Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight with our Sarah and her best friend.

Graham.

IMG_20211105_200432.jpg

IMG_20211105_195415.jpg

How very nice!

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Visited one of our favorite local wineries today, weather holding out nice so far.   View from our living room at the condo on the lake.  

20211105_133444.jpg

20211105_142601.jpg

Wow, Pat!  Pretty awesome!  You and Bucky find the most beautiful rentals!  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Judy, since you've asked so nicely 🥰,

I went outside and took some pics of the different "artworks" on the walls.

The "pi" was actually painted in gold, but, being outside, it faded during the years....

Pi.jpg

black tie.jpg

girl.jpg

no name.jpg

spoons.jpg

spoons1.jpg

work.jpg

Dani, I see you have an extremely talented "chef" in your household.  Beautiful!!

43 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The inevitable.  Time to say Goodbye.  It’s been fun but all good things must come to an end.  

Our last sunset…

EB4632EC-05A9-484C-856C-E04997BA6362.thumb.jpeg.02a970e265f41f00c7f1164914e43617.jpeg

Last clear blue sky…

3A1A1AD3-EBF4-4A60-BCEB-328A0FEDAA28.thumb.jpeg.aafc9107b06b53b9b4e37af8798176c7.jpeg

Last cloudy sky…in just matter of minutes…

887590E8-C0D4-4DCF-8FB3-692810742D24.thumb.jpeg.6eef2c700e17c18c1cc324c060054aa8.jpeg

Last rainbow

F919509F-A803-454E-B325-AB0A622314BC.thumb.jpeg.f0cbe094baf1c91c62db3a30c3124f09.jpeg

…So until next time, Hawaii, Mahalo and take care!

Awesome pictures!  Thank you for taking us along!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So today. Picked up GTO to bring home and store for the winter. Already made her spring appointment for detailing and spa day. He books out quick.  
Took a picture of her eagerly waiting to come home. 
Did not realize when I took the picture there was something in the sky above.  Aliens????

457E59C6-2CAB-4BC4-B0AF-9915C92822DE.png

Even aliens have an appreciation for good ole fashion classic muscle cars! 😄

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 10:23 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

We likely passed each other, going in opposite directions!  I was strongly considering the 11/28 Anthem cruise. Decided against it because it’s so close to our return from FL & Thanksgiving, but I can’t stop thinking about it!  

I am certain we passed each other. We stopped in St Augustine for lunch at Sainte Georges and sat on the upstairs balcony facing the fort.

We also stopped in NC. 😁

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 7:38 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Both of my daughters teach in schools in high crime areas

My hat is off to BOTH of them. I was in a small, rural area - so basically all good kids - certainly compared to inner city or otherwise crime-ridden areas. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

A few more "road trip" pics from just the other week.....storm clouds threatening at Cape May, a peaceful sunrise, and then the "Water's edge" restaurant and cottages at Memorytown, Mt. Pocono, PA. We honeymooned there 40 years ago so always nostalgic to go back and see what changes have been made!  It is a terrific spot for weddings with several outdoor and indoor venues. They average about 2 weddings weekly. 

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 14

23 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

My hat is off to BOTH of them. I was in a small, rural area - so basically all good kids - certainly compared to inner city or otherwise crime-ridden areas. 

Thank you.My younger daughter wanted a career in Criminal Justice.She got as far as getting her Masters in that but then decided that teaching was for her most likely influenced by her older sister.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

A few more "road trip" pics from just the other week.....storm clouds threatening at Cape May, a peaceful sunrise, and then the "Water's edge" restaurant and cottages at Memorytown, Mt. Pocono, PA. We honeymooned there 40 years ago so always nostalgic to go back and see what changes have been made!  It is a terrific spot for weddings with several outdoor and indoor venues. They average about 2 weddings weekly. 

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

Very beautiful.

7 hours ago, island lady said:

😮

Flights were very good from Orlando to Spokane yesterday.  One thing for sure, Delta does first class better than American Airlines...IMHO!  

Has Delta brought back meals and beverage service in first class? I'm reading conflicting info.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Re chewing gum,when I was a kid dentists gave bubble gum to every kid who did not cry on his dental chair.

Well, you didn’t grow up during the war. There was no gum…or rubber balls!

A neighborhood kid was on the sidewalk yelling that the drugstore had bubble gum but by the time I got money from my mother, it was all gone. 
I remember when we finally got a rubber ball. It was a little smaller than a tennis ball, pink, and smelled like baby powder. 
We were so excited!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I installed it and was feeling my way through it till I got stuck. Clicked on pass, but nothing happened. I need a piece of paper with instructions on it. 
It will give me somebody to do in the hospital besides chewing gum and reading!

Thank you for showing me which one to get!

I'm sorry if I missed the answer as I'm playing catch up on this thread after a busy day at work.

Why chew gum after the surgery?

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Visited one of our favorite local wineries today, weather holding out nice so far.   View from our living room at the condo on the lake.  

20211105_130844.jpg

20211105_133444.jpg

20211105_142601.jpg

Wonderful view. Very peaceful. The condo, at least the living room, looks like instant comfort. Not any “new territory” vibes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

While we're speaking of the weather ---

Took advantage of the extremely sunny weather, and invited my HS friends for a brunch.

DH was so happy to be given a "mission", he "produced" some 8 different dishes. I had a list of what goes in the oven to heat, what's in the fridge, pita bread in the toaster oven, so much so, that I took a picture of the table, but, then, when the "gurlz" "invaded", I was overwhelmed....

No food pictures....😢

At least DH got back in time to take a pic of us [he leaves when I'm "entertaining..."].

"Shy" is his 2nd name....☹️

HS friends1.jpg

HS friends.jpg

Excellent!  I'm sure it was nice to all be together again💐

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The "pi" was actually painted in gold, but, being outside, it faded during the years....

Pi.jpg

black tie.jpg

girl.jpg

no name.jpg

spoons.jpg

spoons1.jpg

work.jpg

Dani , thank you for sharing . Your husband is so talented in multiple mediums .  You are so lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful objet d’arts.  

• Thanks 1

Pi.jpg

black tie.jpg

girl.jpg

no name.jpg

spoons.jpg

spoons1.jpg

work.jpg

Fantastic!  A feast for the eyes. I love variety on the wall, and seeing stories in various pieces. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

This past Tuesday I posted that I had a cyst biopsied.My doctor called a few minutes ago to tell me that it was benign .I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes.

What wonderful news, Lenny!!!!

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sorry if I missed the answer as I'm playing catch up on this thread after a busy day at work.

Why chew gum after the surgery?

The nurse who went over everything with me said everything goes to sleep under anesthesia, and the gum chewing helps wake it up!

I think it’s to get the gut alive and moving, and that you’re right about gas, 

When I had my 2 surgeries and everything went wrong, after the surgery to repair the first one, I got unbearable abdominal pain a few days later. 
 So bad I begged the nurse to call my doctor. She refused because it was already evening. I waited for the next shift and begged for pain medicine. The answer was no, that I had had it already. 
Somewhere around 5am I asked them to call ny husband to come sit with me because I thought I was dying. 
That worried my nurse enough to call my doctor. He ordered X-rays. 
It was a gas bubble! It hurt so bad if I’d had a gun I wouldn’t be here today. 
I had never heard of such a thing. 
So if chewing gum will prevent it, I’ll chew a pack every hour!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Mimi - 

Your post got me thinking about chewing gum. Like you, I haven’t chewed gum in years. I wonder if these flavors are still available- Juicy Fruit, Doublemint or the gum that tasted like licorice- I think it was called Black Jack?

Hoping all goes well with the surgery and recovery. Your positive outlook will certainly be a part of getting healthy again.

With good thoughts and a prayer- 

MJ 🙋🏻

Cracker Barrel has lots of nostalgia candy/gum including Black Jack (blue and black wrapper), Teaberry my favorite in sort of mauve wrapper.  I used to visit the Cracker Barrel near me just to meander in the store without having a meal.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Very nice get together.The only time I have had a get together with school friends at reunions.Even though I went to schools in Brooklyn reunions have been in Manhattan,New Jersey ,Florida and Texas ,but never in Brooklyn.

I have,however,had frequent phone conversations with people all over the US.

My sister's 1962 HS class is planning another reunion!

Pi.jpg

black tie.jpg

girl.jpg

no name.jpg

spoons.jpg

spoons1.jpg

work.jpg

Fabulous art.  Your balcony could be an art gallery! 

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Well, you didn’t grow up during the war. There was no gum…or rubber balls!

A neighborhood kid was on the sidewalk yelling that the drugstore had bubble gum but by the time I got money from my mother, it was all gone. 
I remember when we finally got a rubber ball. It was a little smaller than a tennis ball, pink, and smelled like baby powder. 
We were so excited!!

Growing up, every kid had to have a Spalding rubber ball.  It bounced the highest!

image 0 of "SPALDEEN" HI-BOUNCE BALL?

• Like 3