Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Another beautiful day here in PA.  Wont last but enjoying it for now🤩

I received my lab results this morning.  Chlorestorol borderline high.

Came in at 210, triglycerides 148 and ldl 133.    Expect doc will call and give me a script for a statin.  Darn it...

Too much bacon this past year🤪

• Like 4

I am thankful it’s warmer here this morning.  We our having the patio replaced and redesigned.  We are also replacing the patio door.  They were going to replace the door last week when it was cold.  Right now it’s 62°.  Great view and nice breeze.  😂 

6EE0A6B8-7325-4841-852B-9EFC3A6F682F.thumb.jpeg.b0d0dc5a5bea0f57ca594322602e78da.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Came in at 210, triglycerides 148 and ldl 133.    Expect doc will call and give me a script for a statin.  Darn it...

How was your good cholesterol?  Apparently mine is really good.

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 1

Hello friends currently waiting for the rain to stop and the sun to come out in St. Maarten at Grand Bay. Everything so far is been amazing except for the internet on board. Ridiculously slow and buggy with problems. I hope everyone is well. Wishing you all were here with me.

98054CA5-A9D1-41CC-8BFE-87A1B656E2D3.thumb.jpeg.e12c8ef71b9c40263dd1b6e8e0e50a45.jpeg

6E23A913-8089-4294-A705-1B3C87756D95.thumb.jpeg.d3c1f163bb975fb63a92c402a7ab98c4.jpeg

8EB2BBFE-3921-4E7C-B89F-40EEF18B4F0E.thumb.jpeg.e8c7f8c98236a7ee23cbce270385504b.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello friends currently waiting for the rain to stop and the sun to come out in St. Maarten at Grand Bay. Everything so far is been amazing except for the internet on board. Ridiculously slow and buggy with problems. I hope everyone is well. Wishing you all were here with me.

98054CA5-A9D1-41CC-8BFE-87A1B656E2D3.thumb.jpeg.e12c8ef71b9c40263dd1b6e8e0e50a45.jpeg

6E23A913-8089-4294-A705-1B3C87756D95.thumb.jpeg.d3c1f163bb975fb63a92c402a7ab98c4.jpeg

8EB2BBFE-3921-4E7C-B89F-40EEF18B4F0E.thumb.jpeg.e8c7f8c98236a7ee23cbce270385504b.jpeg

Sorry to hear you are having a rainy day. We will be there tomorrow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

You are at one of my favorite places in the Caribbean,Greg.I hope you are having a great time on your vacation.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

We couldn't get booster appointments until Dec. 2, although I guess I could have shopped around. The grocery store pharmacy is more convenient. 

I decided to mix it up up a little, and have requested Moderna boosters even though we originally had Pfizer shots.:classic_biggrin: 

I gave up trying to get appointments with my usual Publix grocery pharmacy, so took someone on CC's advice and tried Walmart.   Very easy to schedule and register online with plenty of appointments available.  Get jabbed and then shop.  😉 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I go to the Caribbean for a week and my cold tolerance is shot by the time I get home.

I am getting acclimated to cold Washington state weather (currently 33 degrees here at 9 am).   Will probably fry and sizzle when I get home to Florida on Saturday!!  😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, dbancroft said:

My wife and I both got our Pizer boosters last week. No issues luckily but I have a question we also got our shingles vaccine last month it is a two dose shot. The shingles shot left our arms extremely sore has anyone else got this shot?

We did last year, both doses.  I had a sore arm, Bucky (who is more sensitive to all meds) felt like he had the flu.  He was miserable.  

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

We were driving to our rented house on the Outer Banks in N. Carolina from Norfolk, Virginia using the Garmin. GPS lady really wanted us to see this Civil War battlefield that had nothing to do with our route to Corolla. 

GPS lady was so insistent that we finally exited and drove down to look at it. It was a big empty field of tall grass, next to the highway....:classic_biggrin:

We love "Google Lady" we call her.  Each time she tells us to turn...we both say "Thank you Google Lady".  😄 

Has been a big help up here in the remote wine country.   I just punch in the name of the winery, ask for directions...and she does the rest.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry sunshine,  I've got my fasting blood test tomorrow when the ordinary BT showed by figures have gone up too ☹️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I am getting acclimated to cold Washington state weather (currently 33 degrees here at 9 am).   Will probably fry and sizzle when I get home to Florida on Saturday!!  😲

Should be a cool front coming through by then.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I've got my fasting blood test tomorrow when the ordinary BT showed by figures have gone up too ☹️

In order to improve your mood, let's talk, for a change, about cruises 😉

I've booked a hotel in Rome, for 2 nights before the cruise. Free cancellation up to 5 days before.

It's a hotel I've researched for our now cancelled cruise on Explorer, which was due Sept. 2020. They still get very good reviews on TripAdvisor, and were more than happy to hear from me again.

Also for Barcelona, I've booked one night after the cruise on a hotel which comes highly recommended on Spain boards, Jazz.

After a cruise, we usually prefer to fly home directly, but El Al has one flight at 10.30 AM (too stressful even with self assist), and one at 10PM....  At my "advanced" age, I don't "do" night flights anymore....

I was very surprised that Iberia doesn't have a direct flight Barcelona -- Tel-Aviv, only with a stopover in Madrid. If ElAl has enough passengers for 2 flights daily, why not Iberia, at least one a day?

Hopefully, tomorrow your "levels" would be down 😁

• Like 15