How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

For fellow Queenslanders breakfast of scrambled eggs and parsley

Toowoomba Free Range Eggs jumbo 1500 birds per hectare outdoor stocking density. Hens pecking on green grass gets me every time.  Not perfect, but better than Coles!  $6.50

Glorious sunny day at the Coast.  Found a new small beach on the Broadwater. We let the dogs go for a brief fly along one end of the deserted beach.  They are now dead to the world!

Edited by MMDown Under

29 minutes ago, possum52 said:

What idiots! They deserve time in prison. I heard that a fair percentage of those caught in Victoria were youngish males.

Leigh

This idiot was originally in isolation at his girlfriends house, (they came in on the Vasco de Gama) they fell out, so the police moved him into a hotel with other Eastern Staters, 

(WA travellers were isolated on Rotto). He then skipped off three times, all on hotel video cam. Police hauled him back, off he went again. So he got arrested at his girlfriends house, thrown into jail for 12 days and the rest is history. Now that has got to be DUMB.

Meanwhile, everyone else who was isolated with him were out and about on Apr 7th. No brainer, He'll find out what compulsory isolation is like now. He's got 30 days of it. 😷🤣

• Like 1

Into our last week of Level 4 in N Z . Jacinda will decide next Monday if we can drop back to Level 3. If so it will take place next Thursday to allow those who can open to get prepared . Level 3 not that much different except takeaways can open if they are drive through and weddings / funerals can have  groups of 10 .

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Into our last week of Level 4 in N Z . Jacinda will decide next Monday if we can drop back to Level 3. If so it will take place next Thursday to allow those who can open to get prepared . Level 3 not that much different except takeaways can open if they are drive through and weddings / funerals can have  groups of 10 .

I wish you luck and hope it happens for you guys.

The Australian shut-down hasn't been as tight as the NZ one, and there seems to be some difference within Australia. I have the impression that the lock-down situation in NSW and Victoria is a bit tougher than Queensland. I also have the impression that some Police have issued infringements notices that seem to be a bit 'over the top'.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Australian shut-down hasn't been as tight as the NZ one, and there seems to be some difference within Australia. I have the impression that the lock-down situation in NSW and Victoria is a bit tougher than Queensland. I also have the impression that some Police have issued infringements notices that seem to be a bit 'over the top'.

They are only over the top if you were fined doing the wrong thing when you had a legitimate reason for being out, even then people did not social distance.

59 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes, NZ took the approach they didn't want to fine anyone, except as a last resort.

Some of our fines have just been handed out straight off, apparently to try to scare people more that they are serious after the serious lack of enforcement up front.

15 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Yes, NZ took the approach they didn't want to fine anyone, except as a last resort.

Some of our fines have just been handed out straight off, apparently to try to scare people more that they are serious after the serious lack of enforcement up front.

In WA over Easter there were 3 fines, each $1,000.00. Whilst we have strict ISO regulations, it seems common sense seems to be the go. They used drones over the beaches, and did say ground level photo's give a totally different outlook to the drone pics, which they did when shown side by side. We read some "odd" fines being issued over east. 

Edited by dizzy1948

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

They are only over the top if you were fined doing the wrong thing when you had a legitimate reason for being out, even then people did not social distance.

Or the people who got fined after putting their outing photos on facebook.

Too bad the outing was last July.

Senior police here in Vic have issued advice that there has been a little too little discretion and too much heavy handedness.

35 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Or the people who got fined after putting their outing photos on facebook.

Too bad the outing was last July.

Senior police here in Vic have issued advice that there has been a little too little discretion and too much heavy handedness.

Okay, Victorians are lucky their cops just don't shoot them.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:10 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

That’s right . No mourners at a funeral . No guests at a wedding .

I didn't know that.  You could put off a wedding, but you couldn't put off a funeral for those who have strong religious beliefs.  

A friend has lost two family members this week - no funerals for either, but a wake later when all the family can attend.  

I must admit I have enjoyed having access to take aways, although we never bought take aways prior to virus lockdown.

And then ..."To help break the lockdown boredom..

don’t miss the Huge On Line Concert - One World Together at Home. 
You can catch it on You tube and the time I have is Sunday 12 noon till 2 pm NZ time .

there’s a you tube link in this stuff article ;

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/entertainment-top-stories/121103312/huge-online-live-concert-for-sunday-april-19-will-feature-starstudded-cast?cid=app-android

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

You can catch it on You tube and the time I have is Sunday 12 noon till 2 pm NZ time .

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/entertainment-top-stories/121103312/huge-online-live-concert-for-sunday-april-19-will-feature-starstudded-cast?cid=app-android

10 am AEST on Channel 7 evidently in Aus.

Yesterday was our younger granddaughter's second birthday. We had a video call with her while she opened her present from us. She was so excited. Later in the day after they had dinner we were all involved in a Skype call to sing happy birthday - all the grandparents and our daughter and son in law and grandsons. It was a happy time but sad as well. 

Leigh

48 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Thanks David