Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So sorry the funeral didn't lead to some "defrosting" of the relationships....

Thank you.

Harry is taking his wife's side like most husband's would.

Hopefully in time things will be better between them all.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I was close to it...but Bucky was miserable.  😮 

For some real fun watching boats in rough seas. Watch on YT "Boats vs Haulover." Some of these small boats get hammered. Other boats power right through it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not booked yet (still considering) but it's Oasis March 12, 2023.

I am rebooked (hopefully this one will stick! 😮 )...on Aussie cruise on Radiance out of Sydney at that time.  

Hope you all have a fantabulous time!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

You should all have a great time!   I love that western itinerary.  🙂 

We have done the East and Southern Caribbean but not the West yet.

The itinerary looks great and it Is Pauline's birthday on March 13th.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

For some real fun watching boats in rough seas. Watch on YT "Boats vs Haulover." Some of these small boats get hammered. Other boats power right through it.

Wow.  That's nuts.  Definitely alcohol involved.  Time to go find Haulover Inlet on Google Maps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow.  That's nuts.  Definitely alcohol involved.  Time to go find Haulover Inlet on Google Maps.

I’ve been watching their channel on YouTube for some time. 

I think booze is part of the factor as well. From what I have read a lot of it has to do with ship size and tides coming and going. Slack tide is an easy passage, and makes for boring videos. Big waves make for exciting yet dangerous videos. Add to that the skills of the person at the controls. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ve been watching their channel on YouTube for some time. 

Me too. I kind of get hooked in, like watching a train wreck. I am amazed at how small some of the boats are that try and navigate through the waves to get out onto the ocean. My favorite brand of boats are the the Midnight Express with Quad Mercury's. They are a beast through there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Phew...for a moment I thought I was the one that started HH early today. 🙂

When the website or perhaps my internet glitches for a few minutes while waiting for the post to finish when I hit "submit reply"...the hesitation at times will post it twice.  Not sure why.  Not sure if it is happening to anyone else either.  

From now on, if I get that hesitation, I will back track to be sure it does not double post, so I can edit/clean it up before the 15 minute allowance time.  

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

When the website or perhaps my internet glitches for a few minutes while waiting for the post to finish when I hit "submit reply"...the hesitation at times will post it twice.  Not sure why.  Not sure if it is happening to anyone else either.  

From now on, if I get that hesitation, I will back track to be sure it does not double post, so I can edit/clean it up before the 15 minute allowance time.  

Are you using a different device or browser? I'm not experiencing any posting issues. Maybe the glitch will magically disappear as it appeared. 

So today I went to my pedicure appointment that I had made months ago in downtown Vienna. Yea we have a red light, Dollar General, gas station and beauty salon — oh and 9 churches. So I got out my flip flops and went on my merry way. Too bad the weather was not feet friendly. 

552E303C-842B-4E17-9621-A776F3A2E51C.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...it could have been "A little wine in the food...a little wine in the chef...little bit more wine in the food...a LOT more wine in the Chef".   

OMG...I am doomed.  😮😉 

Exactly how I cook 🙃!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, coated on both sides with butter and mayo and deep fried.

Speaking of which, I made fried Oreos Saturday night; dunked in pancake batter with a little vanilla added, then cooked in a nonstick skillet; sprinkled with confectioners sugar when cool. They were delicious!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sheal said:

@ReneeFLL hobby? That set up is nicer than some garden centers I’ve see.  Do you do plant sales once a year like our master gardeners at the university? 😀  Any idea how many plants you have?  

So true.  

I used to have over 1500 (not kidding - when I get into something I go big 😁) and started selling them on ebay about 17 years ago to help support my “habit”. I haven’t done that in about 13 years. It’s very relaxing repotting and enjoying them. When I had that many I had them from 2” pots on up. The gazebo in the pictures was also crammed full and I still have them on the side of the house which isn’t in the picture. There was also a pergola that came crashing down during Hurricane Wilma. Lost a lot then. With so many it started to become a chore and wasn’t fun anymore so I quit buying for a long time. 

I will list a few sometimes on Nextdoor or Craigslist just to get rid of divisions, but nothing major. I need to do a lot of dividing and repotting so I will probably be listing them on eBay, but not sure yet. I will also have to sell most or all of them off 😥 before we move which will be in about 6 - 7 years. I will look on my laptop for some pictures of the pergola and gazebo later. I think I still have a few from then.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow!  You indeed have a true green thumb.  Love your big Mango tree in the side yard.  I miss mine.  Had the same thing growing next to our screen enclosure on the boat canal when we lived on Merritt Island.  Rotten Raccoon loved to eat them and then sleep/poop all over the screen enclosure roof.  😠

Thanks, I enjoy them. I love fresh mangos. This year after fruiting it’s going to get a major cut back. It’s getting to tall to pick them with the fruit picker. When the Carrie mangos hit the ground they bruise easily and I don’t like them like that. The iguanas, squirrels and birds love them. I have seen a raccoon or two before also.

• Like 1