Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ugly day here.  Dark clouds and in the 40s with wind.  Yuck.  I'd almost (but not quite 😜) rather have snow.

Time for that extra blanket.  Went from having all the windows open to fresh mild air a few hours ago...to brrrrrr....having them closed to this wicked wind.  

36 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Winter wonderland in Northern New Jersey. And I know the same in much of the Northeast US at this time. Snow, snow, snow and still going.

20210201_124509_001.jpg

We did round 1 of snow blowing/shoveling this morning and will wait for round 2 when it stops tomorrow.     looks like we have at least 10 inches so far and it's really snowing fast and furious here in upper bucks county, pa.    It is beautiful.     Shame it's not a good packing snow for the neighborhood children to make a snowman as they always do across the street from me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is beautiful.     Shame it's not a good packing snow for the neighborhood children to make a snowman as they always do across the street from me. 

Just head to the western end of the state.  Lots of good packing snow here.  Kids weren’t interested in building snowmen, but they made groundhog cupcakes. 

DD39E44B-EFF2-4EE3-9579-B1FB2758E42B.thumb.jpeg.0b9734ad87db448c3d09612d3d91851c.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Dani - I just looked for Herzliya on Google Maps.  Looks like you have a very nice selection of beaches and restaurants near you.  You must get some beautiful sunsets.  Is Herzliya a big holiday area?

Does Israel use the Fahrenheit scale for temperature or did you switch from Celsius for our benefit?

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dani - I just looked for Herzliya on Google Maps.  Looks like you have a very nice selection of beaches and restaurants near you.  You must get some beautiful sunsets.  Is Herzliya a big holiday area?

Herzliya is a city separated by the Tel Aviv - Haifa highway: The part on the beach is very residential, where lots of ambassadors live (US ambassador comes to mind 😁). It is mainly high end villas on large lots.

We live in the other part, the city center. Have to drive and cross the highway to get to the beach.

Right now, the 4th lock down, all the hotels and restaurants are closed. Don't know which of the restaurants will be back in business after being closed for such prolonged periods of time. 

Herzliya has nicer beaches than Tel Aviv and we have tourists from abroad and from within.

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Does Israel use the Fahrenheit scale for temperature or did you switch from Celsius for our benefit?

Celsius.

At the beginning I've took a pic in C, then I decided to make it easier for you and "brag" in F 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2021 at 11:21 AM, island lady said:

Oh man...that is nice!!  Wish we had that.  I still have to get in the car to go to Lowes/Home Depot, Publix, and Walmart (all 1-2 miles away).  But we DO have two restaurants, our own post office, the manor, swim pools, gym, etc....within golf cart ride.  

In fact leaving right now for lunch at the larger restaurant/bar.  😉 

Publix

Lowes

Tru Value

Aldi’s 

Rose's 

Post Office

Neighborhood Wal-Mart 

Nail places galore

Several Banks

Burger King

Mexican Restaurant 

High end pizza joint

Pizza Hut

Starbucks 

Dominos

Walgreens

Golf Cart store

Sushi

Chinese takeout

Urgent care 

Several banks

Cigar store

And then the rec facilites and a few dining venues within the gates

No bar to speak of from what I can tell other than the 19th hole

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 12:05 PM, SilkySal said:

Tom is enjoying retirement here in Florida. However, even though he is paying to have lots of landscaping done, he's right out there with them, digging trenches, pulling bushes, moving sprinkler pipes, etc. He's never been a couch potato (like me) and prefers to be busy. Next up will be new windows (tinted). Sadly, my new kitchen got put on the back burner and won't happen until next fall, when we return for the winter months. Of course, that could be a blessing, since I refuse to use our current oven, afraid that it might catch fire or something. It works "sometimes". The stovetop is a piece of sh** too, so he does ALL of the cooking and I handle clean up! Hah! Really hoping the dishwasher dies soon though.

Our neighbors will be hosting a Super Bowl party which we plan to attend. Since quite a few will be there, Tom is going to put a TV on their outside porch to help with social distancing. Go Chiefs! I know the Bucs are the underdogs but I'm not a fan of Brady, so will cheer for that cutie, Mahomes!!

I found a rolling stand on Amazon, go figure, and a vinyl cover. Less than $200 including a FireTV stick. The TV is our former 55" living room set. Easy Peasy

20210201_174152.thumb.jpg.d626f87f4b7ee230ff2854b07366beba.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Publix

Lowes

Tru Value

Aldi’s 

Rose's 

Post Office

Neighborhood Wal-Mart 

Nail places galore

Several Banks

Burger King

Mexican Restaurant 

High end pizza joint

Pizza Hut

Starbucks 

Dominos

Walgreens

Golf Cart store

Sushi

Chinese takeout

Urgent care 

Several banks

Cigar store

Oh man...now you are just bragging.  😉   Wow...how cool is that?!!  All within golf cart access...love it!!  Are you sure you are not in the "Villages"?   😮  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Publix

Lowes

Tru Value

Aldi’s 

Rose's 

Post Office

Neighborhood Wal-Mart 

Nail places galore

Several Banks

Burger King

Mexican Restaurant 

High end pizza joint

Pizza Hut

Starbucks 

Dominos

Walgreens

Golf Cart store

Sushi

Chinese takeout

Urgent care 

Several banks

Cigar store

There you go - time to open up a Bar!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have children that live in Ruskin, on the west side of the state, south of Tampa. The route from here goes through Sun City, where residents range all over the place on their carts.

The cannot drive on the main roads,  but they do cross it at traffic signals.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:05 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I had a feeling that is what happened....

How about a recent M8 steak

FB_IMG_1612220137166.thumb.jpg.71b52bfdb154bb516d127d010cd86f9d.jpg

He's been doing lots of training work on his motorcycle, got moved into rental house, and finalized design center and pool design on the new house.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

If it was 64C, then that is like is more than 147F

Right now that sounds good to me. Just finished blowing out the driveway for the second time and the snow is still coming down. I'm in need of an RCI bartender.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

9256?  My favorite cabin.  Have had that cabin on all four sisters, several times.  AND was supposed to be in it on sister Serenade as we visited New Zealand....would have been glorious as we toured the fiords.  Sigh...  

Also had that cabin on Radiance north/southbound Alaska B2B.  Best way to view the inland waterway!  And that view of the Glacier as we were departing...perfect with wine and cheese.  🤗🍷🧀

Does this look familiar?  😉  1100 JS is nice as well, but I like being one deck down from the noise of the outside WJ overhead.  

WP_000119.jpg

Yes 9256 best cabin we ever had except for an upgrade on a carnival cruise.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, A&L_Ont said:

That vortex came from Western Canada.😉 I saw it on the weather network the other day, a double low. It’s quite the front, and I’m not looking forward to it. 

69B65C33-186F-4E44-9836-AA557B590006.jpeg.04bcaa1e9d535f336feac70194b28acd.jpeg

I saw another NSFW version of that picture😇

• Haha 1