Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, mets07 said:

My husband and I are gazing at NYC skyline from the Chart House restaurant in Weehawken New Jersey. We are celebrating his birthday and welcoming in 2022.

Happy New Year!!

20211231_165010.thumb.jpg.cca3348c0004e906aad46a01742d9948.jpg

That's beautiful! I love Chart House restaurants.  Happy Birthday to your husband. They used to have Alaskan King Crab legs. :classic_biggrin: We still couldn't get any crab for New Year's. They were sold out. :classic_sad:

When the Chart House restaurant in Lake Tahoe was closed this past summer, during the fire and evacuations, bears broke into the kitchen. 

So, we will just snack on Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies. I made them last year, and they are very tasty. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, mets07 said:

My husband and I are gazing at NYC skyline from the Chart House restaurant in Weehawken New Jersey. We are celebrating his birthday and welcoming in 2022.

Happy New Year!!

Best place to watch fireworks! And what trumps it all.....easy access to the restrooms!😁

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

The sad part of the "triple" celebration [taking into account my SIL birthday in the same day] is that the last time my SIL was "alive" was on Jan. 17th, 2016. That morning I woke up early and told DH: "may be, for a change, you'll congratulate Hassia, instead of her congratulating you first all those years". He looked at me and said, with a twinkle in his eyes: "I've just done that. I spoke with her a few minutes ago, she was in a hurry and will get back to me later"...

The doctors said straight away that there is no hope for recovery, but her daughter and son refused to accept it, so she is in a special hospital since then.

That is very sad to hear.  Just reminds all of us to live life and enjoy every moment as you just never know what could happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have new neighbors that moved into the house across the street from us a week ago.  They are a very young couple with a baby.  They are out on their deck, which is a new Trex deck installed by the old owners, lighting off roman candles!  They are not out on the large grassed backyard, they are on the deck with sparks showering down on the shed below and shooting up above their roof!  

Oh no, to be young and stupid!  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, to be young and stupid!  

He stopped shooting them off the deck and then was out with a flashlight under the deck, so I wonder if he melted a hole or something.  They moved to the driveway, beside the cars instead lol  At least our house is on a hill above the street and what he was setting off couldn't reach this high.

• Like 5

I, too, would like to add my New Year wishes to all of you. I'd also would like to thank you all for this little Oasis of a retreat from the snark of the main threads and the stesses of the outside world. Whatever your plans for the night, be safe.

IMG_7657.thumb.jpg.732bcd9b25c713d09db964220b1239b6.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You didn't have pizza until you were twenty? I'm pretty sure I was gumming it until I had cut enough teeth to be able to chew it.

Remember I’m 85! When a few Italian restaurants in Jacksonville put it on their menus, it was pizza pie, and not very popular. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

Happy New Year!!

What a fabulous spot for a restaurant!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Remember I’m 85! When a few Italian restaurants in Jacksonville put it on their menus, it was pizza pie, and not very popular. 

The only restaurants that I knew as a kid were my grandmothers' and my mother's kitchens.😊

And... I've never heard an Italian call it a pie.😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

Happy New Year!!

I love that city. I haven't been there in two years. The longest I've been away in a very long time.

• Like 3