Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

And a Maine Coon cat at that??!!  Should have noticed the cute tuffs on her ears...sure mark of a Maine Coon.  Aww...total swoon!!  🥰 Love those!  All of my Tabbies have been female as well.  (Seem to have less health problems).  Maine Coon cats do get large!!  Need big kitty box!!  😄 

Here in Maine...I have only seen one Maine Coon cat.  The farmer who inherited her when he bought the place, did not even know what that breed was.  I had to tell him. 😉 

We definitely needed two extra large kitty box’s our big cat joebob was 22 lbs had to start buying diet cat food . He is now 18 lbs

image.jpeg.574a8480dccba67269c15c11e6b8ddfc.jpeg

• Like 13

Totally different subject, but where do you men buy shorts?  My husband likes to wear cargo shorts in the summer.  He used to buy them from Old Navy but they’ve changed the fabric and the cut and he doesn’t like them as well now.  Stein Mart closed…Macy’s in the nearest town has very little of interest.  We buy most of our clothes online but I’m at a loss as to what brand to search for.  TIA!

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Totally different subject, but where do you men buy shorts?  My husband likes to wear cargo shorts in the summer. 

My DH will only wear Cargo shorts.

And early we make our pilgrimage to: 

Kohls

Sams club

Macys

Dicks sporting goods

This year he stocked up.  Now I have over 10 new cargo pants to wash and iron, and ironing those pockets is a bear.  I take them to the dry cleaners before we cruise, and he looks mighty fine.  Good wife.

Stay safe

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Totally different subject, but where do you men buy shorts?  My husband likes to wear cargo shorts in the summer.  He used to buy them from Old Navy but they’ve changed the fabric and the cut and he doesn’t like them as well now.  Stein Mart closed…Macy’s in the nearest town has very little of interest.  We buy most of our clothes online but I’m at a loss as to what brand to search for.  TIA!

Old Navy or Amazon for me. I honestly don't even remember what brands I buy but if you type in the style or fabric you want in the search box they'll show you a bunch of results.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

but I’m at a loss as to what brand to search for.  TIA!

I have found these Tommy Bahama shorts to be the best I've ever owned. Rugged but extremely comfortable and they come in a variety of colors.

https://www.tommybahama.com/en/Bahama-Survivor-8-inch-Elastic-Waist-Shorts/p/TR807-16903

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

And I must admit, love your reviews!!!!!!

Hint, hint, when is your next cruise?

Thanks ahead of time.

Safe travels.

October 3rd, back on Allure

After that it's the Harmony TA. Hopefully 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have found these Tommy Bahama shorts to be the best I've ever owned. Rugged but extremely comfortable and they come in a variety of colors.

https://www.tommybahama.com/en/Bahama-Survivor-8-inch-Elastic-Waist-Shorts/p/TR807-16903

Elastic is key for cruising

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have people for that.😁

I do need to go out and treat fire ants, though🐜🐜

I have owned a home with a lawn for decades and have never mowed my lawn , lawn service is extremely cheap in Dallas, also have service for bugs/ fire ants .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I have owned a home with a lawn for decades and have never mowed my lawn , lawn service is extremely cheap in Dallas, also have service for bugs/ fire ants .

Condo is HOA, as is our place in Ocala. Currently at my son's house.

Will probably set up chemical service next spring. Kinda pointless now. 

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Our go to place for shorts this year has been BJ's of all places.  They have had a lot of shorts, similar to cargo shorts, but more like a golf short with a big enough pocket for his cellphones.  They are made of a dryfit type material, not cotton, but they wash and wear a lot better and keep a nice crease.  They had Haggar and another brand Zeroxsphor or something like that which they call travel shorts that look really good with a polo shirt.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have people for that.😁

I do need to go out and treat fire ants, though🐜🐜

Four of the Five lawn maintenance guys at our community at home tested positive with Covid last week, according to our community publication.   Yikes...and not vaxed from what I hear.  Now the community is rethinking having unvaxed staff.  Hope the guys make it through it OK.  

Glad I am not there to see how bad our lawn probably looks right now!!  😮  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

J.C. Penny works well for me. I like their St. John's Bay clothing. L.L. Bean has a great variety of shorts with a lot of choice for lenght and easy on-line shopping.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Four of the Five lawn maintenance guys at our community at home tested positive with Covid last week, according to our community publication.   Yikes...and not vaxed from what I hear.  Now the community is rethinking having unvaxed staff.  Hope the guys make it through it OK.  

Glad I am not there to see how bad our lawn probably looks right now!!  😮  

The trash and recyclables in my neighborhood hasn't been picked up for over 10-days.    Nextdoor neighbor app has a bunch of very upset people calling township, trash company, etc. etc.        Today they posted that a couple of crews of unvaxxed trashman have covid and heard the same is happening in other towns in my county.       No idea when our trash will be picked up.   

Next, we will have problems with critters having self serve buffets during the night.   

• Like 4