Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I did see it. I had a contingency clause I could get it inspected and walk away from the contract. I packed my bags and drove 2 days each way to florida. It would have been cheaper to fly but I drove and was there within 48 hours. 

I'm sure I posted pictures from when I went to inspect the condo. Not exactly the same as buying it sight unseen. I'd have wanted to get a feel for the street and the condo complex and the beach right there in addition to the condo itself. 

I could have walked. We added contingencies. 

How was the cruise? 

I've never eaten bologna. I have nothing against lunchmeat, I eat smoked turkey, ham and salami, roast beef. I just was never served it, and never looked for it. I think my dad used to eat it, that and something with little chunks of something in it, pimento loaf maybe? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

6 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Aww she is lovely, but saying that makes me feel bad.  We have had our most recent adoption cat for just about a year.  I wanted a tortoiseshell or ginger kitten.  It was the before the regions locked down  in Spain.  In the next week no one was moving anywhere, certainly not from Spain to Gibraltar to deliver cats. The cat we hAve was brought to us by a volunteer.  She was a tabby and they said ‘oh do you mind we think she is at least one year’.    I could not send her back.  

When i look at more attractive cats i feel disloyal to my little Ninky (named after  Ninkasi - a Sumerian goddess).   I dont think Ninky realises that I occasionally reckon there are more attractive cats than her.  

I foresee a second cat in your family......😹

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, just finished Season 3 of Yellowstone. 

Major W T F

Ready for Sunday night

I don't have the Paramount channel anymore.  Unless it changed names. 

Hopefully I can stream over the Peacock app.

Menise has very striking eyes.  I don’t think I have seen a cat with that color before today.

Here is my story of the dog who  now fills my heart with joy.  

On a typical day in New England (sun was out then next thing we know we hit snow squalls) we drove a few hours to the next state to get the rescue that I thought we would be taking home.  Only problem was that I was horrified to find that it looked nothing likes it’s picture. I swear they used photoshop.   Not to mention he wanted nothing to do with us. I wasn’t sure what to do.  Right then the rescue volunteer brought out one of the other dogs that had arrived on the van that morning (I think she received 5 that day) and remarked how she was surprised he had not been adopted at the adoption fair they held earlier in the day.   My girls (daughter and her BF) got so excited when they saw him.

Well, I had seen this dog online already and crossed him off.  I had a dog in mind that I wanted and he was not only the wrong color and breed but his picture online showed the most dejected dog ever.  I’m pretty certain his life before he ended up on the rescue van was pretty rough.  He was severely underweight, his hip bones stuck out and he had a couple of broken teeth.  Fortunately for me he knew that he belonged with us and he did everything he could to show us with his sunny, sweet demeanor.  I got up the nerve to ask if we could take him instead of the other one who was now in their living room marking the furniture (observations made by the girls while I spoke with the volunteer).  I felt a sense of relief when she said “oh sure”.  We packed up and headed home. 

Things didn’t go too smoothly, by the next morning he was developing kennel cough, even though he had a shot.  Two days later  I found he had tapeworm, something my vet said that happens due to the choice of deworming product the rescue used.  And then the next day, the itch ear.  The ear was better within two days with the help of ear drops but the cough turned scary, with green mucus coming up.  I had him for a week and I was afraid he might die.  Well, it was nothing and $750 later (rescue and vet bills) he was the road to recovery.  

It  has been 9 years and I am so thankful he came into my life. Something that might not have happened because I was so shallow.  

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Not a fan of Swiss cheese or Rye bread for that matter. And I hate sauerkraut.

Not a fan of swiss cheese either.  My favorite cheese is Havarti or Muenster.  I only like Rye bread if it's fresh, like I get in my favorite food store, Central Market.  I love sauerkraut, the more sour the better.  Like caviar, I think sauerkraut is an acquired taste.

• Like 3

BonTexasNY

My DH and I were talking about the neighborhood bakeries just the other day. I mentioned the boxes tied with string from the spool above the counter.

We also remember the bread slicer machine where the “baker lady” would put a whole loaf of bread in one end and a sliced loaf would come out at the other end. I always liked the small oval end piece of the rye bread.

Also black and white cookies were a special treat. i would eat the vanilla side first, so I could take the time to enjoy the chocolate side. My DH did the same as a kid.

My Dad would always go to the local bakery on Sunday morning after church for rolls and a coffee cake. Then, it was time for a big breakfast at home.

Thanks for the memory !

Take care 

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4

It is 25° here, and it says it feels like 25°. 

Grandkids have no school today, so we get them for the day.

This is our project for the day.  

B1372761-BF91-418F-A783-5838BB443AE8.thumb.jpeg.ead74d2e61a1ca8f44bdab8246a8c408.jpeg

I wonder how far we will get with it.  These sets keep getting more and more detailed. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds like a sure fire artery clogger to me.

Just had my cholesterol checked for the first time in 3 years .....its gone up 😒

So upset,, always cook from scratch,  walk loads with our collie, work out at the gym and swim

I've been called in next week for a fasting blood test to check if it's in the Familial Hypercholesterolaemia range .

I guess I'm just going to have to double down on the exercise and healthy eating 

• Like 5

I forgot all about fried bologna sandwiches.  My roommate and I (pre-marriage in the 80s) would make them a lot.  Cut a cross in the middle of a slice to prevent curling and fry it up.  A little ketchup and bread...yum.  Sort of like a flat hot dog.  My roommate was from northern Jersey, close to NYC.  He also got me into scrapple.  If bologna is bad for you, scrapple must be worse.  But it tasted so good.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, just finished Season 3 of Yellowstone. 

Major W T F

Ready for Sunday night

We re-watched the last 2 episodes of season 3 a couple of nights ago so that we could remember everything that was happening.  It had been a while.  I will reiterate my guess at what happens.  I think John will live...somehow rescued by the boy that went to retrieve the lug nuts that he had dropped.  I think Kayce will live...somehow taking out his attackers from behind his desk.  I think Beth will die.  Tough to live through that explosion.  Because of Beth's death, Kayce and Rip will go ballistic for revenge.  Rip will be the blunt force weapon, like a sledgehammer or shotgun.  Kayce will be the precision weapon, like a scalpel or sniper rifle.  Jamie is probably in the mix as well, feeling tremendously guilty about Beth's death.  He'll hurt the big evil corporation through legal channels.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sheal said:

Menise has very striking eyes.  I don’t think I have seen a cat with that color before today.

Here is my story of the dog who  now fills my heart with joy.  

On a typical day in New England (sun was out then next thing we know we hit snow squalls) we drove a few hours to the next state to get the rescue that I thought we would be taking home.  Only problem was that I was horrified to find that it looked nothing likes it’s picture. I swear they used photoshop.   Not to mention he wanted nothing to do with us. I wasn’t sure what to do.  Right then the rescue volunteer brought out one of the other dogs that had arrived on the van that morning (I think she received 5 that day) and remarked how she was surprised he had not been adopted at the adoption fair they held earlier in the day.   My girls (daughter and her BF) got so excited when they saw him.

Well, I had seen this dog online already and crossed him off.  I had a dog in mind that I wanted and he was not only the wrong color and breed but his picture online showed the most dejected dog ever.  I’m pretty certain his life before he ended up on the rescue van was pretty rough.  He was severely underweight, his hip bones stuck out and he had a couple of broken teeth.  Fortunately for me he knew that he belonged with us and he did everything he could to show us with his sunny, sweet demeanor.  I got up the nerve to ask if we could take him instead of the other one who was now in their living room marking the furniture (observations made by the girls while I spoke with the volunteer).  I felt a sense of relief when she said “oh sure”.  We packed up and headed home. 

Things didn’t go too smoothly, by the next morning he was developing kennel cough, even though he had a shot.  Two days later  I found he had tapeworm, something my vet said that happens due to the choice of deworming product the rescue used.  And then the next day, the itch ear.  The ear was better within two days with the help of ear drops but the cough turned scary, with green mucus coming up.  I had him for a week and I was afraid he might die.  Well, it was nothing and $750 later (rescue and vet bills) he was the road to recovery.  

It  has been 9 years and I am so thankful he came into my life. Something that might not have happened because I was so shallow.  

You were not shallow.  If you hadn't wanted the first dog you never would have met the one you were meant to have.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It is 25° here, and it says it feels like 25°. 

Grandkids have no school today, so we get them for the day.

This is our project for the day.  

B1372761-BF91-418F-A783-5838BB443AE8.thumb.jpeg.ead74d2e61a1ca8f44bdab8246a8c408.jpeg

I wonder how far we will get with it.  These sets keep getting more and more detailed. 

11,000 pieces

1216689129_Screenshot_20211104-191005_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.102f196108cc92b6d953a7b72de4f484.jpg

• Like 3