Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My goodness, I haven't been on since page 921, and I just haven't had the time to read what has been going on for the past 34 pages!!  We've been busy with yard work since we had the 8 trees taken down.  The machinery used to take the trees out left quite a bit of gouged tracks throughout the property.  It couldn't be helped, we totally understood that, and I'm just thankful to finally have had them removed.  Jim and I have been putting in new soil and planting new grass.   With the weather we've been having, the grass is growing quite rapidly.  

This past Saturday was our 50th Anniversary, and on Sunday, our three daughters, sons-in-law, and  seven grandchildren helped us to celebrate at a beautiful waterfront restaurant in town.  It was a wonderful, never to be forgotten evening.  We feel truly blessed!

@lenquirate66  Wishing you a very Happy Birthday this Saturday, Lenny, and best wishes for a quick

and successful surgery for your DW!

@dani negreanu...Dani, your husband's "out of box" art is awesome!!

Happy, happy 50th anniversary.  It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration!

I also agree that Dani's husband's artwork is amazing and he cooks too!!!

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I am with you!  Though I would be more in heaven if it was sugar free!  Then not so guilty feeling.  😄 

My favorites:  Cherry and Custard.  

Blueberry crumb pie is my favorite but I can't eat blueberry muffins or blueberry pancakes.

I can eat tons of cherries, in season like now, but I can't eat cherry pies.  

I also love fresh pineapple but can't eat it in any other form.

Same with peaches.

I can eat chocolate in any form. 😉

Go figure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

For me, bourbon (or whisky) neat. 🥃

I'm still a rocks guy.  I like making clear ice cubes that are about 2 inches on a side.  Fit perfectly in a rocks glass and disappear in the bourbon.  Maybe I'll graduate to neat someday.

• Like 2

I still have it on the rocks. If I get a new bourbon I'll first try it neat to get the flavor profile. I then add a few drops of limestone water to open it up. It can really change it. Then I go to rocks. I've got some of the big ice cube balls which melt slower and really helps the bourbon.

https://www.amazon.com/glacio-Round-Ice-Cube-Molds/dp/B06WLHG56W/ref=sr_1_16?crid=2290MEKGY48A0&dchild=1&keywords=ice+cube+balls+mold+large&qid=1626884020&sprefix=ice+cube+balls%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-16

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is not so impressive in a picture but that thing in the sky is not the moon, it is this morning's rising sun. We have so much smoke in the air from the Canadian fires that you can actually look right at the sun. Normally it blinds me as I drive into the hospital parking lot. A front coming through tonight is supposed to clear the sky.

20210721_060534.thumb.jpg.faa0d7a936c2f0e2d70b66033cbd1cbe.jpg

It’s been smoky here for the last 3 days. We don’t have any fires very near here (as far as I know), but it’s a little dark. The original forecast was for much hotter weather- the high today will be 27 C. (about 80 F)

4 hours ago, island lady said:

This was our first lobster roll in weeks.  Just sounded good on the menu when we got there.  🙂   We are usually fish sandwich types.  The fresh Haddock up here is really good.  

I wish that was something I could say.  Not much lobster and fresh haddock in the hills.

• Like 1

So- a total change of topics. 

I am mulling over a solo cruise. It would be Vision of the Seas, leaving Barcelona for an 8 days at the end of October next year. Chris and I are already booked on the TA going back to Fort Lauderdale, so I have to fly to Barcelona anyhow. He wouldn’t want to be away from the office for that much time, but I could!

We would have 76 Crown and Anchor point before the TA, so I am thinking that it would be nice to be Diamond for the TA. Or is that silly? I would ask on the regular boards, but I am slightly afraid of the rabid wolves out there. I don’t know if it’s even practical think about it, since changes in status, aren’t, as far as I know, immediate. 

Anyway, I thought I would ask my more experienced cruising friends! 

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My goodness, I haven't been on since page 921, and I just haven't had the time to read what has been going on for the past 34 pages!!  We've been busy with yard work since we had the 8 trees taken down.  The machinery used to take the trees out left quite a bit of gouged tracks throughout the property.  It couldn't be helped, we totally understood that, and I'm just thankful to finally have had them removed.  Jim and I have been putting in new soil and planting new grass.   With the weather we've been having, the grass is growing quite rapidly.  

This past Saturday was our 50th Anniversary, and on Sunday, our three daughters, sons-in-law, and  seven grandchildren helped us to celebrate at a beautiful waterfront restaurant in town.  It was a wonderful, never to be forgotten evening.  We feel truly blessed!

@lenquirate66  Wishing you a very Happy Birthday this Saturday, Lenny, and best wishes for a quick

and successful surgery for your DW!

@dani negreanu...Dani, your husband's "out of box" art is awesome!!

Happy Anniversary! 50 years is a huge achievement!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

It would be Vision of the Seas, leaving Barcelona for an 8 days at the end of October next year.

Not silly at all. Diamond is a nice perk, especially for those who drink alcohol.

It takes about 5-7 days [after the cruise] for the points to show on your account, so, on the face of it you could start your TA as emerald.

The "remedy" is to go immediately upon embarkation to the Loyalty Ambassador and show the "points" you've accumulated in the previous [Vision] cruise.

He/she will be able to apply your new status for the TA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Luckynana Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary 

@ownedbypets  There have been a couple of sighting in the last 25 years since we have been here, but they usually don’t make it down this far. I have seen a couple of manatees in our canal. 

Our kids waited till they were married and out of the house before they told us they used to feed the gators marshmallows in the river across the street from our house. They had a Jon boat and spent hours and on AND IN the river. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We went to one of our favorite restaurants last night called Lagniappe (pronounced Lan-yap).  It's a creole word that means something like "a little something extra".  We've tried about 1/3 of their menu by now and haven't found anything yet that wasn't excellent.  We got there early for happy hour but didn't have a reservation so we sat and ate at the bar.  I decided to try their house Old Fashioned, that they called "L Fashioned".  It's Woodford Reserve Bourbon and creole bitters poured over a sugar cube with muddled orange and Luxardo cherries.  A little closer to the original Old Fashioned recipe than Sea Dog's with the sugar cube but the creole bitters was a nice twist.  It looks and tastes great, but I think I preferred the taste of Sea Dog's better.

IMG_7361.thumb.jpg.f19e6a6e813aa1bc80f88c0429ddba49.jpg

We met a couple sitting next to us who were headed to Alaska today for a couple of months.  Some people try to visit every state in the US.  They were trying to visit every county (called boroughs in Alaska) in every state.  They had been to Alaska before and checked off 5 of the more populated and easier to get to boroughs.  This trip, they were visiting the rest of the boroughs and the other parts of the state called census areas.  Since many parts of Alaska are only accessible by plane or boat, they have 27 different flights set up to shuttle them around, and a long list of hotels/B&Bs for them to stay.  Sounds a little like @island lady's adventures in Maine, but even more rural in many cases.  I'm very interested in talking to them when they get back.  

Lagniappe is on Amelia Island?

How was the food?

if you want to make a splash, try Salt at the Ritz Carlton. 

Yeah, we get "lobstered out" after too many.  This was our first lobster roll in weeks.  Just sounded good on the menu when we got there.  🙂   We are usually fish sandwich types.  The fresh Haddock up here is really good.  

Yes to the the double portion of pie...Bucky had to have that full one on the way home to take back with us!  😉 

We never pass up steamed clams. Or fried whole belly clams. I don’t think you’ve mentioned them yet!

There used to be a little stand by the Bar Harbor airport that sold fried clams in quart size paper cups. So good!

• Like 2

BTW...stopped at the Farm Stand on the way back to the house.  Naturally Bucky gave me a sad look and said "What no pie?" when I walked back to the SUV with my purchases.  Back in to pick him up a freshly made Maine Wild Blueberry pie to have at the house.  Happy Bucky...happy life!  

20210720_144013.jpg

❤️

24 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

So- a total change of topics. 

I am mulling over a solo cruise. It would be Vision of the Seas, leaving Barcelona for an 8 days at the end of October next year. Chris and I are already booked on the TA going back to Fort Lauderdale, so I have to fly to Barcelona anyhow. He wouldn’t want to be away from the office for that much time, but I could!

We would have 76 Crown and Anchor point before the TA, so I am thinking that it would be nice to be Diamond for the TA. Or is that silly? I would ask on the regular boards, but I am slightly afraid of the rabid wolves out there. I don’t know if it’s even practical think about it, since changes in status, aren’t, as far as I know, immediate. 

Anyway, I thought I would ask my more experienced cruising friends! 

It is not silly, in my opinion.  Diamond will get 4 drinks a day per person, that is $52 x 2 = $104  times however many days the TA is.  Let’s say 13… aka over $1300.  The only niggle I can think of would be making sure the Loyalty ambassador knows you turned Diamond on the 8 day cruise prior.  Should not be a problem if you are on the Vision the cruise prior.  RCI system won’t update that fast automatically.

jc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

Pretty courageous in Florida.  What lucks below would keep me out of any lakes.

The brain eating amoeba in Florida lakes in the summertime keep us out of lakes. Usually at least we know which lakes have gators. 

Edited by jagsfan

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Welcome back to the thread and Congratulations. I’ve found a lot happens here in a couple days.  If you miss more you could be behind. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Sooo cute!  We see a lot of those down in the Florida Keys.  Dressed for holidays and seasons.  😉 

When we were at the shore for June I was getting worried as she was naked for the first couple of weeks but finally they dressed her up the 3rd week of June.    It is fun to see the different outfits.   I would love to have one of these mailboxes but it just wouldn't work at my primary home in PA.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It doesn't really matter. It is entertaining.

So true.

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

Pretty courageous in Florida.  What lucks below would keep me out of any lakes.

We have direct ocean access (the same where area he jumped in) and are not on a lake/pond. I know I would be afraid to swim in any of the lakes, ponds or the canals that go no where. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When we were at the shore for June I was getting worried as she was naked for the first couple of weeks but finally they dressed her up the 3rd week of June.    It is fun to see the different outfits.   I would love to have one of these mailboxes but it just wouldn't work at my primary home in PA.

I hope everyone knows "who" you are referring to. 🤣

• Like 2

Caught one them taking a nap in front of my garden. Then looks like trying to figure out how to get in..Those little ones are fast though,got an action shot.

Also a shot of some glads and a hydrangeas that I think the deer got to and ate all the flowers off on one side of it

You can see the montains in the back ground too, as the smoke from the fire out west have reached here also.

20210721_140315.jpg

20210721_140654.jpg

20210721_141045.jpg

20210721_141407.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11