Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great cruise. I have not been on Mariner in a very long time. Will you be posting from the ship?

Thanks  Probably not posting  Going back on the Mariner again with my girlfriend on the 21st.  Also sailing with my friend  @Ourusualbeach

Edited by molly361
  • Like 7

Driveway update.  Owner came out and looked at issues after going back and forth on the phone.  He is going to fix lip at garage entrance.  The seam that is crumbling, he is calling surface scratch and it is normal to see some and that we are seeing so much because of the size of the driveway.  He acknowledges the damage at the bottom and will fix that in the spring.  We had planned to have the driveway seal coated in the spring and he is now doing that for free.

There is nothing that can be done now because of the weather but at least he has seen what it looks like now and if it gets worse, we will point it out in the spring.  I am still concerned about water getting into the house again, especially with another rainstorm coming tonight.  He suggested a few sandbags for now at the corner but we have bought a barrier called Quick Dam and also some Quick Dam bags.  We are going to put a ten foot barrier across the garage and reinforce with the bags.  This product soaks up the water and inflates causing a barrier to hold the water back.  

I know this is not going to be the end of this but at least he is aware of our concerns and says he will deal with it.  He is trying to blame it on the new concrete and that the water came out of the seam but there is no evidence of that at all.  If it was coming up from somewhere, I would have seen it as I was wet vacuuming.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I liked Harrison Ford best in the role, but Alec Baldwin was really good in The Hunt for Red October.  Great movie if you haven't seen it.  Sean Connery is also great in that movie.  You piqued my interest, so I looked it up and was surprised to see that Ben Affleck and Chris Pine also played Jack Ryan.  I remember their movies now that I've seen them listed but didn't before looking it up.  

I binge watched the entire Reacher series yesterday.

I agree re The Hunt For Red October.

On 2/6/2022 at 2:11 PM, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree. I think she is amazing. Still can't believe she had the guts to be nude in "The Deuce."

I never saw that .I will have to see if I can find it.

Looking forward to conversing with you after your successful surgery and recovery,Greg.

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That is sad Lenny that a great doctor had to retire at such a young age because of injuries in a car crash.

Sending prayers 🙏 that he is well and financially secure so he can enjoy life with his family without worries.

Graham

I believe that he is working currently as a Medical Consultant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I hope you're not heading to the Mariner on the 21st because you're booked on the Indy.🤣

OOPSIE😇  Have a lot of MA booked- forgot the next was the Indy

Edit  Good thing I have other people driving me

Edited by molly361
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Being the Ricardo’s was a good movie.  I knew some of the background info about some of the ground breaking aspects of I love Lucy, it was nice to learn the rest.  Nicole did a great job portraying Lucy.  
“In from the cold” was a great series on Netflix.   
It’s been about 10 years since I’ve been to a movie theater. It’s just more comfortable for me a home especially these days with the technology of larger screens, sound systems and streaming.  

I guess that I am in the minority because I did not care for the film.I was looking forward to seeing it because I am a huge Lucille Ball fan,especially of her dramatic roles.My mother lived in Jamestown NY when she was a child as did Lucille Ball.My mother had red hair and was 4 years older .People believed they were sisters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Driveway update.  Owner came out and looked at issues after going back and forth on the phone.  He is going to fix lip at garage entrance.  The seam that is crumbling, he is calling surface scratch and it is normal to see some and that we are seeing so much because of the size of the driveway.  He acknowledges the damage at the bottom and will fix that in the spring.  We had planned to have the driveway seal coated in the spring and he is now doing that for free.

There is nothing that can be done now because of the weather but at least he has seen what it looks like now and if it gets worse, we will point it out in the spring.  I am still concerned about water getting into the house again, especially with another rainstorm coming tonight.  He suggested a few sandbags for now at the corner but we have bought a barrier called Quick Dam and also some Quick Dam bags.  We are going to put a ten foot barrier across the garage and reinforce with the bags.  This product soaks up the water and inflates causing a barrier to hold the water back.  

I know this is not going to be the end of this but at least he is aware of our concerns and says he will deal with it.  He is trying to blame it on the new concrete and that the water came out of the seam but there is no evidence of that at all.  If it was coming up from somewhere, I would have seen it as I was wet vacuuming.

Any chance down spout got clogged and froze and then rain /ice/ sleet over flowed the gutter onto the apron of the driveway and then flowed into your garage?

Do you have a picture of that apron area with no ice and snow on it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I’m glad that he came out to look at the situation and acknowledge that he needs to correct it.  Hopefully in the spring he will keep to his word and resolve the situation to your satisfaction.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Any chance down spout got clogged and froze and then rain /ice/ sleet over flowed the gutter onto the apron of the driveway and then flowed into your garage?

Do you have a picture of that apron area with no ice and snow on it?

Just took these. Wetness on cement was where I was standing when driveway guy was here . Raining a little now and water is flowing down driveway. No way of knowing what happened before. It just never happened before in the 20+ years we have lived here, so you start by looking at what changed. Driveway guy is trying to say it is the new cement at a seam. I am sure if I get my cement guy here, he will blame the driveway guy.  With another inch of water forecast, I just want it to stay dry inside. 

1D4DEF65-2D16-4FE7-94BB-3954BB21AA3C.thumb.jpeg.eceacdaf1e4c922d18fe4b0fd8feffb3.jpeg

92AE8262-8786-4E19-B0FA-5660829FC6CE.thumb.jpeg.57451727dfe230b22a40d474c493ebab.jpeg

00E35638-A2DA-441D-89A7-A85FA6F40F7F.thumb.jpeg.de860f1f2c287e9e7450a12ccc78f378.jpeg

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That asphalt is much too high.  I am not an expert though!

I am not an expert either but I think it is too high too.  He says with the overhang, no rain gets in the apron area of the cement and the water didn't come from the driveway??????  I just don't want to end up with constant water that will lead to rot and mold.  

• Like 3