see that wouldn't work.  The last time I flew business class with Qatar, they flew me Jet Star to Sydney.  I had to get a public bus from domestic to international - no-on could believe it.  I even had to buy a ticket, from a machine - enough said!!

The last time I flew Qantas Brisbane to Sydney to catch an international flight, the connection was too tight.  My ex pilot neighbour was horrified so checked earlier flights for me, but there were none available.  I made it, but not a great way to start a long haul flight.  So you can see why I love flying with EVA Air direct from Brisbane.  I used to enjoy Royal Brunei, for the same reason, with a stopover in Brunei, en route. 

Edited by MMDown Under

Into our 3rd week of lockdown in NZ . Jacinda has told everyone they are doing a great job and that we must stick to Level 4 .She will review the situation on 20 April and hopefully we can move down to a Level 3 or even 2.

Very frustrating with only Supermarkets and Pharmacies open and all travel banned. 
Even more frustrating as the weather this Easter has been the best I can remember for a long time . Clear blue skies , not a breath of wind and the sea looks like a sheet of glass .Very odd to look out on the Gulf  and not see any boats . Some adventurous souls packed up and went away to their holiday homes for the Easter break , but the Police had roadblocks up and turned them away . Those that did get through are getting a hard time from locals as the influx is a strain on their own supplies and water is in short supply due to the drought .

Good Friday was extremely quiet as everything was shut . 
One good thing is that everyone has learned how to cook again as all the takeaways are closed. I think many of the local dogs will be pleased when this is all over as many of them have never been for so many walks in their life. 
Let’s hope the final 2 weeks of our lockdown pass without incident.

Stay calm folks and keep washing those hands .

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Thanks for updating us David, I see that NZ has lost another due to Covid 19 but as a country you guys are setting a good example.

Both Australia and NZ can fight this plague and win. The best thing going for us both is the moat that surrounds and protects us.

The rest is over to our resolve.

5 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Into our 3rd week of lockdown in NZ . Jacinda has told everyone they are doing a great job and that we must stick to Level 4 .She will review the situation on 20 April and hopefully we can move down to a Level 3 or even 2.

Very frustrating with only Supermarkets and Pharmacies open and all travel banned. 
Even more frustrating as the weather this Easter has been the best I can remember for a long time . Clear blue skies , not a breath of wind and the sea looks like a sheet of glass .Very odd to look out on the Gulf  and not see any boats . Some adventurous souls packed up and went away to their holiday homes for the Easter break , but the Police had roadblocks up and turned them away . Those that did get through are getting a hard time from locals as the influx is a strain on their own supplies and water is in short supply due to the drought .

Good Friday was extremely quiet as everything was shut . 
One good thing is that everyone has learned how to cook again as all the takeaways are closed. I think many of the local dogs will be pleased when this is all over as many of them have never been for so many walks in their life. 
Let’s hope the final 2 weeks of our lockdown pass without incident.

Stay calm folks and keep washing those hands .

My girlfriend in NY is impressed by Jacinta's decision making and handling of the pandemic.  As things are dire in NY, I send her good positive news to help keep her spirits up. (7 in 2 family house)

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I guess it depends on your definition of "okay".  Is your 'wife' okay as well. 

Yep, sure is, she doesn't have nearly as many departures or arrivals though, I am lucky if I get one flight a day.

Have you flown from Coolangatta Airport?  It is old style where you walk to and from the plane, across the tarmac, in the tropical rain.  Ah, but the feeling when you land back in Sunny or rainy Queensland from down South is priceless.

Did you know Coolangatta Airport has closed?  Guess because no-one was going anywhere. 

Edited by MMDown Under

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Have you flown from Coolangatta Airport.  It is old style where you walk to and from the plane, across the tarmac, in the tropical rain.  Ah, but the feeling when you land back in Sunny Queensland from down South is priceless.

Did you know Coolangatta Airport has closed?  Guess because no-one was going anywhere. 

Years ago and was supposed to be flying out of there next week but that has been cancelled.