Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, George C said:

I am 72 so I was only off 4 years, graduated HS the month I turned 17. Nobody ever guesses my age , still have all my hair very little gray, but mustache is now white .

I still have all my hair but it is white.My beard is white but my mustache is gray.

When you lived in Ridgewood did you ever know or hear about a guy known  as the “Mayor” of Ridgewood .His first name was Frank and his last name began with the letter P.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Just follow the rats...they will lead you out!!  😉  

Thought it was real at first...but I am guessing this guy was a plant??!!  😉    Did he ask you what floor the WJ was on?  😆

If it was a bird I it would of been more believable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I still have all my hair but it is white.My beard is white but my mustache is gray.

When you lived in Ridgewood did you ever know or hear about a guy known  as the “Mayor” of Ridgewood .His first name was Frank and his last name began with the letter P.

No never heard of him

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are having a massive thunderstorm now and just received a tornado warning .It is dark like night outside.

Yeah..we had loud thunder, and violent wind.  Leaves swirling like a dervish.  Rain came for a while....it's gotten pretty cold outside.  For the many leaves covering everywhere, there's still so many more leaves on the many trees that surround us.  Oy vey!

• Like 3

Lenny

You reminded me of something. My mother always said that she was an RN. In her later years, when she was admitted to the hospital for various health reasons,(appendicitis at age 88 for example) she would let the nursing staff at our local hospital know that she was an RN. I think it was her way of keeping them on their toes in that she knew how to care for patients. 

My friend,Pat’s ,mother was also a RN and she did the same thing at the same hospital.

Once a nurse,always a nurse.Same as teachers,I think!

How fortunate you were to have a friend that became your brother. It must have been a great loss for you when he passed from Covid.

We are having dark skies here on the North Fork now. Seems the storm is moving East.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sadly, we also lost one of our players when he was taken out with a hit from behind in the first 5 minutes of the game. Their player was ejected from the game and by the rules of the tournament he should be for the entirety of it. He was from the host town, so at least he didn’t have a long drive of shame to get home. It is YTD if our player will play today in the remaining two games. we pretty much have to win both to play on Sunday. 

Hits like that are so scary!  I hope Owen's teammate is okay.  My son played hockey starting at 4 all the way until high school.  We had a rule that if he went down, I needed to see him look up towards us in the stands and give a thumbs up that he was okay.  With hockey gloves on, it was more of a motion towards us, but as long as we saw something, I could breath again.  

I would expect that player will be suspended from any league he plays in as rules up there seem similar to those in the US.  Hopefully, he learns a lesson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I did already,Arzeena .You,RJ,Toby and I were on 3 cruises together .I know we never discussed our ages but you really surprised me when you said I am in my 90’s.Are you confusing me with Bob?😀

No no, I was not confusing you with Bob.
I thought you posted something about being 93 or 94 a long time ago. 😁
Sorry to add on the years. I hope I did not hurt your feelings. Apologies. 🙏

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah..we had loud thunder, and violent wind.  Leaves swirling like a dervish.  Rain came for a while....it's gotten pretty cold outside.  For the many leaves covering everywhere, there's still so many more leaves on the many trees that surround us.  Oy vey!

Same here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

No no, I was not confusing you with Bob.
I thought you posted something about being 93 or 94 a long time ago. 😁
Sorry to add on the years. I hope I did not hurt your feelings. Apologies. 🙏

He has posted that he was the oldest one here but the dates he posted haven't supported that statement.  Mimi is definitely older and there is at least one other.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, In the National Hockey League, they call that hit Boarding.

It's a 5 minute Major Penalty, meaning the opposing team can score as many times as they can before the player can come out of the Box. He must stay in the box the whole 5 minutes.

So you said Owen's teammate came back to the bench again in the 2nd period...........Did he continue to play after that hit or did the coaches keep he on the sideline for the remainder of the game to just make sure he was actually okay?

Same rules here, which are the same as the NHL. When he returned he went to the bench and sat for the rest of the game.  After further inspection from the trainers this morning he was cleared to play today. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

doc wants him to get the whooping cough shot next

I had to look this one up.  Never heard of adults getting a whooping cough shot.  I really don’t remember ever hearing about an adult getting whooping cough.  I’m sure some do but I don’t know them.

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had to look this one up.  Never heard of adults getting a whooping cough shot.  I really don’t remember ever hearing about an adult getting whooping cough.  I’m sure some do but I don’t know them.

The main issue with whooping cough in adults is transmission to infants. So it is typical to give a booster to adults when there is a new born in the family who they will be having contact with. However, the infection can also be an dangerous for adults with respiratory tract issues or immuno compromised.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Hits like that are so scary!  I hope Owen's teammate is okay.  My son played hockey starting at 4 all the way until high school.  We had a rule that if he went down, I needed to see him look up towards us in the stands and give a thumbs up that he was okay.  With hockey gloves on, it was more of a motion towards us, but as long as we saw something, I could breath again.  

I would expect that player will be suspended from any league he plays in as rules up there seem similar to those in the US.  Hopefully, he learns a lesson.

It happened again today, but this time to Owen.   Boarding hit from behind. He is in emergency right now with Lisa, but getting his arm/hand X-rayed. He was on the ice for a good five minutes. 

The behaviour of the other player was so inappropriate, when he was given the 5 minute and the game. He left the penalty box slapping his stick on the ground, cursing and making a fool of himself. The refs talked further to him as well. The head of the tournament also came to speak with our coaches and then the coaches of the other team. The other coach also came to apologize as well. 

He started to feel the hand pain after after half an hour in the change room. Thankfully he appears to be OK concussion wise at this moment. 

Our team lost and Owen is out for the game at 7 tonight and probably tomorrow if they continue on. Hopefully he is OK, for football playoffs as well as the tournament for next weekend.  Time will tell. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It happened again today, but this time to Owen.   Boarding hit from behind. He is in emergency right now with Lisa, but getting his arm/hand X-rayed. He was on the ice for a good five minutes. 

The behaviour of the other player was so inappropriate, when he was given the 5 minute and the game. He left the penalty box slapping his stick on the ground, cursing and making a fool of himself. The refs talked further to him as well. The head of the tournament also came to speak with our coaches and then the coaches of the other team. The other coach also came to apologize as well. 

He started to feel the hand pain after after half an hour in the change room. Thankfully he appears to be OK concussion wise at this moment. 

Our team lost and Owen is out for the game at 7 tonight and probably tomorrow if they continue on. Hopefully he is OK, for football playoffs as well as the tournament for next weekend.  Time will tell. 

I hope all is well with Owen. There seems to be more and more of this type if behavior in youth sports.... an observation from someone who spends a lot of time in the sideline of a football field.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh no, I hope he is okay!  I got the chills reading your post, so terrible to see your child go down like that.  Glad to hear he didn't hit his head, concussions can set him back a long time, not just sports, school too.  Please keep us posted.

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh no.  I hope he is ok.  Sending all the positive thoughts for him.

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That sucks !! All  the kids want to make a big hit and rather then do those hits in mid ice area when the players are on the fly. Much easier to line someone up near the boards and hit them.

It's really a rough game over all, if anyone has ever been to an actual NHL game and had a seat close to the boards down low. It's unbelievable how hard then players hit each other around the boards............so m uch rougher in person then it looks on TV.

Sounds like Owen knew the hit was coming and braced himself a little bit with his hands and arms protecting his head but may have jammed his hands and arms and hurt himself. Better to be his hands and arms instead of his head.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope all is well with Owen. There seems to be more and more of this type if behavior in youth sports.... an observation from someone who spends a lot of time in the sideline of a football field.

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oh no, I hope he is okay!  I got the chills reading your post, so terrible to see your child go down like that.  Glad to hear he didn't hit his head, concussions can set him back a long time, not just sports, school too.  Please keep us posted.

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Oh no.  I hope he is ok.  Sending all the positive thoughts for him.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That sucks !! 

Sounds like Owen knew the hit was coming and braced himself a little bit with his hands and arms protecting his head but may have jammed his hands and arms and hurt himself. Better to be his hands and arms instead of his head.

@A&L_Ont

+ 5 😧

• Like 6