Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Welcome back 🌺

I too loved The Grand Budapest Hotel.

We were holding our breath and crossing our fingers for all those trapped kids. It's a miracle that they managed to save them all, albeit with the price of one of the divers' death...😢😢

Hi Dani. Yes, the Thai Navy Seal’s wife spoke on camera about her husband who sadly died.  There were many people involved in the rescue but the ones who lead the rescue were two amateur cavers from Britain and an anaesthetist from Australia who is also a caver. The rescue was miraculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Chris and I love historical shows and movies, mostly set in England. I am amazed at the settings! Right now we’re watching Miss Marple (very soothing, even if there are several murders!) and Brother Cadfael- truly excellent acting. They’re both old, but we’re getting use out of the BritBox 

There's been a few areas used for film sets in our area. There's a private school called Wellington College which is often used in shots from the series Midsomer Murders 

And the forest near us was used in the second to last Harry Potter film when they were on the run 

I guess being 30 miles from London, but in the countryside with lots of old villages, its convienant for the film crews 

There's also a few film studios in this area 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 6

@Sea Dog Congratulations on your retirement.  Loved the videos from your cruise report. Actually made me teary watching your boarding & departure videos on the Explorer. Loved that ship & really missing cruising right now. Your new puppy is adorable.

@singinalot Your Greece trip photos were stunning.  You and your sister have beautiful taste in wedding gowns.  Enjoying your stories (Insta)from your current

trip

@grapau27all the best for your skin cancer op.  Been there done that - Had my face and back done in the same op - my scars initially looked like I had been bitten by a shark! but miracle cream erased the scars eventually thankfully 

@lenquixote66 was interesting reading about all the bands and singers you have seen.  

@Jimbo your gazebo looks lovely.  I could see myself spending hours in there relaxing with a good book if we had one in our garden especially as we are heading into summer over here - once the rain finally stops..,

@ozark_kid your grandkids are adorable.  Hubby is desperate for grandkids but we’ve got a while to go before that happens..,

@dani negreanuyour son is an impressive surfer.  My brother met his wife when he fell off his board, ended up in hospital and she was his nurse.  He lives in the Blue Mountains now so he doesn’t get to surf as often as he used to when we were kids living a short distance  from the beach.

Hello to all the other regulars.  Can’t quote you all😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog Congratulations on your retirement.  Loved the videos from your cruise report. Actually made me teary watching your boarding & departure videos on the Explorer. Loved that ship & really missing cruising right now. Your new puppy is adorable.

@singinalot Your Greece trip photos were stunning.  You and your sister have beautiful taste in wedding gowns.  Enjoying your stories (Insta)from your current

trip

@grapau27all the best for your skin cancer op.  Been there done that - Had my face and back done in the same op - my scars initially looked like I had been bitten by a shark! but miracle cream erased the scars eventually thankfully 

@lenquixote66 was interesting reading about all the bands and singers you have seen.  

@Jimbo your gazebo looks lovely.  I could see myself spending hours in there relaxing with a good book if we had one in our garden especially as we are heading into summer over here - once the rain finally stops..,

@ozark_kid your grandkids are adorable.  Hubby is desperate for grandkids but we’ve got a while to go before that happens..,

@dani negreanuyour son is an impressive surfer.  My brother met his wife when he fell off his board, ended up in hospital and she was his nurse.  He lives in the Blue Mountains now so he doesn’t get to surf as often as he used to when we were kids living a short distance  from the beach.

Hello to all the other regulars.  Can’t quote you all😀

Thank you for your good wishes.

Paulines cousin lives in Adelaide and when we can we want to fly to Australia to cruise from Sydney and visit Adelaide.

Graham.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got a notice that rates are going  up next month. I'm tempted to call and cancel service to see what kind of deal they might offer.

DH calls every time we get the notice and is always able to negotiate something. “Longtime customer, I’m going to look at other options, etc”.  This is with Cox Communications. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

DH calls every time we get the notice and is always able to negotiate something. “Longtime customer, I’m going to look at other options, etc”.  This is with Cox Communications. 

Thanks. I also have Cox.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

(We loved his previous film The Grand Budapest Hotel)

The Rescue - National Geographic documentary on the Thai soccer team & their young coach who were trapped deep within the cave system in Thailand for 18 days - fascinating documentary.

We, too, loved the movie The Grand Budapest Hotel, have watched a couple times.

I think the whole world was tuned in everyday while those children were trapped, amazing rescue except for the loss of one of the divers.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Even in the muppet movie “Elmo Saves Christmas”, the muppets Bert and Ernie are confused when they hear their names in It’s a Wonderful Life”. 

Now I know I pay too much attention to little things in some movies.

That is hilarious!  Thank you for this morning chuckle!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually yes, we can attach to a dish on the roof 

But really no need. My cable bill for DVR, GOLD service, and land line is only $65

Gold includes about 500 channels including HBO and Showtime.  I can even watch HBO from Ocala using my Spectrum credentials 

That's an amazing rate.  You are very lucky we have nothing that low here in PA.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually yes, we can attach to a dish on the roof 

But really no need. My cable bill for DVR, GOLD service, and land line is only $65

Gold includes about 500 channels including HBO and Showtime.  I can even watch HBO from Ocala using my Spectrum credentials 

Wow!  We pay $125.88 for internet only.   Comcast Xfinity.   It's also not the greatest, but it's all that we can get where we live.🤐

• Like 2

I went to dermatologist yesterday for annual check up.  I had 3 spots removed that he said are most likely nothing but I wanted them gone.

He did prescribe the chemo cream fluorouracil to try on a  small sun spot on my cheek.  Will do apply twice a day for 10 days and if it doesnt have any reaction from the cream then it's nothing to worry about.

Today I go for my annual mammogram and Monday I go for my pre consult for colonoscopy.  Hope to get scheduled before our return to cruising begins on jan 9th.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's a classic. I should also add "Christmas With The Kranks". Great movie based off the the book "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham

What's the Ben Aflek movie where he rents a family for Christmas?

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

And I may be the only one who loves Christmas music but hates Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" mainly because it's get's played to death. So in honor of that, here is a pretty funny video.

Laura likes Love Actually.

Bell actually has a Christmas Lobster🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You mean the movie where the big city career girl moves back to her childhood small town to take care of her ailing mother and runs into her high school boyfriend? Or the one with the big city career guy that moves back to his childhood small town to take care of his fathers ailing business and runs into his high school girlfriend? 😄

LOL...actually neither.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Christmas_Card

• Thanks 1