Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

34 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Hi all, just took a walk during the latest snow event in Northern New Jersey.  Here are some photos. Perhaps later this week some of this stuff will actually start melting. 

20210222_135323 V2.jpg

20210222_134948.jpg

20210222_135142.jpg

20210222_141012.jpg

Beautiful photos.    This is about all I like about snow - it's pretty to look at otherwise I am done with it.     If I have remembered all the snowfalls correctly, we are just over 50 inches of snow received in 2021 in Upper Bucks County, PA (that doesn't count the storms we had in Nov/Dec).    Ugghh!    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jk04 said:

I know it's supposedly taboo to talk about monopoly violations, but honestly, for a meme?  (Graham).  Unless there was some shenanigans later. 

And, I didn't see anything that you posted that I thought was bad, at least in that thread... :classic_huh:

Trust me, speaking from experience, don’t question. 😇

M8

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie was in Korea during the Vietnam War in 1966-67.  We didn’t realize for awhile how lucky he was not to go to Vietnam.  He said one week a group of them would go to Vietnam and the next week a group would go to Korea.

From what I hear Korea was no cake walk either, but I agree not as bad as Vietnam.  Mike’s dad was also in Korea.

25 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I LOVE ruebens.  On the rare occasion I make them I use marbled bread and slather on 1000 island dressing.

I’m going to have to make some. I love corned beef.

42 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie was in Korea during the Vietnam War in 1966-67.  We didn’t realize for awhile how lucky he was not to go to Vietnam.  He said one week a group of them would go to Vietnam and the next week a group would go to Korea.

Same as me I was in 1969 to 1971 , I think it was my previous jobs in computers that kept me out of Vietnam.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie learned computers there and that is what he did when he started working in Manhattan.

I also was in Manhattan before and after my 2 years in the army eventually worked for a oil company that moved to Dallas and I went with them. Last year was first year I couldn’t visit New York to see friends I grew up with.

Lisa and Owen were busy after he finished his school work at home. I blew snow as it was a continuous rain/snow event. The two of them came out and got some fresh air. 

They rolled some snow and made this snowman. Pine cone eyes, icicle nose, cedar hair with a wig of hydrangea flowers and a smile of wood. I suggested one more pine cone but it was shot down. 😆

14EE6B67-8AB9-462C-BAB4-7F89F29ECB50.thumb.jpeg.e0899091e4ad5f99251f7bc7ecf3448a.jpeg

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They rolled some snow and made this snowman. Pine cone eyes, icicle nose, cedar hair with a wig of hydrangea flowers and a smile of wood.

Reminds me of Olaf from Frozen for some reason.... perhaps the eyebrows. 😉  🙂 ❄️

2f209a06.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and Owen were busy after he finished his school work at home. I blew snow as it was a continuous rain/snow event. The two of them came out and got some fresh air. 

They rolled some snow and made this snowman. Pine cone eyes, icicle nose, cedar hair with a wig of hydrangea flowers and a smile of wood. I suggested one more pine cone but it was shot down. 😆

14EE6B67-8AB9-462C-BAB4-7F89F29ECB50.thumb.jpeg.e0899091e4ad5f99251f7bc7ecf3448a.jpeg

Great Job!

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Though it has been a tough road just getting him to ask for help at all from the VA, but that is changing now.  

Sad thing is Bucky needed to separate himself so much from the whole thing when his two tours were over in Vietnam.  The reception he got from the "Baby killers" type mentalities here at home was as you know...a far cry from what the military gets now as they are considered returning hero.  He was shunned and worse.  Bought a small sail boat to shake it all off and took off for a couple of years in the Carib, doing whatever he needed to survive.  

His ex wife never wanted to hear about any of it.  Not until he met me, years later and I was able to talk him through it to stop the night sweats, the sitting upright and shouting in his sleep, and mostly the depression. Those are over now, thankfully.  

It's only been 10 years or so that, with my nudging...he has been going to the VA for his medical needs.  He has a wonderful relationship now with our local clinic.  He enjoys the staff there.  And is no longer afraid to ask for some military discounts at places.  He is a changed man.  Though I think he still misses growing his own Oregano from many years ago.  😉 

Tell Bucky he needs to purchase a summer cabin up here in Canada.  We support gardeners. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

He needs a surfboard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just a public service reminder... the Below Deck reunion is tonight. I've been binge watching episodes since I got home from work.

Recording for tomorrow night. Not as painful when you can skip portions.  Watching hockey and enjoying some lemon meringue pie. 😋

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...very interesting career!  Thanks for all you did (and still do?).   Totally fascinating!  👍  Would definitely go way over this blonde's head!!  😉 

Retired in 2014 at 62 years old. Total of 39 years 5 months and 3 days (who's counting) working for the DoD as a civilian, CSRS. Enjoying every minute of retirement as you and Bucky are. 🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5